Dreams After Dark

Tooth Fairy

The little girl sighed and placed her tooth under her pillow. Another night and still the tooth was there. She hung her head and sighed once more.

"Don't be sad, sweetheart. I'm sure she'll be here tonight." Her father told her, smoothing her golden hair out on her messy head. He kissed the crown of her head and pulled the blankets over her frail body.

"I love you, Daddy." She whispered lovingly, snuggling next to Mr. Giggles, her teddy bear, and getting comfortable under the thick duvet.

"I love you, too." He whispered back and kissed the tip of her nose. She smiled and snuggled closer to Mr. Giggles. He stood up and walked towards the door.

"Goodnight, Beautiful." He whispered, walking out of the room and closing the door.

Silence overtook the peaceful room. The little girl's eyes slowly drooped shut and her world was plunged into darkness. Her mind filling with peaceful dreams of ponies and Mr. Giggles.

But there is always something in the dark just waiting for the perfect opportunity to get you. And this time, she wouldn't fail. Not like last time. This time she was ready for anything.

She stood perfectly still in the closet, not wanting to give up her place to the not fully asleep girl. Her mind was set, tonight there would be no mistakes. Tonight she would get revenge for all of those children who had managed to escape her grasp. Tonight she would claim the head of the beautiful sleeping girl.

Her wings flickered slightly open and then closed restlessly. She had waited six years for this one child, and tonight she would have her. She stared out the cracks of the closet door and a smirk broke out on her grotesque face.

She pushed the door open quickly, not wanting it to squeak and alert the child's father. She hovered an inch over the floor, her feet just barely dragging the light pink carpet.She glided slowly over to the girl and knelt beside her on the floor. Her eyelashes fluttered at the presence of another person, but became still after a moment.

The tooth fairy steadied herself as she got up close to the girl's face and stared hungrily at her closed, moving orbs. Her breathe came in short raspy gasps and she backed up a bit, not wanting the girl to wake just yet.

Her eyes raked over the girl's small form under the duvet and cocked her head to the side. Now was her chance, before the father could come in. She slowly stepped closer to the girl and put a deformed hand over the girl's mouth and picked her up with the other hand.

The girl's eyes flew open, but didn't see the Tooth Fairy until she was already at the open window. She pulled the little girl out the window and flew to her cave, which was situated just a few miles from the girl's house.

The little girl cried out for her father, but he never came. She was left to die in that little cave. Her father, though he looked for her, never found her. She became the lost girl. The girl who always dreamed of meeting the Tooth Fairy. And the girl who died by the one and only.