‹ Prequel: You Can Count on Me
Status: in the making c:

And She Will Be Loved

Say Hello to The Father

When we arrived home Paul was the first one into the house.

"We're back," he yelled. I smiled. Oh do I love him. I went inside with Blake and Devin following behind me. Blake had been here before, but not Devin and I wasn't going to show the ignorant asshole anything. The rest of the car ride was me trying not to make rude remarks toward Devin and Blake and Paul talking. Emma came down the stairs with Embry close behind. Carson was in her arms. As she reached the bottom of the steps she walked to me and gave me Carson and hugged Blake. They held tightly to each other and I smiled and then heard Aeryn crying.

"Mom," Aeryn yelled running into the room with tears running down her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked handing Carson to Paul and bending down to Aeryn's level.

"Sef hasn't showed up to see me yet and Awek and Andew said he isn't coming," she said bawling. I looked at Paul who shrugged before walking away to where the boys are.

"Seth is at school," I said, noticing Embry staring angrily at Devin. I almost laughed thinking that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t like the guy.

"Why does he have to go to school?" she asked.

"Because he wants to get smarter," I said.

"I tink he is smawt," she said.

"Oh, baby girl, you will understand one day when you are in school," I said.

"I not go to skool," she said.

"Yes you are," Seth said walking into the house.

"Sef," she yelled running to him. I noticed that Devin rubbed Emma’s arm and she broke away from Blake and went to Devin.

"Hey, Aery! How was your day?" he asked picking her up.

"Awek and Andew said you not come," she said repeating what she told me. Embry pushed past Emma and Devin and left the house. I feel for him, but he has to understand that the child isn’t his and that it needs its real father.

"I had school," he said.

"I not go to skool," she said.

"You will go to school," he said.

"No, I not," she said.

I laughed walking into the kitchen to find Sam, Emily, Paul and our sons all in there.

"Bay, where is Leah?" Blake asked.

"On patrol," Sam said. Blake knows about them being werewolves. Leah had asked Sam if she could tell him because she loved him and Sam eventually, with some persuasion on my part, let her tell him.

"She will be so happy to see you. I know she misses you," I said. It was true; even though they talk regularly Leah misses him being around. I would too if I was away from Paul for a couple years, only seeing him every now and again.

"I miss her too," he said. I smiled.

"Momma, who dis?" Arek asked.

"Arek, Andrew, this is Blake, he is Aunt Emma and Leah's friend," I said.

"Hi," Andrew said, waving frantically. My boys are one of a kind. I walked over to Paul and took Carson from him knowing she would want to be fed soon.

"We are having a bonfire tonight," Sam said.

"I almost forgot," I said. We have them once a week from April until November but never in the winter because of the snow.

"I miss those too," Blake said when all a sudden Leah ran into the kitchen and the two hugged and kissed. They are so perfect for each other. I love Blake like a brother and if he is happy then I am happy.

"Do I have to help cook?" I asked.

"We told everybody it was bring your own food sort of thing," Emily said.

"Oh, good, I don't want to make anything other than for my family. I need a nap," I said.

"Oh, baby you should go take one then," Paul said getting up and taking Carson from me.

"Andrew, Arek, do either one of you want to take a nap with mommy?" I asked hoping that they would. They looked rather tired.

"Yeah," they cheered running to me. I smiled and grabbed their hands and we were off to bed. As I was walking by one of the bedrooms I heard snoring and noticed Seth and Aeryn sleeping away and immediately had to take a picture of them. I smiled at my phone as I posted it on Facebook.

"Momma, we tired," Andrew whined. I smiled at him and we went to my room and all fell asleep.