The Hour After

The Hour After

I watched yet again as the eyes of the love of my life slipped shut. The color drained from his face. His staggered breaths ceased. He was at peace once again, but I was not.

As we pass from life to life we are supposed to forget all of the memories we had gained over the course of our life, but I could never forget him. His sweet way of thinking, the care he showed to those he loved, his generosity towards the people around him even if it meant he had to go without. He was unforgettable.

I have watched him pass from each life never once telling him my true feelings towards him. He never knew that he meant more to me than just my best and closest friend. He never knew that as soon as he was done with his life that I quickly brought mine to an end so we could find each other in the next. I’m not entirely sure if he remembered me the same way I remembered him, but we still always found the other. Surely that’s a sign that we were meant to be.

I stood up and took one last look at the body he took on in this life. I brushed the stray hairs away from his closed eyes and kissed his sweet lips. I doubt I would ever find the courage I need to do that when he wasn’t dead. I walked out the door and began contemplating my suicide. He was finished with this life, and soon I would be as well.

I would follow him to the ends of the earth and back. I couldn’t, nor did I want to, live without him. I have loved him for as long as I can remember. I have loved him for a thousand years, and I will love him for a thousand more.

I’m one step closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. :)