Status: One shot, therefore no more chapters.

Untitled.

1,440 words.

Ivy rolled over onto her side. Letting herself wrap up further into the blankets. The sky outside was dark but the moon shone bright. The moonlight shone through the girls window onto the small picture frame next to her bed. She reached out and wrapped her unnaturally skinny fingers around the picture frame bringing it close to her small, fragile face. She stared at the image in front of her of a picture taken a few months before. A picture of them. She sighed feeling a tear glide down her cheek.

Sam sat with his band mates in a random dark club in the center of Brighton. The air was thick and reeked of sweat, booze and lust. He picked up his bottle again and took a large swig of the liquid he hoping to drown out his sorrows upon. He pulled out his phone and scrolled threw his pictures. Most of them were random photos of him and his friends from the tour they had just finished just a few days prior. He continued scrolling until he reached a picture. A picture taken many months ago.

"Sam" Tom, Sam's band mate said into his ear placing his hand on his back in a friendly comforting way. "What are you doing to yourself?" He asked taking a seat next to his best Friend.

"What have I done?" Sam asked looking up into Toms eyes. His own eyes had become blurry from his tears and it was making it hard for him to see.

Tom sighed and played with the paper label on the front of his own bottle. "What's done is done. I'm sorry, mate. You need to stop this. It's not healthy. "

"I know, but..." Sam sighed and whipped his eyes with his thumb. "I just need to talk to her. I need to see her. Just once. Then I'll be done."

Tom sighed and dragged his eyes from the green bottle in his hands to his Friend in need. "Are you sure?"

Sam nodded and stood up from his bar stool "Yeah. I'm sure." Without another word he pushed his way threw the dense population of club and out onto the cold English street. He pulled his simple purple hoodie closer to his body to protect him from the cold. He ripped the hood up onto his head and started the short walk to her house. He pulled his cigarettes out of his jeans pocket and a lighter before pulling the fag up to his lips and lighting it slowly.
He held the cigarette with his left hand while he used the other to push his lighter back to his pocket. He reached her apartment block door and punched in the familiar code used to enter the building. Taking baby steps up the stairs, he remembered all the times they had walked these steps together. The first time they kissed at was at the top of these steps. They had kissed then Sam to leave to go play a show. And the last time they had seen each other had been on these stairs. Sam remembered the shouting and the arguing. He remembered her throwing his stuff out of the apartment, along with him too. He remembered her face, the tears dancing away from her eyes as he turned one last time and left.

She lay on her side still and continued to stare at the small frame. She heard a small buzz from the front door. She stoop up slowly and pulled down the bottom of her extra large Your Demise shirt she wore as bed clothes and wandered to the door. She stood up on her tip-toes to look trough the peep hole at her visitor. She pulled her door open slowly, staring at Sam with wide eyes. His eyes met hers for a second before they started at the floor.

"H..hello?" Ivy said in her small timid voice.

"Can I come in?" Sam asked.

Ivy reluctantly pulled the door open wide enough for him to come in. She shut the door behind him and turned on the light in her small living room.

Sam stared at the wall across from him as he sat down on her sofa. He didn't know what to
say, he was speechless. Even now, at three in the morning, she was beautiful.

"What are you doing here?" Ivy asked sitting down across from him on the second of the two sofas.

"I needed to see you." Sam mumbled.

"Well" Ivy started "Here I am"

"You voice is still exactly the same." Sam slurred.

"Are you drunk?" Ivy said standing up and walking over to him. She smelled his clothes, that once immaculate purple hoodie she loved so much now reeked of alcohol.

"Fuck sake Sam, you're drunk again! Did you just sit in a bar by yourself all night, again, and just thought 'I know what to do, I know who'll put up with my shit again. Good old Ivory!' Well not this time! Just, get the fuck out" Ivy screamed pointing to the door. Sam sat like a statue, just staring at her.

"What?!" Ivy screamed once more.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't mean to." Sam began.

"Why do it then? If you loved me so fucking much why did you fuck her? Why did you tell me you love met hen go and fuck some random slut?" Ivy asked trying her best to keep herself calm.

"I don't know, Ivy. I was stupid" Sam said slowly.

"Tell me Sam, do you even remember her name?" Ivy was now desperately trying to hold back her tears. She took her seat once again on her sofa. She heard nothing in response from
Sam "I'll take that as a no then." she said as tears started to roll down her face.

"Please don't cry Ivy. I never wanted to make you cry" Sam said, whipping his own tears away. Sam stood up and walked across the living room so he was kneeling in front of her. He lifted her head and whipped her tears. She stared at him for a few minutes before pulling away and leaning back against the back of the sofa. She pulled her knees to her chest and hugged them tightly for comfort.

"Still to this day, you've always been the only person I can cry in front of."

"Ivy, I'm so, so sorry" Sam said as his tears ran like waterfalls.

"Save it Sam, I'm tired of this argument."
Sam stood up and sat next to her on the sofa. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his chest.

"I'm tired of all this. I just want my best friend back." Ivy sobbed into Sam's shoulder.

"No. Ivy, no. Please don't cry. I'm here. Sam's here now. I'm going to make everything better, okay?" Sam got nothing but a small nod in response. He lifted Ivys chin with his hand so her eyes were directly looking into his. He pulled his hand into his sleeve and whipped away her tears. Ivy got herself comfortable in Sams arms once again. and soon enough she was asleep.

Sam picked her up bridal style and carried her off into her bedroom. He layed her back in bed. He sat down slowly on the edge of her bed and looked around the room. It was still exactly the same. Cream walls, a few posters scattered around the walls, makeup completely covering all surfaces possible, too many shoes. 'Organized chaos' she would call it, It suited her perfectly though.

Sam felt two arms wrap them self around his body. He looked over to see Ivy practically asleep.

"Sam?" Ivy asked not moving from her spot.

"Yes?"

"Sing to me just like you used to?" She asked.

His arms wrapped around her body. He looked up to see a small golden picture frame on her bedside table. It still held a picture of them together. The same picture as Sam had been staring at just an hour ago.

"I wrote you a song."

"Sing me it?"

"Always the one with the face on,
Always the one with never enough
He was the boy that broke your trust because he was never around enough..."

Soon enough Ivy was asleep in Sams arms, just like it was all those months before. Everything was perfect. They both knew ofcourse, as soon as morning came, this night would be forgotten. One would have to leave, Sam to go home or Ivy to go to work. They wouldn't look back as they left, no point. They would treat this night like a dream, like it had never happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the ending isn't very good. This has been living in my brain for a while, I just wasn't sure of an ending.

So I lost my plan for my other Sam Carter story so I thought I would just do a one shot. I have a few ideas for stories but I'm not very good with regular updates.

I would love for someone to comment and tell me what they think of this because I'm not 100% sure on it.