Things Are Shaping Up to Be Pretty Odd

Pretty Odd

"Something wrong?" Payge gazed at me with intense eyes. "You look nervous."

"Garrett Hedlund and Kevin Bacon are coming in tonight," I chuckled as I looked at the door. "Someone I looked up to all my life and someone who’s sexy as hell, I'm slightly nerved."

"Garrett's coming?" Jayden yelled happily. "We know him, he's a sweetheart."

"Awesome," I laughed as Brendon huffed. "Oh come on Brendon, I just look, eye candy boy."

"Yeah, no harm no foul," Payge giggled as Brian kissed her neck. "Seriously Brian stop it, damn."

“Yeah, stop,” Jayden stuck out her tongue.

“Oh, please, Jay. Need I tell them the story of my birthday at the pool when-“

“Let’s not talk about that, okay?” Jayden growled, shaking her head.

“Alright,” Payge nodded.

“No, what happened?” Tay leaned over to Payge, who whispered in her ear. “Awww! Way back then!”

“Why’d you tell her?!” Jay whined. “No one else is supposed to know about that! It’s embarrassing.”

“No, it’s not!” Tatum squealed. “It’s cute!”

“No, it’s embar-“

“Uh, hi?” Garrett half waved, standing in front of everybody. Tay, Pay, Jay, and I all screamed and ran up to him, hugging him tight. “Well, I feel welcome!”

"Oh right," I cleared my throat and stuck my hand out. "I hugged you without introduction, I'm Devan the owner of this bar."

"You're Devan?" he asked wide eyed as he looked me up and down. "I was figuring a guy, but you are far from it."

"Thanks?" I said raising one eyebrow as I looked behind him in complete business mode. "All of the crew with you?"

"Everyone but Kevin, he and his wife will be a little late," Garrett said slowly as he watched me intensely. "I'm sorry for staring I just defiantly didn't expect you."

"Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Good, great actually," he laughed as he scratched his head. "Are you single?"

"No," I laughed as I pointed behind me to Brendon. "He's my boy toy."

“Damn,” Garret laughed playfully, then turned to Jayden and Payge. “Hello, again. Haven’t seen you guys since the baby was born.”

“Yeah,” Jay nodded. “We’ve all missed you.”

“Yeah, I know this is heartfelt and stuff, but Cobra Starship has to do a quick rehearsal,” Tay waved us away. “Wait in the office.”

“Alright,” I nodded as we all crowded into the small room.

"Wait," I said slowly as I looked around the room. "Why are we waiting?"

"I don't know," Payge said slowly as she turned and looked out the door. "Should we dash and split up so she can't find us?"

"I have to be the bouncer so I'll go to the door, you guys go where you want," I laughed as I walked past Garrett and Jayden. "By the way it was good seeing you two again and it was nice meeting you Garrett."

"Yeah we love you Devvy!" Payge giggled as she waved at me, Jayden blew a kiss and laughed.

"It was nice meeting you too," Garrett laughed as I walked out the door.

“What the fuck are you doing out here?” Tay whined.

“I’m going to the door,” I explained. “I’m a bouncer, remember?”

“Oh, yeah, go ahead,” Tatum waved me away as everyone else fell out of the office. “What was the point in even trying to put you all in there?”

“We got bored,” Jay shrugged.

“You were in there for a minute,” Gabe laughed into the microphone.

“Well, we have short attention spans. We either get bored or have sex. Now which would you prefer?”

“Sex!” Gabe joked, Tay glaring at him.

"I have a husband," Jayden said slowly as she pointed over at Zacky, who was glaring at Gabe. "And he's not very happy."

"Oh, sorry Zacky."

"And my husband has a temper," Payge smirked slightly. "I wouldn't like to ruin my night by bailing him out of jail."

"Sorry," Gabe chuckled as he held his hands out. "Okay Tatum we're ready."

"Start it up," I yelled from the door as I left a twenty three year old in.

“Yes, ma’am!” Gabe saluted me like earlier and turned to the rest of the band.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! We'll go on a Disneyland acid trip!