Status: Updating as often as possibly possible. Taking a short ass break at the moment though.

Let's Get This Party Started

Chapter Five

I woke up hearing quiet movement in the kitchen. I propped myself up on my elbows and squinted my eyes against the light coming through the doorway. I leaned to my right a little to try and get a better view of who was up at this hour. It was still pretty dark out from the looks of it. Uncle Micky walked out holding a cup of coffee. He was wearing old jeans and a stained red T-shirt.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

I yawned. "I actually have no idea why I woke up... I guess you could have... But it's okay." Another yawn. "Where are you going?"

"Work."

"On a Sunday?"

"Not usually, but they needed a fill in. Some guy just quit and we're running short as it is so the boss called me in last night."

"Still at Starrett's?"

"Yeah. Well I gotta run kiddo I'll be back around 3ish." And he quietly walked out the front door with his coffee.

I fell back onto my pillow and closed my eyes. Then I re-opened them and looked to my right. Jorel was snoring softly on the air mattress just a couple feet away. I moved my gaze up the wall behind him to see what time it was. 5:30am. Damn screw this. I'm going back to bed.

- - - - - -

I woke up a few hours later and just layed there, staring up at the ceiling. It was about nine in the morning before I decided to get up and make myself a pot of coffee. Jorel was still asleep on the air mattress.

Once my coffee began to brew I yawned and walked out of the kitchen, stretching, and stood there for a moment, not sure what to do with myself. I decided to walk down the hallway to the bathroom and get dressed for the day. I'd probably go see Kiley later to calm her nerves. She still didn't know where I was.

About 30 minutes later I was sitting at the kitchen table with a large cup of dark coffee when my phone began to vibrate. I was just kind of spacing out when it happened, so I jumped a little at the sudden noise of the vibration on the table. I sipped my coffee then answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered quietly so I wouldn't wake Jorel.

"Tia Marie Jarrette. Where the FUCK are you?"

I gulped nervously. "I, uh. ...um... I can't tell you that Mum."

"You listen here you little piece of --" I hung up the phone. Tears began to run down my cheeks. I picked up my phone again and texted Kiley telling her to meet me behind the high school asap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long I know I said I was just taking a short break. But a lot of stuff has been going on and also I've had some major writers block. I have no idea how soon the next chapter will be up now because school has started. So thank you to those who have hung in there and are still reading. you each get a cookie.

TJ's Pajamas
TJ's Outfit