Status: In Progress!

How I Met Your Father

Five

"Daddy? Did you go on the date with Lisa?" Jasper giggled. 

"I sure did. But, you know what, it wasn't as good as any of the ones I've been on with papa."

Alex flushed a deep shade of red. 

"Papa, I'm cold," Monique complained. Alex held her closer, pressing a kiss to her cheek. 

"More!" Jasper yelled.

"Yeah, daddy, more!"


13th September 2004

Kids, when you're older, you'll know what it feels like to love someone without knowing it. You might not even know them. You might know them, but have a burning hate for them. You just don't know. But, there will come a day when you know you're in love, and that day may be both the best and worst day of your life. 

Alex was awoken by the sound of his phone ringing. It was eleven in the morning, who'd ring at that time unless it was a girl? Checking caller ID, he found out it was Lisa. 

"Lisa?" he grumbled in a sleepy voice. 

"Alex, oh, gosh, I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Lisa panicked. 

"No, no it's fine," Alex sighed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 

"How are you? You seemed a little off yesterday."

"Yeah… I don't really do storms."

"Well, you better get used to them. They're going to be rolling in and out for the next couple of weeks."

"Great," Alex muttered, "Anyway, how'd your date with Jack go?"

"It wasn't a date! We're just good friends!"

"Lisa, come on. 'Good friends' means nothing."

"Fine. You mind if I tell you about it? I'd like to know what you think Jack was thinking."

"Sure," Alex mumbled. 

"So, he picked me up at half seven, so a little later than he said, but only because my parents wouldn't let me go out until the storm passed a little. When he did, we went straight to the cinema. Saw the film 'Me, Myself and Irene.' So funny. But, anyway, Jack was a gentleman and got my ticket, popcorn and everything…"

All Alex could hear was the thoughts in his own head, telling him how much he hated Lisa right at that second. Not only had she woken him from possibly the best dream he'd ever had, but she'd also started making Jack harder and harder to get to. Alex was convinced Jack was gay, bi at least, there was just something about him, in his eyes when he looked at girls, that glint wasn't the same as when he looked at the guys. 

Perhaps Alex was mistaken, since he was only speaking from experience. He was the one with an eye for the boys. 

"Alex? I asked you a question."

"What?"

"Do you think Jack likes me?"

There was a clap of thunder outside, and Alex jumped four foot in the air, scooting across his bed, pulling the covers up as far as he could. 

"Lisa, that's the last thing on my mind right now."

"Sorry, Alex, next time remind me to hit you in the vagina when you ignore me."

"Lisa, I'm sorry, I was a little preoccupied with the weather."

"I know, I'm just a little concerned. What if Jack doesn't like me?"

"I'm sure he does," Alex lied. 

"But if he doesn't?"

"Then he's missing out on a great girl."

"Alex Gaskarth, are you hitting on me?"

"You're not my type."

"What is your type?"

"You're the wrong sex for a start," he blurted out, covering his mouth straight after the words left it. 

"Alex, a-are you… gay?" Lisa asked. 

"I-I have to go-"

"Alex, just tell me, I won't be mad and I won't take the mick."

"Yes, Lisa, okay, I'm gay."

"Aw, Alex."

"Please, just don't tell anyone."

"I won't, I swear."

"Alex! Someone's at the door for you!" Isobel shouted up to her son. 

"Uh, they can come up here!" Alex yelled back, "Look, Lisa, I really have to go this time. I'll speak to you soon."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Alex hung up, throwing himself out of bed in an attempt to clothe himself before his guest got to his room, but he was too late. Jack wandered in just as he managed to do up his jeans, leaving his torso completely bare. 

"Jack," Alex smiled, flinching when a low rumble of thunder rang through his ears. 

"Hey, I thought you might be a little scared and lonely so I, uh, brought some video games," Jack murmured. 

Alex pulled a clean t-shirt on, placing his hand on the taller boy's shoulder. 

"Thank you. Make yourself at home… or comfortable, at least. I have to straighten out my bed."

"Do you have OCD or something, or are you secretly packing a vagina and your boobs never developed."

"OCD, get your head out of your ass, Jack," Alex chuckled, allowing Jack to sit on the sofa at the end of his bed. Alex walked out of his room to drop his clothes into the laundry basket, shaking his head. 

Jack was definite boyfriend material. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter up! I'll add commenters tomorrow… I'm really tired. Last of my exams today though, woo! Hopefully I passed.

Anyway, comments are always nice <3 xo


skyrimjob
Death-by-Hair-Dye
c4rleyecho <3 Thank you xoxo


Special shoutout to sanneatlninja, one of our most loyal readers. Bless your soul <3