Things Are Shaping Up to Be Pretty Odd

Pretty Odd

"You're dad is coming."

"Oh shit."

“Oh shit is right,” Tay nodded. “When’s the last time you’ve seen him?”

“It’s had to have been two or more years,” I shrugged. “But why at such an abrupt time?”

"I'm not sure."

"Shit."

"Hey!"

"Hey Pete," I whispered as he leaned over the stage to stare at me.

"What's wrong pumpkin?"

“Everything that can go wrong tonight,” I sighed. “Is.”

“Well, that doesn’t sound too fun,” He frowned and pulled me into a hug.

“It isn’t,” I mumbled into his chest.

"I'm sorry, so what else is wrong?" he asked as he winked at Tay.

"You told him didn't you?"

"Yes."

“Fuck,” I mumbled. “Well, now you know, what do you think I should do?”

“Do what your heart wants you to,” He said softly.

“Why does everybody say that?!”

"Because most smart people do that."

"How do you follow your heart when you think with your head! It's confusing!" I yelled as I felt someone hug me from behind. "Brend--- Dad?"

"Hello baby girl," he smiled as he kissed my temple. "How have you been?"

“I’ve been better,” I sighed.

“Awww, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing you need to worry about,” I shook my head.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure dad, why don't you go let Angel the bartender give you a shot of Jack, tell him I said it’s on me."

“If you say so,” He let go of me and walked back out into the bar.

“So now that he’s gone,” I looked back to Tatum and Pete. “What am I gonna do?”

"Who do you want more?"

"How the hell do I know?" I yelled throwing my arms up.

“Well, think about it,” Tay said. “Think about your future, and who’d be best for you. Who do you love the most?”

“I-I don’t know,” I mumbled. “Bren- No, no, it’s Pat- But-“

"Huh?" Pete cocked his head. "Slow down and think."

"I'm thinking too much Pete," I whispered

“I have an idea,” Tay said softly.

“Well, let’s hear it then,” I looked over to her.

“Tonight, after everyone else is gone, were gonna get Brendon and Patrick together. I need you to go up to them and just say the first name that comes to mind.”

“Tatum!” Pete yelled. “That’s a crazy idea!”

"But it may work!"

"I'm not so sure," I whispered. "What would that solve?"

“Well, as you walking up to them, think about love,” She shrugged. “One of them is bound to pop up in your head… Or you could just not date either of them, maybe hunt down William Beckett.”

"William Beckett?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "That boy is a rail, I like guys who actually have meat on their bones."

"Patrick," Pete said nodding his head.

“Tehe, he is tubby,” Tay nodded and giggled in agreement. “But Brendon is skinny, too.”

“True,” I sighed.

“What about Andy?! Or Gabe?!”

"Andy?" I said with wide eyes. "Are you fucked up in the head?"

"I often wonder.”

“What about Gabe?” Pete butted in.

“What about him?”

“Would you date him?”

"He could be a possibility but we're trying to decrease the guy intake I have not increase!" I yelled

"Sorry," Pete giggled

“Yeah, whoops,” Tay looked away and laughed. “Well, Fall Out Boy is going on soon, we’ll continue this later.”

“Okay,” I nodded as we all walked back over to the bar.

"Maybe I should go and think," I said

"Go."

"Thanks Tatum," I mumbled as I climbed under the bar and sat against the wall.

"You okay?" Angel whispered as he looked down at me.

“Does it look like I’m okay?” I glared at him.

“No,” He shook his head and sat down next to me. “What’s wrong?”

"I'm stressing," I hissed as I looked up at him. "It’s pissing me off because I can't make up my mind!"

“Just listen to you-“

“Don’t even finish that sentence.”

"I'm sorry," he bent down and grabbed my hands. "Just calm down and you'll be fine."

"Is Diablo here?"

"He just arrived ten minutes ago, he's talking to a guy at the end of the bar," he said softly as he kissed my hair. "Just rest and think."

“Okay,” I nodded and lay back under the ledge as Angel stood up and leaned against the counter.

After about half an hour of thought, I had finally decided on who I would choose.