Status: Completed 6/19/2012

Forget Your Mistakes

Honestly, I Just Don't Care

Other than the sweaty people pushing up against me and screaming in my ears, their show was probably the best they’ve ever given. In my opinion, at least. I ran backstage to Ryan and basically tackled him and screamed, “THAT WAS AMAZING!” He laughed, “Thank you.” I looked at Jamie, Ian, and Nash, “Oh, you guys did amazing, too.” “Wow, thank you, Alex.” Nash said sarcastically. I stuck my tongue out at him and hugged him as he laughed. I noticed Jamie and Ian still watching, so I held my arms open, “Come on. You know you want a hug, lover boys.” Ian was the first to walk up. He wrapped his arms around me and laughed, “Thanks, Alex.” I turned to face Jamie, “I’ve only got a limited supply of hugs for the next 10 minutes, and I know you want one because, let’s face it, my hugs are great and you’re missing out.” “Yeah, Jamie. Truly missing out.” Ryan smirked. “Oh, whatever, Ryan. Shut up,” I laughed. I opened my arms again when I faced Jamie, who just stared at me, “Look Jamie, I can’t properly congratulate you unless I give you a hug. That, and I don’t want to look like an idiot standing here with my arms open.” He sighed, but smiled, and wrapped his arms around me. I could have sworn I felt his heart beating faster, but maybe it was just mine. “Much better,” I said while letting go. He smiled slightly again and Ryan winked at me when I looked at him. I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly, “Well, I should be heading home. Again, Amazing job tonight, guys. You’re all wonderful, and I love you!” I smiled and trotted off back home. That’s the beauty of living down the road from the venue. I didn’t need a car, and I got to enjoy the fresh air.

I opened the front door and saw my mom standing there with her arms crossed, and I knew I was in for something. “Leah Alexandria Davis. Where in the hell have you been?” she yelled.

I instantly froze. Shit. I knew I forgot to do something before I left the house to go to the show. “I was at the venue watching Ryan’s band play.” I replied calmly, closing the front door behind me. She still wasn’t having it. “Who’s Ryan?” she yelled again. “You know Ryan. I’ve been like best friends with him since elementary school.” “Oh, so you were sneaking out to see him?” “What? No!” “Did you have a good time with him?” I couldn’t believe she asked me that. I knew for a fact she knew Ryan and she was just looking for a good enough reason to yell at me more, but indirectly being called a slut isn’t exactly something that puts anyone in a good mood. I had finally had enough. I walked right past her and up to my bedroom, slamming my door behind me.

I stuffed a few things in my bag and headed back down the stairs. My mother tried to stop me, but I kept walking. As long as I was out of that house, I didn’t care where the hell I ended up. I knew lived fairly close to Ryan and Jamie, so I walked to their apartment.

I knocked until I heard Ryan yell, “It is 10pm. Unless you are the pizza guy with a free pizza, I suggest you-” He stopped when he opened the door and saw me. “Alex, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? What do you have your bag for?” It felt like the questioning never ended and, to be honest, I didn’t even know I was crying. “I left. I finally got fed up with her shit and I walked out.” “Do you have any place to stay?”

I knew that question was coming. I didn’t want to just invite myself to stay with him and his brother until Rebekah and I left for New York, but I didn’t know where else to go. Rebekah lived clear on the other side of town, and I didn’t have a car. It was a split second decision, but I figured it would be a better shot than sleeping on the streets.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Ryan grab my hand and pull me inside. I guess it was obvious by my vacant stare that I had no where else to go.

Ryan basically threw me onto the couch, sat next to me, and pulled me into the tightest hug I’m sure he’s ever given anyone. “Ryan,” I said when he let go of me, “I can’t just invite myself to stay here.” “Well, where else were you planning on going?” “Rebekah’s place,” I stated. “Alex, that’s all the way on the other side of town. You can’t just walk to her house alone in the middle of the night.” Ryan said, shocked. “And why not? If I didn’t come over, you never would have known!” I yelled, almost starting to cry again. I knew he was just being protective, and don’t get me wrong, that’s one of the reasons I love him, but I’m not a baby anymore. I can handle myself fairly well. “But you did come over here, Alex. And I can’t let you just walk all the way across town alone at night. How long were you planning on staying at Rebekah’s?” “About four months. Until we leave for New York.” “You’re moving to New York?” My head shot up and I turned around to see Jamie standing at the end of the hallway. “Yes. For college,” I said after about ten long seconds, my eyes wide. “Oh…” was all Jamie said. I didn’t know if I was dreaming or what, but I could have sworn he sounded disappointed. “You didn’t tell him?” I asked, turning back to Ryan. Ryan replied, almost as if he were in shock as well, “I…I didn’t know I was supposed to. I didn’t think it would matter.”

It almost seemed as if Jamie was mad about what Ryan said because he just breathed in slowly and glared at him. “Um.. I don’t mean to interrupt this staredown, but is there something someone’s not telling me? Because I’d really like to know what’s going on now..” I didn’t understand why Jamie seemed to care so much. I mean, he didn’t even know I was alive until now, right?