Status: Inactive until further notice.

Heal All Her Wounds

The stomach acid finds a new way to make you sick

Ithil lies in bed feeling absolutely terrible. Not only did Mother Nature give her a painful stab in the uterus, but she woke up sometime between two and five in the morning to relieve her stomach of its contents. This wasn’t from her catching the flu or having food poisoning, but from fear and paranoia building up in her body during the night time and the nightmare that had scared her enough to make her physically ill.

Jane let the extremely shaky girl stay home, which Ithil was absolutely thankful for. She felt the need for extra sleep, but her fears of the nightmare coming back scared her from falling back to sleep. She honestly would love to have Matt’s company during this time, but she knew that he was at school and wouldn’t just leave to keep her company. Ithil began to wonder what Matt did whenever Rachael got sick. Sure Abbey had told her that he’s not the romantic type, but he seemed like he was when he was with her…or it was just her imagination.

Sighing, Ithil turns her head towards her phone that buzzes on top of her nightstand. She lazily grabs the phone and slides it open to see a message from Matt:

From Matt Gibson:
Hey, are you doing okay? You didn’t come to class today.


Ithil smiles at Matt’s concern and replies:

To Matt Gibson:
I’m sick, so I didn’t come to school today.


To Ithil’s surprise, he had texted back within seconds telling her to get better soon and that he’ll bring over her assignments. This flattered her because she wasn’t expecting him to even nominate himself to make sure that she would receive her assignments so she didn’t have to make them up.

Matt remembered their talk on the worn floor two days about how they both hated missing school because they hated having to make up the missing assignments. He always forgot to get them from his teachers, and Ithil was the same way; Matt just wanted his sick friend’s life to be a little easier and decided to take on the responsibility to deliver her the homework that she wouldn’t get until the next day. He, however, didn’t do this for everyone. Honestly, this is his first time ever getting homework for anyone when they’re gone; usually, he doesn’t even offer to do it.

Ithil believes it’s just a considerate gesture and informs Matt of her schedule, excluding first period since they have it together. Even though Matt was a senior, he didn’t know where every teacher was and had to ask her which classroom.

The sick girl doesn’t mind though and is happy to supply Matt with the class numbers; heck, she’s just happy that he’s willing to go out of his way to get her assignments. It was really making her day after her body and Mother Nature had betrayed her.

From Matt Gibson:
Okay well I’ll be over after school.


To Matt Gibson:
Thanks, Matty. You really didn’t have to do this, but I really appreciate it. Now I won’t be behind. :D


From Matt Gibson:
No problem :)


And with that, their conversation ended. Ithil didn’t want to bother Matt while he was in school and Matt didn’t know what else to talk about. He doesn’t mind texting during class even though he doesn’t do it often, and was actually waiting for her reply. By the end of second period though, he figured that she won’t be texting him until school is over.

While Matt was at school and retrieving Ithil’s homework, Ithil got out of bed and began focusing on more important matters: leveling up her blood elf in World of Warcraft. Before she was able to enter the Canadian school system as a student, she had to claim her residency in the country for six months before being able to be granted citizenship—she went with the dual citizenship because she knew that she eventually had to go back to “reconnect with her family” as Jane had told her—and during that time, she was homeschooled allowing her a lot of free time which she dedicated to World of Warcraft, making digital art tutorials, and drawing.

Once Ithil reached level thirty from level twenty-eight, Ithil was done for the day. She got easily bored after a while of sitting on the computer and was also beginning to get very hungry.

“I wonder what we have to eat.” Ithil says while getting out of her chair and walking to the door.

As she opens the door, she hears the doorbell ring and stops. She didn’t like answering doors when she was home alone, so decides to slowly walk down the stairs and hoping that the blinds on the windows by the front door were closed. Sadly, the blinds were left open and the UPS man had seen the girl.

“Fuck.” Ithil thinks to herself as she walks down the stairs. “Please let it not be a package for me.”

Taking a deep breath, Ithil’s hands shakes as she unlocks the deadbolt and places her hand on the door knob. She opens the door and looks at the patient UPS driver with greying hair before saying, “Yes?”

“I have a package for Ithil Winters that needs to be signed off.” The man said while handing her the flimsy package and the clipboard.

“Fuck, now he’ll definitely know that I’m home,” Ithil thinks while replying with an “Okay” and autographs the signature line with her scribble of letters.

“Have a nice day.” The deliverer says before turning around to his brown truck. Ithil quickly repeats the deliverer and takes the package inside while looking to see if it has a return address: it was the only thing that was stopping her from putting it back outside or opening it.

“Oh, my wig came in.” Ithil says in relief realizing that it was her Tifa wig for Halloween. She closes the door and locks the deadbolt before walking into the kitchen to grab something to eat. Having her wig for her Tifa Lockhart cosplay made her excited and made her feel as if she needed to start working on the costume.

Grabbing the pizza Lunchable from the fridge that was meant for her to take to school today, she excitedly runs upstairs to begin her progress on her cosplay as well as get used to the new wig. It wasn’t her first time wearing a wig, since she had a wig for Saukura Haruno from Naruto and a wig for Naomi Misora from Death Note. Ithil was made fun of for “dressing up like one of those nerdy freaks” when she lived in Florida, but for some reason she feels like she may be more accepted here.

“This will be amazing!” Ithil says happily while throwing her Lunchable on the bed and putting her hair up in a messy pony tail.

**


Matt began to walk towards Ithil’s math class, fibbing his way out of leaving his six period five minutes early, when he sees Randy walking out of the bathroom.

“Well I’m sure he’s sad that Ithil isn’t here.” Matt thinks to himself while laughing a little thinking about yesterday when she had accused the bully of liking her and “freaks” like her.

“Faggot!” Randy yells at Matt while he walks by. Matt just ignores the comment and focuses on his goal of finding the familiar math class. He had Mrs. Long as well and he almost failed her class. Matt was never one that liked math, which was another thing he had in common with Ithil; however, they both found it kind of ironic that they enjoyed science because some math is incorporated in science.

Finding the classroom he swore he would never return to once he was done with it, he looks through the window and sees that the assignment is written on the board.

“Perfect.” Matt says quietly while pulling out his notebook from his backpack. He quickly writes down the assignment and puts the notebook back in his bag before the bell rings. “Time to meet up with Rachael.”

While he walks to Rachael, he manages to text Ithil to inform her that he’ll be over in fifteen minutes.

Ithil, having been working on her costume for the last four hours, manages to get three-fourths of the costume done before hearing her phone vibrate on the nightstand. She figured it was Matt telling her that he was coming over when she saw the time on her clock.

From Matt Gibson:
Hey, I’ll be over at your house in 15 minutes or so.


To Matt Gibson:
Okay, just text me when you’re in my driveway.


Ithil was so close to being done with her costume, she wanted to show the costume off to Matt when he got to her house.

Sitting back on the floor with her phone next to her, she continues to sew the pieces of the shorts that are supposed to go down just above her knees. She hopes that it won’t be too cold on Halloween, but after living in Florida for so long, anything under fifty degrees was cold to her.

She scratches her head, feeling that the wig is starting to itch her scalp and sighs when her phone buzzes on the floor next to her. Ithil is disappointed that she wasn’t able to finish her outfit before Matt got there, but then she began to think that it is best to surprise him.

Getting up from her seat, she begins to take off her wig and hears the sound of the doorbell. Her hair is messy from staying under the wig and wig cap for a long time, but she doesn’t fix it. She figured that there was no need to impress Matt since he’s seen her without makeup and contacts on before.

Matt waits patiently at the door, and looks at the road while he waited for the sick girl. While waiting, he notices Jane’s car driving up the road.

Ithil opens the door and sees Matt looking at the road. “Hey Matt.”

“Oh, hey Ithil,” Matt says while looking at the messy haired girl only wearing a black spaghetti strap tank top and plaid shorts. Her hair was a mess on top of her head with her orange hair mixed in the black, her spaghetti strap was slowly sliding off of her right shoulder, and her plaid shorts reminded him of a pair of boxers he owns; and he thought it all looked attractive…like it was a turn on.

“So, I hope it’s not a lot of work.” Ithil says, noticing that the boy is just staring at her for a couple seconds.

“Oh, not really.” Matt says not realizing that he had blanked out and gets his backpack to one shoulder, opening it up. Jane pulls into the driveway as Matt pulls out the notebook and opens it up to the paper where he wrote all of the assignments.

“Hello, Matt, what are you doing here?” Jane asks with a smile as she gets out of her car.

“Oh, he’s just dropping off my assignments that are due tomorrow.” Ithil answers for the boy as he tears out the paper and hands it to her, “Thanks.”

“No problem,” he closes his notebook quickly and begins to put it in his backpack; “I’ll see you tomorrow, Ithil.” Matt says while waving good-bye to the girl he was starting to grow a hard on for and saying a quick “good-bye” to the woman walking towards the front door before speeding off.

He mentally began to repeatedly say “fuck” in his head, not wanting to have a hard on. He began to think of turn offs, not wanting to become aroused by anyone but his girlfriend. Matt began to feel terrible for having feelings for Ithil while he’s dating Rachael, but he just decided that it’s something he can’t control.

“It’s just hormones.” Matt says to himself he finds himself twenty feet away from the house.

“See ya tomorrow, Matt!” Ithil yells after him while waving, noticing that he looks like he’s going to sprint from her house.

“Well, I see you’re feeling better. I’m glad you are.” Jane says with a smile while walking passed her.

“Yeah, I’m feeling a lot better than this morning.” Ithil says while folding the paper and closing the door behind them.

“Well, that’s good to hear.” Jane says with an obvious smile on her face. It was a bigger and brighter smile than usual and Ithil was wondering what was going through her guardian’s head.

“Why are you smiling like that?” Ithil asks while pulling up the falling strap on top of her shoulder.

“Matt likes you. He wouldn’t have done that if he didn’t like you.” Jane says in a teasing tone. Ithil rolls her eyes at the older woman’s comment.

“Whatever, I’m gonna go do my homework.” Ithil says while holding up the paper and turning around.

“He’s just being a good friend.” Ithil thinks to herself as she runs upstairs to her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is an extremely short filler. Thank you for reading it though :) I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Can you smell the drama that will be coming soon?
Comments and criticisms are appreciated; subscribe if you like it and I'll try to update as quickly as possible.

Title credit: "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" by Panic! At The Disco