Status: Completed 6/19/2012

Forget Your Mistakes

Don't Act Right When You Know You're Dead Wrong

-Alex-

After about an hour and a half of goofing off, The Maine had to go back to the studio to do some recording. They walked back with us to our bus and then we said our goodbyes. The guys did that weird bro hug thing or whatever it is guys do, Rebekah didn't let go of them for at least 2 minutes each, and I just hugged them like usual. I opened the bus door, then turned around, "Oh, guys! We're getting into the show you're doing here in a couple days for free, right?" John laughed loudly, "Of course you are. Don't forget to bring your dancing shoes either, got it?" "Yes, sir," I laughed and stepped inside.

"How was your date?" Jamie mumbled from on the couch. I didn't say anything, just rolled my eyes at him, walking past him and into the bathroom. When I came out, I was about to climb into my bunk to rest and I heard Jamie again, "You never told me how your date went." I rolled my eyes at him again, "It wasn't a date, Jamie." "Really? Then what was it?" "It was a group of friends hanging out." "Am I not part of this 'group of friends' anymore?" he asked bitterly, standing up. "Not when you're acting like this," I replied as calmly as I could. "When I'm acting like what, Alex?" "You know exactly what you're acting like, Jamie," I said, giving him the same tone he was giving me. "No, I'm afraid I don't." "Like this. Like a dick! I don't understand why you're getting so worked up about this. I don't like Garrett in the way you want yourself to believe I do. Garrett and the rest of those boys have been like brothers to me since I met them and they have done nothing but love and support me. You may be my boyfriend, but you can't tell me who I can and cannot be friends with, Jamie."

I quickly wiped away a tear as I pushed past him and walked off the bus once more. So much for talking to him without getting angry.

-Jamie-

I stood there as Rebekah, Ryan, Nash, and Ian stared at me. Nash rolled his eyes, "Way to go, Jamie." "Best boyfriend of the year, if you ask me," Rebekah said before turning around and walking to the back of the bus. Ian didn't say anything, just walked back and climbed into his bunk. Ryan looked at me for a few seconds before raising his eyebrows and gesturing toward the door, "Swallow your pride and go get your girl back, you idiot."

I turned around and pretty much flung the door open, running outside. I figured Alex couldn't have gone too far. I ran a little further and saw her sitting at the edge of the small pond beside the studio. She had her knees pulled up slightly, her elbows resting on them, and she was running her hands through her hair. As I got closer, I heard her sniffling and I immediately felt like shit.

I sat down beside her, "Alex..." She shook her head and scooted away from me slightly. I sighed in defeat, "Alex, I really am sorry. I overreacted, I know that." She still refused to say anything. "I don't know how I can prove to you how sorry I am for being an idiot, Al." "I don't think you can," she finally said, "I just wish you'd stop getting worried over nothing. I love those boys, but I could never love them the way I love you, Jamie."

She stood up and started to walk away when I jumped up. I grabbed her arm and spun her around, grabbing her face and smashing my lips onto hers. She yelped, but wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled and moved my arms down to her waist, holding her tightly.

I pulled away and leaned my forehead against hers, "I really am sorry, Alex." She sighed, "I know, Jamie." "I will make it up to you, promise." "Oh God, please don't write me a song. I don't want you to go all Taylor Swift on me." "Well, you just ruined my plan. How about I sing a song for you instead?" She thought about it for a moment, "Alright, go."

I cleared my throat before singing obnoxiously, "Baby, you light up my world like nobody else!" She laughed loudly as I continued, "The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed!" I looked over at her and she hit my arm. "But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell!" She grinned and we sang the next part together as loudly as we could, "You don't know, oh, oh, you don't know you're beautiful!"

I picked her up and carried her back to the bus, only to walk through the door and receive stares from everyone. "You're just jealous cause we didn't let you sing One Direction with us!" I yelled, throwing Alex into my bunk. She screamed, then started laughing. "Jamie, you almost killed me!" I stuck my tongue out at her and she pouted, "That wasn't very nice, Jamieeeee." I chuckled and kissed her, "It'll be okay. Just sleep it off." I layed down next to her, wrapping my arm around her as she cuddled closer to me, laying her head on my chest.

"I like listening to your heart beat," she whispered. "And why's that?" "Because it helps me calm down. And I like knowing I make it beat faster. Just like I did right now," she smiled. I laughed lightly and whispered back, "I love you, Alex." "I love you more, Jamie," she said quietly before falling sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was hoping you guys could maybe help me out with something.
I've already asked this on Tumblr, but to be honest, I only get one person to do this if I'm lucky.
I was wondering, what would you like to see in upcoming chapters?
Like, what kind of drama?
Also, I'm sorry, I'll try to put in a lot more of Nash and Cady soon!
You can leave your comments/suggestions here, or you can go to my personal or this story's Tumblr.
Personal: http://makeoverstreettakeitalloff.tumblr.com/
Story: http://forgetthecontemplation.tumblr.com/