‹ Prequel: Better Off This Way

Cry

Tempted

Sophie had not laughed like this in months. She really hadn’t, and she hadn’t spent time with someone like Chris before. She loved her friends, but everyone once in a while needed a break from their friends. Sophie found talking to Chris was something she could easily do. They had a lot of things in common. It was more than just about art though. They talked about music, movies and their dislikes and likes. It was so refreshing to get to know someone. The place they had dinner was really good. She thought they would go to a fancy place, but he picked a place called Islands. It was a place where burgers were the specialty. She got a Hula burger and it was so good. He got fish tacos and he said they were good too.

There were people who recognized him and asked for pictures and autographs. He apologized after the fifth person who asked for a picture.

“It’s all right. I used to… date someone in a band, so this happened a lot too. I’m quite used to it and I don’t mind at all,” she smiled at him.

“Really? May I ask what band? Maybe I listen to them.”

“Maybe,” she sighed and wondered because he didn’t say he liked Avenged Sevenfold. “He’s in Avenged Sevenfold.”

“I think I’ve heard of them. Did you date the singer? Drummer?”

Sophie laughed and shook her head. “No, the singer, Matt he’s dating my best friend Arianna. I dated the lead guitarist… Brian.” She knew she had to tell him she was divorced but that would get so awkward, so she switched topics and asked him about the place he grew up at.

He started to tell her stories about his upbringing and how close he was to his mom. He liked to visit her a lot and then the topic switched to her family. She explained how they moved from England when she was a teenager and then after she was old enough, they went back to England. She talked to them, but not as often.

“Do you miss them?” he asked and drank from his water.

“I do, honestly. But I have my friends and we’ve become so close that they are my family,” she rubbed her hands clean when she finished the burger. One more bite and Chris was done with his fish tacos so she didn’t feel bad for finishing first.

“How about we go get some ice cream and have a nice walk on the beach?” he suggested after he paid for the food.

“Sure,” she agreed and then they got out. He drove them down to the pier. They got their ice creams before they went down to the beach.

He offered her his jacket and she took it because her cardigan was too thin. It was quite windy. She didn’t mind seeing his muscles. She asked about his work and he explained how much he liked it. He also said he got naked a lot and they had a laugh about that.

“I never noticed that until you just pointed out right now. You do have the body so you have nothing to be ashamed of,” she placed her hair behind her ear.

“You’re very beautiful, Sophie,” he grabbed her hand and slowly intertwined their fingers. “I know it sounds cliché and probably corny, but you really took my breath away. I was so damn nervous around you. I was surprised you understood a word I said.”

She believed him. They took off their shoes and started to walk on the sand. There were some people having bonfires nearby. They got close to the water, but not too close. She knew the water had to be freezing cold. They talked about a few more things. He spoke about TV shows he liked. He recommended some and she felt very comfortable with him. She hadn’t been this comfortable since Brian.

They walked for a little bit and then decided to sit down on the sand.

It was then she felt the need to tell Chris.

“You know how I told you I dated a rock star?” she asked.

“Yes, Synyster Gates. I remembered a friend of mine listens to them. Dude is sick on the guitar,” he chuckled.

Sophie took her hand back slowly. “I was married to him. So when I mean date, I meant I dated Brian for a few years, got married and now we’re divorced.”

“Oh… I’m sorry it didn’t work out,” he rubbed her back.

She smiled at him. “Thanks… I think. I hope it doesn’t make you… want not to have a second date or something. I really like you. I haven’t smiled this much or laughed this much in so long. I really like being around you.”

“I like being around you too. Truth be told, I got out of a big relationship about a year ago and my friends thought it was about time I got back in the game.”

“Arianna thought the same. We did go to a bar, but I wasn’t ready, but now I am,” she reached out for his hand and he didn’t pull back. She was glad he didn’t. He moved in for a kiss and she took in a deep breath. She was about to kiss a man who wasn’t Brian. She hoped it didn’t suck. She leaned in the rest of the way and their lips met. Warm, fuzzy feelings took over her body. She took in a deep breath again and exhaled slowly. Chris kissed her tenderly.

He placed his free hand on her cheek and pulled her in closer so the pressure on their lips was more. The kiss turned passionate. They released each other’s hand and she placed hers on his short hair. The kiss remained innocent, but it left her very dizzy with desire and something she had lost… hope. She now knew that Brian wasn’t the only man for her, or at least it didn’t feel like it anymore. She found hope that she could also find someone else to make her feel like Brian had.

**

“So you said Sophie’s name during sex with Amanda?” Matt wanted to hold in his laughter, but he just found it so damn funny. Sophie was out on a date and Brian realized he was still in love with his ex-wife.

Brian frowned at his so called best friend. Matt would be the only one who would understand him or so he thought because Matt was in a relationship.

“It’s not fucking funny so stop trying not to laugh and don’t laugh at all!” Brian punched Matt.

“Hey, it’s not my fucking fault you fucked up big time,” Matt leaned away from Brian. “This is on you. We all knew that Amanda wasn’t going to last. Did she leave you?”

“She said she’s staying with a friend for a while, so I’m not sure if we’re broken up or not. I don’t know how it happened! One moment I’m fine and the next I’m a fucking mess.”

“Maybe because you found out you still love Sophie!” Matt punched Brian back. “You’re the idiot who let her go. Honestly, women like Sophie don’t come around often. Amanda was with you even though she knew you were married. Dude, that says a lot about her. She should have respected that you were committed to someone else.”

“You can honestly say you’ve never been tempted by another woman?” Brian didn’t want to feel like the bad guy anymore. He made a mistake, but he was only human. He made the biggest mistake of his life.

“I’ve been tempted, Brian, but I’ve never acted on them. You were in a weak state of mind. You thought Sophie wanted to settle down quickly with the baby talk, but you should have explained to her you weren’t ready. You decided to cheat on her with some groupie,” Matt shook his head. “Look, we have, well I have an amazing woman. She gets me like no one else. I don’t know how the fuck she puts up with my shit. Sophie used to put up with your shit. You did her dirty, really badly.”

Brian groaned loudly and sat back on the couch. “So even if I wanted to get back with Sophie, she’s going out with fucking Captain America! They’re probably having sex now!”

“Do you really think Sophie is like Amanda?” Matt laughed. “You’re so damn jealous it’s funny. I’ve never seen you this jealous. You two are meant to be, Brian. Good thing is you realized you fucked up and now you can dump Amanda and get back the woman you truly belong with.”

“It’s not that easy. Amanda… well she um she gave up a lot to be with me.”

“For fuck’s sake, Brian. Either fight for Sophie or let her go. You have no right to mess up with her head just because you’re too much of a fucking chicken to break up with someone you’ve only been with less than a year.”

Brian sighed knowing his friend was right. He rubbed his face and then leaned forward with his elbows on his thighs. “So changing the damn subject, have you proposed to Arianna yet?”

“No. I want it to be real good, so I’m going to do it tonight after I rock her world,” Matt smirked. “She’ll be so exhausted she’s just going to say yes.”

“I wish you better luck in marriage than I had,” Brian said.

“Yeah, I’m not going to fuck up what I have for some groupie,” Matt laughed and Brian just rolled his eyes.

There were steps coming down from the upstairs. Arianna walked down with a smile on her face that faded when she saw him.

“You’re here again?” she scoffed. “Don’t you have blonde bimbo to live with?”

“Arianna, we talked about this,” Matt told her. “Be nice.”

“He broke my best friend’s heart. I don’t forgive or forget,” she sent him a glare. “Anyway, Sophie is here and we’re going to my room to have some girl talk. If you two want to go out it’s fine with me.”

“But tonight we said we would…” Matt cleared his throat and told her the rest with his eyes.

“Not tonight. She needs to tell me how amazing it went with Chris Evans,” Arianna laughed and went to the front door and opened the door.

Brian saw Sophie just on the doorway and he wanted to shoot himself. Seeing her in person confirmed that he was still very much in love with her; she had that radiant smile used to be for him. He used to put it on her lips and he used to make her feel like she was the only one. He had seriously screwed up their lives. It scared him so much that he was still in love with Sophie. Why did he have to find out so damn late?

Their eyes met, and it was heartbreaking to see she looked happy. She gave him a small smile and greeted him.

“Hi, Brian,” she said softly.

He swallowed hard. “Hi.”

“We are going to be upstairs for a bit then,” Arianna grabbed Sophie’s arm. “Good night, Brian.”

“Night, Arianna,” Brian could be mad at Arianna for being mad at him. He knew how close the girls were. She and Sophie were friends for a long time. She was very loyal and Brian admired that. “I should go… break up with Amanda.”

Matt patted his back. “Best fucking decision you made since you decided to sleep with Amanda.”

Brian gave him a look. “Dick. If I break up with Amanda, Sophie might still not want to get back with me. She might fall in love with Chris.”

“And you are going to wonder ‘what if’ if you don’t at least try to win her back,” Matt pointed out.

“You’re right, okay… good advice. I’m sure you and Arianna are going to be very happy. Don’t ever fuck shit up with her.”

“Nah man, she’s the one.”

**

“Oh my god! That is so cute!” Arianna squealed. “He is perfect, Sophie.”

“I know!” Sophie lied back on the bed. “I can’t believe he makes me feel so… alive again. I just feel the butterflies and the way he kisses. Arianna, he gives the most wonderful kisses. I just want to kiss him all day.”

“I’m just so happy for you, Sophie. You’re moving on and you seem happy again.”

“I am. I told him about Brian and it didn’t freak him out. What is he doing here anyway?”

Arianna shrugged. “I have no idea. Maybe he left something from the night he stayed over.”

“How are things with you and Matt?”

Arianna grinned. “Perfect. I never thought I’d be in a relationship with him. I didn’t think we were compatible to be in a relationship. Sex? Sure, hell we have mind blowing sex. It’s nice to have someone to cuddle with after having like three or five orgasms in one night.”

Sophie laughed. “Remembered when you were sure you and James Deen were meant to be.”

“I still think so,” Arianna sighed and then the girls laughed.

Their laughter died after a moment. Sophie said she had to go home, so she got off the bed and hugged her friend. Arianna walked her downstairs. Brian was no longer there. Matt was watching TV with a beer in his hand. Sophie hugged Matt and then wished him a good night.

Sophie was going to stop by a sex shop and buy herself a vibrator and think of Chris. It was going to be the perfect way to end the night.

**

“Oh God!” Arianna screamed into the dead of the night with her fourth orgasm. Matt had become relentless and she had no idea where it came from. It wasn’t like they hadn’t had sex for days. Last night they did it all night, but tonight it was extra special. He not only made her feel like she was at the top of the world, but she felt cherished. He told her sweet things to her and then followed with some dirty things. She just loved that he understood her. She wanted to be loved, but also wanted to hear how he wanted her. Explicit details always got her worked up and when he talked to her up to her orgasms, it was heaven for her.

“I want another one, Arianna,” he panted in her ear as he moved to her hands and knees. He brought her up so her back met his sweaty chest. He moved her long brown hair to the side and held on to it and pulled it back so their eyes met. He continued to pound into her without losing pace. “I want to feel your walls clench around me again. I want to see tears come down your face from the ecstasy.”

With just his words she was already so close.

When he slowed down, she thought she was going to die. She had been so close to coming for the fifth time and she needed it like she needed air.

“MATT! FASTER!” she screamed.

“Shhh,” he placed his hand around her throat and gave her sharp, harsh thrusts. He released her hair and turned her face so he could the corner of her mouth and then her mouth itself. He remained deep inside of her and he played with her clit with slow circles.

“I can’t… I can’t…” she whimpered talking about coming. It felt like a hurricane. She was not going to survive it, but she also needed it.

“Yes, you can, baby,” he said when he pulled back from her lips. “Look at me,” she stared into his honey, warm eyes and came. She shouted and convulsed all of her muscles jumped and tightened. Her whole body became one big spasm. Tears did come down her face and Matt kissed her towards the end of it. It was a slow kiss that left her without air. “I love you, Arianna.”

“I love you,” she replied back, exhausted.

Several minutes later, she was conscious and they were cuddling naked. Matt never felt this kind of peace before. When he had Arianna in his arms, everything was all right in the world.

Matt knew it was the perfect time. He got up from the bed and went to get his jeans.

“You have another condom?” she asked quite shocked that he had more. “Can we use it in the morning, babe? I’m really tired.”

He laughed and took out the black box from his jean pocket. He went back to bed. All of his stuff hanging loose. He showed her the box and she gave him a scared look. He hoped she was just surprised. He opened up the box.

“I have no big speech. Just… will you marry me?” In his head, he saw that she screamed and jumped on him and would say ‘yes’ over and over and kissed him all over the face.

Instead… “No,” she shook her head. “God, Matt… why? No… no I can’t marry you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
leave some love and thoughts about what is going on! it's crazy.