Status: Active

The Ultra Story of Junior

Chapter 1

“If anyone can figure out this problem, they won’t have to take the test tomorrow,” Mrs. Yamski stated as she wrote her idea of a complex math problem on the white board. Most of the students in my math class decided on putting their books away assuming the problem was too difficult. I looked at the problem again; maybe the problem was hard—for them. I knew the answer was a smaller e based number and would only need to do a simple calculation in my head to figure out the exact number.
Inhale.
The answer was .02456 and so on, but this math wasn’t something we had learned yet. It was something out of the third year math course textbook for math majors at MIT that I rented from the library. I wasn’t supposed to know this stuff let alone understand it. Was this the pivotal moment where I exposed my genius and life changed for me? Would I finally be able to graduate school early, go to college and graduate (early) and run my fortune 500 company like I always dreamed of (early)? That seemed far too tedious to even engage, so I started to pack my things. “Well, since no one had an answer, I suppose I’ll just take the bag-o-candy home for the year.”
No.
“The answer is .02456 approximately, thank you.” I began as I walked towards the multicolored monstrous bag of artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup, “I’d let you know the exact fraction, but I hate fractions so…” I kept talking as I grabbed the bag from her desk.
“Mrs. Juniors!” Mrs. Yamski exclaimed behind me, “H-how did you…?” I was already out of the door too far away for her to try and stop me. I opened the bag-o-candy and ditched the contents that would later probably give me diabetes except for one piece that had been snatched away from me previously in the year along with the rest of the candy that held failed attempts of being eaten by other students. Unfortunately for this piece, it was not candy but the power source I had built for my own personal invention.
“Fuck you, Mrs. Yamski,” I muttered as I slumped into my car. I opened the dashboard looking for the remaining part of the invention. “God damnit, where is it!”
“Ditching again,” I yelped at the voice speaking through the window of my car, “You might want to go farther than the parking lot next time.”
I scoffed with annoyance, “Whether or not is none of your business—,”
“But, reminding you of your homework;” he began before I finished speaking, “your chores, to go to bed, to not have sex with everything you see, and to sometimes breathe is my business?”
“You do all that stuff because you love me, Peter” I stated matter-of-factly as my hand finally landed on the body of my invention. “Eureka!”
“Oh no, what are you going to explode today?” Peter knowingly asked fearful of the events he was certain would be dangerous and/or flammable.
“Remember the power piece Mrs. I-think-I-know-math stole from me last semester?” Peter nodded with a smirk, an indication he enjoyed the nickname for Mrs. Yamski, “Well, I got it back meaning…” I placed the small purple charm looking body of the invention around my neck and placed the power piece in the center.
“It’s glowing! Is it supposed to be glowing?” He asked with increasing alarm.
“Yeah, the metal inside the body charm is oxidizing with the surrounding atoms within the chest—“
“I don’t know what any of that means,” he screamed over myself and the loud humming coming from my necklace, “I think it’s growing!”
I smiled, “Good.” The necklace extended the and grew to the way I programed the atoms to expend. First into the chest piece, arm shields, leg plates and finally the mask.
“Holy shit,” Peter breathed, “You made a suit…”
Shakily, I took a step towards Peter, “I know,” I lifted my hand, “Is it glowing?”
“Yes, and I’d be much better if you didn’t point it towards me! I’ve seen what happens soon after it glows…”
“Oh right!” I lowered my hand; “Sorry.”
“Does it… fly?”
“It should; AIME?”
“Whose Aimee?”
“Automated Intelligence Memory Experiment, she’s like Jarvis.”
“Holy shit, holy shit!” He stared in disbelief, “What were you thinking doing this in the school parking lot?!”
“Um, yolo?”
“I regret showing you that song,” he stated not amused.
“Good afternoon, Norah Juniors. Excellent work on completing the suit and myself. We are both tremendous pieces of technology.”
Oh my god.
“You can call me Norah and thanks? I programmed you to be flattering didn’t I?”
“Yes you did,” Aime replied which did not fail to fill me with success!
“Must have programmed that on a fat day,” I said under my breath; “I think it’s time for us to fly.”
“Woah! Woah!” Peter exclaimed, “You cannot be serious! You can’t fly this thing! You haven’t even tried it? Where did you even get the metal for this thing? Home Depo? This will not keep you safe!”
“Excuse me! Does Home Depo even sell metal?” I stated as slowly backing away from Peter and surrounding cars, “This suit is made out of different elements and organisms! It’s not just iron!”
“Don’t do this Norah.”
“I’ll call you later. Aime, take off.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Love always, Die my Darling. Chapter 2 coming soon.