Living in Everyday Combat.

We dance into the fire, fire.

The room was pitch black. They both landed on the cold hard floor in complete darkness. The fall from the hatch had been a lot greater than expected, and neither Sean nor Ian had had time to brace themselves. Ian grunted thickly, he could feel the blood already running from his nose where his face collided with the ground. He pushed himself up, rocking back onto his heels. He rubbed under his nose with his hand, trying to stem the flow of blood. "Sean?" he whispered quietly. There was no sign of the girl and her brown haired friend, Aled.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around Ian, encasing him in a strong hold. He tried to shove them off him, but failed. They were wrapped around him too tightly, like a cobra would coil around it's prey. He was yanked from his kneeling position and up onto his feet, the person holding him refusing to give any slack. A pair of lips found themselves at his ear, voice harsh and rough. "Didn't Mammy ever reach you to never trust a stranger?" He squirmed violently as a rag came around his mouth.

"I-Ian?" Sean muttered quietly, pulling himself up into a sitting position. Before he knew what was happening, there was a muddy boot in his face, then darkness. Ian tousled forcefully, but it did no good. As quick as this capture had started, everything went black in a flash.

----------------------------------------------

The next Ian saw, was a dark room, lit only by a single lightbulb on the wall. He was sat in a chair. Ian could feel his head throbbing as he turned to look left. He came face to face with a concrete wall. He turned right. And he froze.

Sean was in the chair next to his, his wrists bound to the seat itself. His face was cut deep on the lefthand side, the blood that ran down his jaw already drying. His head was thrown back. Ian wriggled slightly and found his hands were tied down too.

"Stop squirming." came a voice from the corner of the room. Ian twisted his head around. It was the brown haired boy, who opened the hatch. Ian's upper lip curled up slightly and a quiet hiss formed in the back of his throat. He snarled under his breath then turned back to Sean. "If you don't stay still, we'll just put you out again." Aled murmured from his corner.

"Why tie us up in the first place? We did screw all to you! We were just looking for somewhere to stay, not looking for trouble!"

"Calm down." Ian's blood boiled in anger at this. How was he expected to calm down? He bit down on his tongue hard, ignored the water that filled his eyes, and kept his eyes on the unconscious Sean. Sean's chest rose and fell slowly, his breathing extremely shallow. Ian matched his breathing pace to Sean's, taking slow deep breaths. He could feel himself calming down. Ian began to watch Sean carefully. The tendons in his neck stood out where his head was back, hanging limp. Ian could almost hear his own thoughts screaming at him to call out for help, but he went against them and just sat there, watching Sean, waiting for him to come around.

Sean twitched, a groan escaping his lips. He swung his head up and forward, his eyes staying shut and screwed up tightly. Ian could see the pain that distorted his features, the way his fists clenched tightly. "Why the fuck is my head killing? Ugh." He groaned again, and Aled made a noise of discontent.

"Sean?" Ian whispered faintly.

Sean's eyes fluttered open and he glanced up. He pulled on his hands, then his eyes shot down to see the rope that bound him. His face contorted into confusion and he looked back up at Ian. "Uh.."

Aled walked over, shoes clipping the floor. He walked over to the only door in the room and made sure it was locked. Sling the handle down once, then again just to be safe. He then pressed the button that was on the wall. It buzzed twice. "They're awake, Scar. Feel free to come in." He paused for a second then strode over to Sean and Ian.

Sean raised an eyebrow. "Uh.. I don't know what's going on, but I'd like to y'know, go? I have a family to go home to." Ian's eyes widened. He reached his foot out and kicked Sean in the leg, with as much force as he could muster. Sean's gaze snapped back to Ian. Shut up and stay calm. Ian mouthed.

"You'd better listen to your friend, and shut your mouth." Aled said. His thick American accent was weaved with tinges of Welsh. Ian frowned slightly, noticing this. He hadn't noticed the Welsh before. Now, it was coming through. The way he rolled his r's, the way he accentuated his a's.

Then it hit him. Not literally, Aled's attention was on the very very confused Sean. Aled. He only could think of one Aled, one Aled who he should've recognised as soon as Scarlett had said his name. He didn't understand why he hadn't noticed it before, maybe it was because it had been many years since they had seen eachother.

"Al, stop this." Ian murmured, his eyes fixing on the tall dark haired guy. Aled froze instantly. "Take off the accent. C'mon." Ian sat up a little straighter. He could see the panic flash in his eyes. Ian looked at Sean briefly. "Help me out Sean. You know who he is, right? You must do."

"Um, no.. Sorry, I have no idea who he is. Or you, for that matter." Ian's jaw dropped. What the actual fuck was Sean talking about?

"Sean.."

"No, really. I have no idea who you are." A smirk crossed Aled's face, and slowly it built up into a manic laughter. The door slung open forcefully and in walked Scarlett. She stood next to Aled, hands on her hips, taking note of the scene before her.

Ian's jaw was almost touching the floor. How could Sean not kno- Ah. The boot to the face. Oh.
♠ ♠ ♠
oops.

Title credit: Kids In Glass Houses - Fire.