Status: Completed. (Sequel Maybe? Not sure.)

Minutes of Accidental Escape

Better Late Than Never

“Here is the room,” She said as she took a deep breath. They were in the hospital, right in front of the room where Jo’s brother, Tommy, was hospitalized. They should’ve been here yesterday but some things didn’t always work the way we planned them to be. Two strange men, who turned out to be drugs dealers, had been chasing after them but they managed to run away.

“Are you ready for this?” Dan asked, he could see that she hesitated. It’s understandable that she acted that way. She felt guilty that she couldn’t come to wish her brother happy birthday. She was guilty about how the little surprise for Tom didn’t go the way she planned it to be.

“It’s not even his birthday anymore,” she let out a sigh, resting her body on the wall.

“Listen, it’s better late than never. Besides you are bringing the present with you.” He winked.

She kept quiet for few minutes. It’s like she was deep in thought.

“You’re right.” She said as she straightened up. “I’m bringing the best present he’d never guess.” She slowly twisted the doorknob and opened the door. She saw no one but Tommy, who’s slowly, turned his head around to her. “Hey brother, happy belated birthday!” she said as she approaching Tom’s bed.

“Joanna, where have you been?” he sounded worry instead of mad. He still didn’t notice the guy behind Joanna.

“I was looking a perfect birthday present for you. I’m sorry that it took longer than I predicted.” She said as she stepped aside; revealing Daniel.

“Wait, is that?” Tommy’s not sure with what he saw.

“Yes, he is Dan Flint and he’s your birthday present.” Jo and Dan exchanged look; smiling. Then Dan moved closer to Tommy’s bed while Tommy was little shock; dropping his jaw somewhere on the bed.

“Hey mate, happy belated birthday”

“Are you for real?” Tom asked, making Dan and Jo laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a year? Has it? By the way, just like the title, "better late then never". And I'm sorry it's just a short update and I guess this is the end. College has a way of making me insane.

Maybe there'll be a sequel. Maybe. Because I'm not sure if you want to read it or not. So yeah. haha

xo