‹ Prequel: You Can Count on Me
Status: in the making c:

And She Will Be Loved

Lights Will Guide You Home

Alice kindly offered to drive me back to Sam's, and of course I took her offer. As I waved her goodbye I felt the cold chill of Fall snap at my back. "Emma! Is that you?!" I heard Bay yell. I spun around and she was looking at me frantically, she looked terrified. "Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"

"Jesus christ Bailyn, shut the hell up. Not everyone knows." I snapped at her. Bay's face fell from a worried look to an angered one. "I'm sorry for snapping, pregnancy hormones and a really shitty day can do that to someone. Thank you for being concerned with my well being. I'm okay, as is the baby."

Bailyn sighed deeply and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around her middle and she nuzzled her nose into my neck. "I thought you'd gotten hurt again, and I got so scared I was going to lose you and I can't lose my baby sister. Not again, not ever." I bit my lip and felt tears forming. I pulled away from her and looked her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry Bay, for leaving you. For everything I did, and all the mindless rage I harbored against you. I'm so sorry." She swallowed the lump I knew was in her throat and she nodded. She had tears now too. I hugged her again and she kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry."

"I forgive you, Sierra, Emma, what ever." I laughed and wiped my eyes. "No more sadness, no more tears. Wipe away the frowns and fears." I laughed again and shook my head. In unison we began to softly sing the song our mother wrote for us.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," I looked up at the sound of Embry's smooth voice.
"You're forgive, now go away." I touched Bay's arm and she turned to me. "Fine," She huffed, and then turned back to Embry. "If you hurt my baby sister, I'll cut you're favourite apendage off." I snorted as she walked back inside.

"She scared the hell out of me." I nodded and laughed a little.
"Me too, Em, me too." He smiled and looked past my head. "What?" I spun around and tried to see what he was looking at. He laughed loudly and shook his head. "What're you looking at!?"
"Nothing, nothing, god you're adorable." I blushed and looked away. "Now, what're you looking at?" I laughed and crossed my arms. I bit my lip and looked up at him. His smile faded into something different.

"What's wrong?" I asked him and turned my head to the side. Embry groaned loudly and rubbed his face."Embry, what's wrong?" He shook his head and lightly grabbed my face with his hands.
"I almost killed you today. I could have hurt you and that baby growing inside you. I almost did, and I'm so sorry and you're still so civilized with me. How? How can you be so forgiving?" I sighed and placed my hand over his.

"We've both made mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, Embry. I don't want to live my life holding a grudge and losing the ones I love. I almost lost my sister because of a grudge. I'm not going to lose you over anger." Embry smiled softly and I noticed him looking at my lips. I wanted him to kiss me, but at the same time I didn't. He started to move in closer and lean into me.

That's when my phone went off. He groaned and twirled away from me, I laughed softly and answered my cell phone. "Hello?" I asked smiling over at Embry.

"Hey! It's been a while babe, why haven't you called?" It was Devin. I felt my stomach drop and apparently so did my smile. Embry was now frowning, either he heard Devin or he just somehow knew. My chips are on hearing Devin. I bit my lip and my eyes were locked on Embry's.
"I've just been busy, you know, in my own little world." I said trying to joke. I still couldn't look away from Embry. Devin laughed softly, a little awkwardly. "Look, Dev, I'll call you in an hour or so. Is that okay? It's like 5 pm, I should be eating dinner soon." Devin sighed and I felt bad. I dropped my gaze form Embry to my feet.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and turned away from Embry. I couldn't deal with the guilt.
"Don't worry about it, I just wanted to know how my son's doing." I turned and looked at Embry, scared he'd be angry. But he was neutral. "But whatever, Sierra. Call me when you remember who's child you're growing."

With that last sentence, Devin hung up on me.

My bottom lip trembled like a child's would. Warm tears fell from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "No, no, no, don't cry Emma." Embry quickly hugged me tight and rocked back and forth on his heels. "Come on, sweetheart, let's go inside." I didn't move, not like I didn't want to. I just couldn't. My everything hurt, my heart was breaking. Embry sighed and picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and laid my head on his shoulder/chest area.

"What happened?" I kept my eyes closed, I pretended I was sleeping. "Why're you carrying Emma?" Embry expertly lied for me, telling them I was really tired and he was going to put me in my bedroom. Once we were up there I forced him to lay with me like he used to.

"I really did love him, you know." I mumbled into Embry's chest. It went out far and then compressed back in. His heart beat was steady, I expected it to be irregular. "Like, honestly I did. I was ready to have a baby with him, like in my mind. Then we had this huge fight and then after we made up, I found out I was pregnant and it's like everything changed." Embry didn't say anything, he only listened.

"The feelings I get when I'm around him are weird, it's like, I feel more nauseous than normal and my stomach seemed to roll around. As if, the baby doesn't like him. I know how ridiculous that is, but I'm serious." Embry began to softly rub my back with his index and middle finger.

"That's by no means stupid. Don't say anything that comes from your adorable, little brain is stupid." I smiled and cuddled closer to his chest. "How does the baby react when I'm around?" He asked softly.
"It's fine, like it's sleeping. I don't know, it's like the baby is content with you." Embry moved away from me a little. "What?" I mumbled after his lifted my chin. I opened my eyes and Embry moved to place his lips on mine.

It was like our first kiss all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, what's the dillly? We're not getting like any comments anymore?
I know we don't update on a regular schedule or anything, but still what's goin' on?
If you are reading this story, please comment, and give us feedback.
I really like this chapter and I hope you guys do too!
Have a lovely day, and if we don't update before christmas- although we should, have a wonderful christmas!
xoxo
tiffiny(: