Sequel: Safe & Sound
Status: Finished!!!

Echo

I don't wanna be down and, I just wanna feel alive and

Nicole:

I was back in Shawinigan and was happy to be with family. My mom was sad to hear that I had to end things with Tyler, but she understood. the first few days here I didn't even leave my house, I cried almost everyday. But luckily my brother Marc wouldn't let me stay inside much longer and he decided to take me out to lunch. We got dressed and left for the restaurant. I have always been closer to Marc then Jean-Luc, maybe because we were the same age, but also because we both feel the same about many things. We got to the restaurant and sat at our table. "So what happened with Tyler?" "I had to end it." "Why?" "Our relationship was effecting everyone around us. One of Tyler's teammates was in the hospital." "What does that have to do with you guys?" "This guy Jordan who liked me kissed me while Tyler was out of town and Tyler got upset and fought him. To get back at Tyler Jordan went after his teammates and put one of them in the hospital." "That's pretty bad." "It's terrible."

"Do you love Tyler?" I gave Marc a smile and laughed. "Of course. I wouldn't have dated him if I didn't." "Well, I just think you are wrong." "What? About loving him?" "No. For ending it. If you really loved him then you wouldn't have done that." "I had to." "Bull shit Nicole. When have you ever given up on something you loved? Remember when Jean-Luc was thirteen, he broke his leg and thought he would never play hockey again? You helped him through it and helped him learn to skate again. Now where is he today?" "Playing for the Cataractes." "He is doing that because you loved him and wouldn't let him give up on his dreams of playing for them." "Okay, but this is different." "How? You loved Tyler as much as you love Jean-Luc and I. What is different?" I had tears in my eyes, I knew Marc had a point. "I'm scared Marc." "Scared of what? Tyler doesn't seem like the guy to leave you like the last guy." "It's not that. I don't want anyone else getting hurt. Boston just isn't working for us. To many people have been affecting because of our relationship."

"Listen to me, if you love Tyler and he loves you, you will make it through this. And if that means you have to leave Boston then you will leave Boston. It shouldn't matter where you are as long as you guys are together. And if Tyler is the guy I think he is, he will do anything to be with you and make you happy. And if he doesn't and he breaks your heart then I will beat his ass, but I don't want to do that." I laughed and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Please Nicole, I want to see you happy again. I hate seeing you like this." He gave me a smile and held my hand. "I will think about everything okay?" "That's all I ask." I smiled and we finished our lunch then headed home.

~~~~~

Tyler:

I have been depressed the last few days since Nicole left and my teammates have started to notice. Milan was coming over today to talk, but I wouldn't be around to talk for long. He knocked at my door and I let him in. "Hey Tyler what's up man?" "Nothing much." He looked at the floor and seemed confused. "What's with the suitcase?" "I'm getting Nicole back." "Tyler, you gotta snap out of this man." "No! I don't care what it takes, I'm getting her back. No matter what it takes." "What do you mean?" "If I have to leave Boston to get Jordan to stop and leave us alone I will do it. I don't want to, but I will do it if it means I can be with Nicole." "Tyler, you don't think that's a bit much?" "Milan, how much do you love Brittany?" "I love her more than anything." "And wouldn't you do anything to be with her?" "Of course, but." "But nothing! I know I'm doing the right thing, trust me." "Okay. If you believe that she is worth this and you think it's the right thing."

"She is and it's the only thing I can do." "Go." He stepped away from the door. "I'm not stopping you. I believe you. I can tell you really love her. So go." I gave him a smile and picked up my suitcase. "Thanks." "I will talk to coach for you." "Well, I plan on coming back to talk things over with him, but thank you. I appreciate it." I closed the door and we walked out. "So she really is the one Tyler?" "Yeah, she is. I can't imagine being with anyone else." "Well, I respect that. I hope you get her back man." I gave him a hug and we both got in our cars and headed our separate ways. I knew leaving in the middle of the season to go after a girl could be risky since I'm not on the coaches and managements good side right now, but I know it's the right thing to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a short update, but the next one will be filled with surprises. Comments? And I'm soooo sorry for not updating for the longest time! I have been super busy lately.