Sometimes I Wonder What It Would Be Like to Be Dead

Sometimes I Wonder What it Would be Like to be Dead

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be dead.

I mean, it's not like I'm suicidal or anything. I'm a perfectly happy, normal, sometimes angsty teenage girl. But, ya' know. Sometimes I get to thinking about it.

What would happen? Would everything just go black, and I'd no longer be aware of anything? I legit would cease to exist? Or would I go to Heaven, or maybe Hell? Or would I be a ghost? Is reincarnation real?

I honestly don't know.

Seriously, though. I don't want to die by any means. I'm pretty happy with my life. Great friends, fairly good family life, okay grades, great boyfriend, and whatnot. I can't complain! Sure, a lot of messed up stuff happens, but that stuff is bound to happen. It's supposed to be all part of the adventure, right?

In church, they hardly EVER breach the taboo subject of death. If they do, it's always "Oh, just get saved and you'll get to spend an eternity with god and angels and bright, shiny stuff and it'll make you happy!"

But... who said I wanted that?

I mean, I'm TOTALLY Christian. I believe in God, Jesus, everything. I WANT to be loved and accepted by him, and I want him to be part of my everyday life.

But, I want to be with family and friends and I honestly don't like bright lights or french horns or the color white all that much, so the place doesn't seem all that appealing to me.

Plus, nowhere in the Bible or in church have I been told that you'll be with your loved ones in Heaven. And without them, it really WOULDN'T be paradise.

And it's possible that I'm going to Hell for even thinking about this!

But, is it really true?

I hope so, but I don't know.

And, in reality, we could one day just be floating around as mindless, soulless invisible blobs of plasma, oblivious to what's going on around us.

I just don't know.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be dead.