Status: Completed. (Sequel Maybe? Not sure.)

Minutes of Accidental Escape

"---everytime I lost my way, you were there to break my fall. Now I'm running away."

The sun was up high in the sky now. The sound of clock ticking of the old diner bar awakened Joanne from her deep thought. She felt something wasn’t right.

“I think we should get going right now,” Joanne said, making Dan checked his watch.

“You’re right. The pancake tastes like dishes anyway.” He replied as he got up from the chair. Then he walked straight out of the diner with Joanne followed him.

The road was empty. There was no bus stop so they had to call for taxi.

After fifteen minutes, taxi finally arrived. Both, Joanne and Dan, immediately jumped to the cab and asked the driver to drive them to the hospital where Joanne’s brother was hospitalized.

At the first thirty seconds in the cab, Joanne looked worried. She kept looking back every time. Dan finally realized her discomfort.

“What’s wrong?” Dan finally asked. He followed her looking back through the back window of the cab.

“I am not sure, but I think I saw one of the drug dealers we met yesterday.” She said, still looked desperately worried.

“Where?”

“In the diner, just before we left.”

“Probably you had mistaken it. I don’t think they will come back. I mean we could’ve just called police, right?”

“Perhaps you’re right. Maybe I am just tired.” She let out a deep sigh as she leaned against the cab seat. But then she looked in the rear-view mirror and she saw the van of the drug dealers they accidently rode last night, not so far behind them. “Or, maybe you’re wrong. The van is right behind us.”

Dan looked back and the red Pontiac was right behind them. “Bloody hell!” he cursed.

“Do you think they know we’re here? Are they following us?”

“I am not quite sure.” He said. We better find out but how? Then Dan had idea. He asked the cab driver to drive faster, so much faster. The driver didn’t want to do it first, but he did it anyway. They went to 100km/hour in no time and a bit faster.

They looked back and see the van was following the cab they were ride on.

“Holy Lord!” Joanne went panic. “Oh my god, what should we do, Dan?”

“First, you need to chill. Second, get as far as we can from them, definitely. But I haven’t got any idea. Do you?”

“We have to get out of the taxi.” She said. “In the crowded place”

“But where?” Dan asked.

She thought. Once she got the idea, she snapped her fingers. “Aha! How about mall?”

“We’re going to the mall then!” Daniel exclaimed.

“Okay,” the driver said as he stepped on the gas. But apparently, it wasn’t fast enough for Dan.

“Faster, please?”

It didn’t need more than 30 minutes to take them to the mall. They didn’t see the van but they were sure that the drug dealers were around.

Dan realized that they needed to hide away from the drug dealers or exactly, two mental men, who had been following them since this morning. But Dan also realized Joanne couldn’t do run because her knees were still injured.

“I am sorry I can’t run,” she realized by his I-am-thinking-now look that Dan was worrying her.

“No, it’s fine. Don’t be sorry. I was the reason you got the injured, remember?” he exhaled.

“But, how are we supposed to avoid them now?” She asked, not noticing there were the drug dealer dudes ten feet away behind her.

Dan, who saw the dudes, didn’t bother to answer Joanne’s question. Instead, he immediately carried Joanne on his back and ran through the crowd. Joanne was surprised and asked him to put her down but, of course, he didn’t do it.

“Joanne, you may think I am enjoying this, you know, carrying you on my back, honestly, yes, I am enjoying this. But don’t take it the wrong way; I wouldn’t do it if two psycho men weren’t running to us while you even could barely walk.” He explained while running away from the two drug dealers with Joanne on his back. Jo couldn’t help but laugh to what he said.

“Daniel, you better really enjoy it and run as fast as you can!” she said, but didn’t stop laughing.

“Roger that! We’re moving, fast. ” Dan replied as a smile curved his lips.

Just like what Jo said, he really ran as fast as he could, trying to get away from the psycho dudes. People’s eyes were on them, without knowing what actually happens, they quietly judged. Some people who knew Joanne and noticed that was her, called out her name when they saw her. But she didn’t wanna be noticed, she just wanted to enjoy the escape operation with Daniel Flint.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really had so much fun just to write this chapter. I hope you too, as much as I do.

xoxo

ps :
Please don't be silent reader!