‹ Prequel: You Can Count on Me
Status: in the making c:

And She Will Be Loved

Step by Step

I'm still mad at Embry, but Emma isn't and it is really starting to get to me. He even slept over last night. It is getting a bit ridiculous. She seriously can hold a grudge against me but can't do the same thing with her ex-boyfriend. I even have the decency to be mad at Paul.

"Emma, why did you forgive Embry so quick?" I asked.

"I know he didn't mean to hurt me," she said.

"Really, just like that?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said trying to ignore me.

"So I should have forgiven Paul right away?" I asked her.

"You should have forgiven him sooner than you are," she said.

"I think you are thinking for yourself and not for your child," I argued.

"Oh, and you were thinking for your children when you left Paul?" she asked becoming defensive.

"Yes, I was. I also thought about you and your unborn child," I said.

"Really because to me and everybody else it just looks like you ran away," she said.

"I ran away? That is a likely thing for you to bring up since you basically ran away," I said. We were both saying things to each other that we clearly didn't mean.

"That was different," she said.

"How so? You and I got into a fight and you just left with no explanation. You didn't just leave me, but you also left Embry who just found out you would never be his again," I said.

"Fine, I ran away for stupid reasons, but your reasons aren't much different," she said.

"You really think that? I have four children to take care of and a pregnant sister who asked for help. Would you really want to put six people in danger? I do love Paul, but the choice I made was to protect my family and keep my husband from doing something that he might later regret. Though he does regret what he did to me," I said.

"Embry regrets it too," she said.

"You do realize that you have a boyfriend, who is the father of your child, right?" I asked.

"Yes, and he isn't here right now is he," she said. I instantly thought of a plan. Even though I don't like the guy all that much Devin is definitely coming to visit.

"You're right and whose fault is that?" I asked.

"Mine, I didn't want him here when I told you. I know that you don't like him and I thought that it would be best if he just wasn't here," she said.

"You didn't want Embry to meet him," I stated. Oh my plan will be marvelous.

"I will always love Embry, but I have to be with Devin, for the baby," she said.

"You don't seem so sure," I said. Emma just stormed out of the house.

"There you go again, running away," I said loud enough for her to hear.

I know that I have somebody's number. I looked through my phone and found Blake's. He would help me out.

"Hello?" he answered.

"I have a favor to ask of you," I said.

"Bailyn?" he asked.

"Yes, Blake, now can you do something for me?" I asked.

"What is it?" he asked.

"You are probably missing Leah, am I right?" I asked.

"Yes, but what does that have to do with a favor?" he asked.

"Would you like to come and see her?" I asked.

"Of course I would," he said.

"Good, when can you get here?" I asked.

"I can get on a flight tomorrow," he said.

"Wonderful, now bring Devin with you. Emma really needs him," I said.

"How am I supposed to get him to go?" he asked.

"I don't know, think of a way. I seriously don't care, as long as you don't tell Emma that you are coming. She has no clue as to what I am up to. This is between you and me," I said.

"Okay, anything for you. I mean you did help me out when my mom wanted me to go back home," he said.

"Yes, I did and you are welcome for that. Thank you for helping me," I said.

"Alright, I will take care of getting Devin and I there. Can you pick us up at the airport?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"Alright, I will text you the details. See you tomorrow," he said before hanging up the phone.

Good, everything is falling into place. I wonder how Emma will react when both Devin and Embry are around. This will be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update, but I kind of had writers' block. It is also the end of the semester and my teachers are piling on the homework. I am officially done with my first semester next Tuesday so hopefully I will be able to write a little more often. Anyways, Tiffany and I would love it if you would comment because it actually helps us. Feedback would be nice, even if it is good or bad.
-Hailey