‹ Prequel: You Can Count on Me
Status: in the making c:

And She Will Be Loved

Confiding

I was in the kitchen packing up some food for the bonfire tonight when Blake came into the kitchen. He looked extremely nervous and I knew that something was up.

"I need to talk to you," he said, sounding just as nervous as he looked.

"What is it, love," I said putting the sandwiches into the bag.

"It is about Emma," he said as he put his hand on the back of his neck.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Did you know that Embry came to visit her on tour?" he rushed.

"I did not know that. I know that he was all moody and everybody was worried about him," I said a little scared as to what he might tell me.

"Well, he came and we talked a little before he pursued Emma. Emma was dating Devin at that time, but that didn't stop Embry and Emma and Devin were going through a fight and hadn't really talked to each other, yet. She was very intoxicated and couldn't resist the temptation that her imprint was near. She and Embry had sex that night. I only know because I kind of walked in on them and they were going at it. I just turned around and left the room without them noticing, but I can't let her go and say that Devin is the father when he clearly is not," he said looking as though he just got a huge weight lifted off of his chest.

"So, you're telling me that the father of my soon to be niece or nephew isn't the guy who I despise, but Embry, the man who would be a wonderful father and who I love and trust?" I asked, trying to more understand what Blake is telling me.

"Yeah, I am positive. Emma told me she was four months pregnant and that would make the baby Embry's since her and Devin were broken up for that short amount of time," he said.

"Oh lordy, I have no idea what to say to that. Do you think Emma really thinks that the father is Devin or is she just hoping that he is? This information is going to kill Embry and as much as I hate to say it Devin, as well. I really shouldn't be the one in the middle of this," I said. If my sister weren't pregnant I would probably kill her right now. She has to stop leading these men on. She is clearly meant to be with Embry. I can tell because when he is around her the baby is calm, but if he isn't it goes crazy.

"I know, I am sorry about it, but I had to tell somebody. You are like my big sister and I can't keep this secret from you," he said with a heavy sigh.

"Well, then I appreciate that you told me. Can you answer my question?" I asked.

"No, I don't think that she knows who the father is and just wants it to be Devin, but in reality she hopes that it is Embry. She even told me that the baby is calm when Embry is around and won't sit still when Devin is. Like the baby is telling her who its father is, but she won't listen to it," he said.

"I don't know what to say anymore. I did notice how the baby goes crazy when Embry is not around because Emma reacts odd, but I didn't think it got worse when Devin was around," I said.

"I understand, but as I said, I needed to tell somebody and the only person who can actually hide it from Embry around here is you," he said. I sighed. This was true, Leah wouldn't try to tell him, but it would probably slip when they were patrolling or something. Our lives aren't easy, what-so-ever.

"Well, since you told me that you have to help me make supper for my family, which includes you, Emma, Aeryn, Arek, Andrew, Carson, Paul, and unfortunately Devin," I said, rolling my eyes at Devin, but that should be obvious because everybody knows that I don't like the guy.

"Do I have to?" he groaned.

"Yeah, otherwise I might just not make any food for you, or give it all to Paul, who will gladly eat it," I threatened trying to hide my smirk.

"Fine," he said. He then started helping me make sandwiches. All I could think about was Emma, Embry, and Devin and the poor baby who doesn't want to have to deal with a father who isn't his and how complicated Blake just made my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all, I am so sorry that we have not been updating as our lives have been quite hectic lately! Hopefully you all will stick with us.
--Hailey <3