A Good Girl and a Naughty Boy

one and done

I chuckled as she pulled on my hair. I moved to kiss her neck but she brushed me off. I went to kiss her lips but she put a finger between us.
“Alright, you keep flirting with me, hell; you have been flirting all night long. Yet you won’t let me kiss you? What’s going on? We’ve never had this problem before,” I groaned in frustration. I had just gotten back from a two week road trip and this was the first time in said two weeks that I even had a chance to get lucky in the sack.
“Because, big boy, there are things a couple can do besides have sex,” she responded while twisting the ring on her finger.
“And that’s why you are wearing that ring. But it’s been two weeks, baby. I’m going to have blue balls if we don’t do something soon.”
“That seems to be a problem for you, Mr. Kane. I think I’m just going to head out,” she picked up her martini and drained it before standing from out seat on the leather couch at a club downtown Chicago.
“You aren’t driving, you don’t have a car.”
“I’ll hail a cab, besides, you shouldn’t drive either. We both had way too much to drink.”
“Sadie, don’t be like this,” but she was already out of ear shot as the music seemed to suddenly get louder. I sighed, wiped a hand over my face, and slapped a few bills to cover our drinks and a tip down before rushing after her. “Sade,” I tried to get her attention once I found her outside. She was twisting the ring again and slowly, she looked up at me with her gray eyes behind that wall of black hair.
“Patrick, I need to know you aren’t going to leave. I know you gave me this ring, but who’s to say that it will keep you from running. Everything I’ve ever heard has prepared me for you to run when you commit to a woman. I never bothered to listen to what people said about the few guys who hang around,” there were slight tears forming in her eyes.
“I gave you that ring for a reason, Sadie Ann. I should be the one worrying about you leaving me. You are way too good for me. And you know what? I’ve transformed into a better man because of you. In order for you to stay around, I had to make it worth your while. Obviously, I’ve done that much. I just don’t want to lose you.”
“I really want to believe you, Patrick.”
“What if I were to say we fly our parents out here tomorrow and we get hitched tomorrow night? I’ll take a personal day Saturday and we’ll go on a short weekend honeymoon. I’d say we could do it tonight, but you know your father would kill me if I didn’t officially ask him in person first, and my mom would for not having her there. So, why don’t we do it? You want a commitment, and I’m willing to give you one,” I suggested as I wrapped her in my arms, never breaking eye contact.
“I think you are a naughty boy that’s perfect for me,” she smirked and looked down.
I tilted her chin towards me so I could look in her eyes again. “And you are just the good girl, you know that?”
“Yeah,” I kissed her. “I know,” she smirked and hailed a cab so we could go home and fix my blue ball problem and prepare for the next couple of days before we tied the knot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, sweet, based off the Carrie Underwood song.