Sweet Like Honey

Chapter Two

He’s late. He’s really really late! I told him I would arrived at the bus station around 8pm and it is now 8:05pm and he is nowhere in sight. It’s starting to get darker and people are starting to clear out. Maybe he forgot. But if he does forget what do I do then? Lock myself in the bathroom and sleep there until morning? I could just hunt him down in the morning and surprise beat the poop out of him for having forgotten me!

May day! May day! Suspicious male standing by the vending machines all alone—be on high alert agent Abby! I watch the man out of the corner of my eye as he just stands around and glances over at me every now and then. He’s planning to assault me! Harvey where are you? This could be the end of my life as I know it. I’ll end up in some European country as a sex slave and I’ll never be able to escape. Suddenly, the man starts walking towards me with a smile on his face and I prepare myself for the attack by reaching for my pepper spray. Just then a little girl rushes past me and jumps into his arms she says something in some European language I don’t understand and the two laugh.

At ease agent Abby. I relax a bit after the two leave, but still keep my eye out for any suspicious men.

“Jesus Abby did you just bring your entire closet?” I jump at the sound of the voice and turn around to find my giant best friend.

“Harvey!” I yell and immediately jump over one of my bags to hug him. He practically has to pick me up off the floor to give me a decent hug since he’s over six foot and I’m only a little over five feet. It’s even hard for me to wrap my arms around his broad shoulders, he’s so huge!

When he finally puts me down he says, “Did you get smaller in the last year since I’ve seen you?”

“No, you just got bigger,” I respond. He reminds me of the giant from Jack and the Bean Stalk. I can’t believe he got bigger and I stayed the same. Not fair genetics, not fair.

“How is the fine Jefferson family coming along?” he asks in a very formal tone, mocking the way my father speaks.

“Oh quite well. In fact Mr. Jefferson has a good chance at winning the election,” I respond in an equally as formal voice.

“You think they’ll ever find you here?” he asks going back to normal.

“Nah they’re too busy. They’ll probably just tell the press that I’m studying abroad or something and then send someone to look for me after the election.

“It’s a good thing you have such a kind and loving best friend that is willing to take you in for a couple of months,” he adds as he places one hand over his heart and flutters his eyelashes.

“Thank you kind young man the pudding gods will likely repay you for your generosity,” I add and he laughs.

“Remember when we made a shrine for the pudding gods out of broccoli hoping they would change the broccoli to pudding?”

“Oh yes how can I forget!”

“Excuse me,” someone interrupts, “we need this area clear for the next bus coming in.”

Harvey picks up my all six of my bags with his two arms and starts walking towards the parking lot. The drive to his house wasn’t very far and I got a glimpse of the town. It’s pretty small maybe 7 thousand residents. The roads are much wider and it smells like . . . pine trees. Which I guess makes sense because the town is smack in the middle of the Sierras. This is such a nice town I can even see the stars! There are so many of them. I bet this town is just as beautiful in the day time.

“Here we are!” We pull up to a small house with a large garage . . . ? Oh right he needs the storage space for all his outdoor things. We walk in side and the house is a mess! There are clothes everywhere and it smells like cheese!

“Do you not clean up after yourself?” I ask and pinch my nose.

“Sometimes,” he says and opens the door to some room and tosses my luggage.

“My room I assume,” I say glaring at him for being so reckless.

“Yes, I’ll give you a tour when we get back.”

“From where?” I ask shocked that he wants to go out this late.

“I’m taking you to my favorite restaurant. There’s live music there usually.”

“It’s 9pm! I can’t stay up late or I won’t be able to get up early,” I trail off towards the end of the sentence. I don’t have to get up early anymore! No more stupid three hour events at 8am in the morning!

“Come on let’s go!”

“I’m not ready I look like the queen of raggedy town.” I haven’t showered or changed in the last twenty four hours.

“You look fine,” he says and picks me up and carries me over to the car as I kick and complain.

“No no no no! I don’t wanna!” I try to run back into the house, but Harvey grabs me and pulls me back

“Get in the damn car Abby,” says Harvey and I squirm around to try and escape but I’m no match for him.

“May day! May day! Agent Abigail is under attack send some back up!”

“Alpha tiger says to get in the car. Over,” responds Harvey.

“I look gross!” I whine.

“Don’t you want to meet Ryan?” Harvey asks letting me go.

“Your boyfriend Ryan?” I ask enthusiastically and he nods his head.

With that I jump into the car and we head on over to the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case no one has noticed I'm terrible with commas so I apologize for the obvious lack of them. Anyways, next chapter I'll introduce Ryan and . . . the stranger that changes everything. ;)

Comments?
Enjoy!