Sequel: Safe & Sound
Status: Finished!!!

Echo

But it's never enough

Tyler:

The trip to Ontario and visit my family was great. Nicole really got close with my mom and sisters, which is always important. Now we're back in Boston and things are sort of normal again. Nicole is slowly starting to trust me again, I'm very happy about that. Although, my dad has started trying to talk to me lately, but I didn't tell Nicole. I don't want to drag her into the drama with my dad. He has been texting me. He texted me early today saying he was coming to my game and that he wanted to see me before to wish me luck. I agreed,but I had to make sure Nicole wasn't around when that happened. If my dad really does come tonight, I have to make sure I play well, because if I don't my dad will not be happy. And if my dad isn't happy he will make sure he let's me know, and I'm afraid that something might happen in front of Nicole that shouldn't.

Nicole and I got to the rink for the game and she walked with me to the normal spot we say goodbye. I gave her a kiss, she wished me luck, and I told her I loved her. I waited there for my dad and I was so nervous. I was actually more afraid then nervous, I didn't know what it would be like seeing my dad after so many years. I was pacing back and forth until I heard someone call my name. "Dad?" "Tyler!" He quickly walked toward me and wrapped me up in a hug. "How are you doing son?" "Good, I guess." "That's good. You gonna score a hat trick tonight?" "I don't know." "Well, I am sure you will score and make some great plays." "Dad, why did you come tonight?" "I wanted to see my son." "Can't you watch me on tv?" "Yeah, but what's the fun in that?" "Well, I gotta get dressed." I walked away and my dad just said he would see me after, I hope he doesn't.

It was the third period, we were loosing 5-1 to Washington. This was my worst game to date. I have made so many turnovers, taken too many bad penalties, and the coach has been screaming at me all game. I know my dad won't be happy about this. It was my last shift of the game and I honestly didn't care anymore. I just wanted to get off the ice and go home with Nicole. I took another bad penalty that led to a goal. Coach didn't say a word when I got to the bench, he didn't have too. The game was over and I wasn't talking to anyone, I didn't even go to our goalie after the game. I knew everyone was mad at me, they had the right to be. I got undressed after coaches talk, showered, and was about to leave when coach stopped me. "It just wasn't your night tonight Seguin." He patted me on the back and let out a sigh. I shook my head in agreement and left to find Nicole. She gave me a hug and told me she still loved me and was still proud, that's what I needed right now. To know she was still happy with how I played made me feel a bit better. We were walking to the car and I was trying to get out of there before my dad found me in the parking lot.

We were so close to our car when he called out at me. Nicole looked back confused. "Tyler who is that?" I took a breath and turned around. "What the hell was that out there?" I clenched my fists. "Look, I had an off night. Everyone does." I went to turn around, but he grabbed my shoulder. "Um, I'm sorry you what? My son doesn't have off nights, after all the money I spent for you to play in the top leagues to get you here, you don't have off nights. Although that might be why you weren't drafted first overall, because of an off night." "No one asked you to send that money when you abandoned our family." Nicole stood behind me with tears in her eyes. "Tyler, what is he doing here?" "Such a shame that your girlfriend has to see this Ty." He looked at her and smiled, then laughed. "Nicole go to the car." I handed her the keys. "No Ty, I'm not leaving you." "Aw how sweet, I hope you enjoy the show honey!" "Shut up! Don't talk to her, you don't even know her! You don't even know me!" "You're my son, of course I know you." "No you don't! You were never around. I had to grow up so fast because I was the only man in the house. You don't know what it was like when you left."

"Okay then, tough guy. you think you are a man now? You must have a lot of frustration built up, why don't you give me one good punch right here." He pointed to his cheek laughing. "I'm not gonna hit you." "Okay." Next thing I knew I was on the ground. "What the hell was that?" "I never said I wouldn't hit you." I got up and took off my suit jacket and rolled up my sleeves. Nicole picked up my jacket and stood and watched all the feelings between my dad and I hit the boiling point. "Come on Ty, you got muscles, hit me." I swung but missed, my dad gave me a few shots to the head and I was down, but this time he wouldn't let me back up. He kicked me in the stomach and continued punching me in the face. I used my arms to block my face, but there was nothing I could do. I looked from behind my arms and saw the tears rolling down Nicole's face, she couldn't take it anymore. "Please! Stop it! He is your son!"

My dad just looked at her smiled, then went back to hitting me. Nicole looked up and saw some of my teammates coming into the parking lot. She did the one thing that would work, but could get her hurt. "Lucic! Marchand! Horton! Help!" My dad quickly looked and saw the guys looking over because of Nicole. "You little bitch!" My dad quickly left me and went over to her. "Dad, don't!" I tried to move, but it hurt to bad. "You should have kept your mouth shut! Now you can feel the same pain Tyler is feeling right now." He pulled a fist back ready to swing, but Milan Lucic grabbed his fist and stopped him from swinging. "Leave! Now!" My dad quickly ran to his car and left. "Milan, thank you so much." Nicole was hugging Milan, but quickly ran over to me. "Ty, are you okay?" "No, I'm not." "Nicole we need to get him to a hospital now." "Okay." They helped me up as painful as it was and put me in my car and Nicole drove me to the hospital, I really wish I wouldn't have let my dad come, and now I think I may have ruined the chances of winning Nicole's trust so that we could get back together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, but here is a dramatic update. Comment, rate, and subscribe please! thanks