Status: Working on it!

Up on the ridge

Chapter Two

Chapter 2
Brandi

Lily has been my friend for 3 years, we’ve only been close for about a year though. I look up to her as my older sister, even though I doubt that she looks at me like a younger sibling. We’ve been through a lot together and I’d hate to lose her. That’s why, with her moving, I am taking it so hard. I don’t know what I will do without her.
“Hey, what are you zoning off about?” Lily teased looking at me from the driver’s seat. I just shook my head and turned up the music, she would probably just say I’m being too much of a girl.
“No, I mean it. You okay kid?” She said turning it back down.
“I don’t want you to go, you’re my best friend.” As soon as I said it she stared straight at the road, going a little faster than she had been earlier.
“You worry too much, you know that? It isn’t any good for you to worry like that. It ain’t like I’ll never see you again.” She laughed. Typical Lily, hiding her feelings and making everyone else feel better. Too bad I knew deep on the inside it was killing her to leave.
“You’re right, next year you’re going to be a senior!” I said enthusiastically.
“Fuckin right there bud!” She said. “I can’t wait, it’s about time I get out of this place. I hate it here.” She paused for a second. “No offence.”
“None taken, I hate it here too.” I sighed as we pulled up to my house.
“Well, this is your stop kid. I’ll talk to you later okay?”
“Okay, be careful.” I said watching her drive off. I always say it, but I doubt that she ever listens. But it’s okay because, she’s Lilianna Belle. That means she is invincible.
“Brandi? Brandi, is that you? Why is my house shaking? What is that noise?” My mother yelled from inside.
“It’s me, mom. And that’s just Lily’s truck.” I sighed. I heard the trainhorn off in the distance and smiled, I’m going to miss hearing that this summer.
“You look lost, come on you need better friends… Ones that are quieter.” She said as I walked inside with her. “I’ve got a surprise for you, why don’t you go in your room and see it.”
“Mom, I’m busy.” I sighed. I swear, this woman is crazy.
I threw my purse and bookbag down on my bed before falling on it and sprawling. I am sad that I have school tomorrow and that it is only Thursday, I am in the mood to sleep the weekend away.
“MOM!” I shrieked as something moved from under my bed.
“What Brandi?” She said as she came running in.
“There is something under my bed!” I yelled pointing at the end of my bed, once again I heard the movement and a low growl.
“You’ll be fine.” She said before leaving.
“MOM! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I HOPE I DON’T DIE IN HERE, THEN!” I Shrieked before slowly creeping to the end of my bed. I heard more russling and a smaller growling sound, so I grabbed a curtain rod and got ready for whatever was under my bed.
“SURPRISE!” My mother yelled just as a small puppy jumped out at me.
“Oh my god. Mom, Why could you not just have told me that you got me a puppy instead of scaring me half to death with it?”
“Oh Brandi, just shut up and enjoy him. He’s your puppy so you take good care of him okay?” She laughed.
“What is his name?” I asked as I picked him up. He was a small grey and white dog with baby blue eyes. He was a pure bred Husky.
“I don’t know Brandi, what is his name?” She asked before leaving once again.
“What is your name buddy? Huh? What do you want me to call you?” I cooed putting his face in mine, I could tell that me and this dog were going to be very close. I think I just found my new baby.
I decided on the name Diesel, he liked it just as much as I did because when I called him that he would wag his tail. Did I mention how cute this puppy was and how much I loved him already?
Maybe this summer won’t be so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it is coming off slow at first. I'm trying to get you to get a feel for the characters and build them up before I just tell you the story. Please comment so I know I'm not wasting my time posing these chapters, Thanks!! ♥