Status: On going.

Crossbow Hearts

We Need Help

~Jamie~
I was sat in the guard tower trying to think of how to get us out of this mess. I had stored a few bits of food and a water canteen up here just in case, but it wouldn’t last all that long.
“We’ll get out of here Jamie, don’t you worry. We’ll get back to those kids and my brother will show up.” I had to smile. He was worrying more than me and he hadn’t called Daryl a fag either.
“I know Merle, I know.” Then I heard a car, I looked over the railings to see it fish tailing into the exorcise yard and then crash into the wall. Moments later people were running forward dodging walkers. I pulled up my CheyTac and looked through the scope. They were back! They were alive. But in running for who turned out to be Glenn in the car they hadn’t covered their backs and Daryl walked into a group of walkers. With Merle breathing down my neck I started popping off rounds. The back of the prison van opened Dale and Andrea motioned them in, they had to have a radio on them. I quickly snatched it up my emotions getting the best of me.
“Daryl! Oh god is he ok?”
"Jamie, everyone's alright. Don't worry. But what happened?" I didn’t want to speak to Rick. I wanted to hear Daryl and hear for myself that he was ok. But I pushed that aside.
“Tyreese went to see if he could see you. He came back, but there were too many damn walkers. We tried to get the gates closed, but we got swamped. I’ve scouted the walkers I think everyone got back inside cept me and Merle and Dale and Andrea.”
“How long?”
“Bout 5 hours. You came back just in time. We all got separated.”
“Right, well we need to start getting things cleared up. We’ll drive this van over to the prison get those that can shoot out, Andrea will take the guard tower opposite you and the two of you can take the walkers out from above, while we take’em out from the ground.”
“Ok got it.” I looked at Merle who huffed. “What? I haven’t got another rifle and I’m a better shot than you.”
“Fine, I’ll sit and twiddle my thumbs.”
“Sure thing buttercup.” I smirked liking my new name for Merle. He wasn’t impressed and gave me the finger. An hour later we’d cleaned house, they closed the gates or at least the first set so that no more could get in and we could concentrate on the inside. Then Andrea and I from our posts picked off groups at a time to make it easier for the others, but we’d need more ammo soon at least for my CheyTac. Once we all gave the all clear I was down the hatch sliding down the ladder and to the ground below, my knees buckling slightly at the impact, but I didn’t care. And I didn’t care that Daryl more than likely wouldn’t appreciate me throwing myself at him. But I was scared for him and missed him. I ran and threw myself at him he caught me as if he expected me to do it and I clung to him before kissing him. Then I pulled back and shoved him.
“Do you have any idea how fucking scared I was?” Before he could answer I pulled him to me and kissed him forcefully and sighing contentedly as I pulled away. But he held on a little longer and squeezed me as if thankful I was here and alive.
“Where’s Caleb?” He asked as if blowing off what I had sad, but there was a tightness to his voice, I would find out what happened to them later.
“In side with Lori and the other’s. You go in to see him, he missed you. I’ll help clear up here.” He nodded and kissed my cheek before walking off inside. As I started to help the new guy Martinez shift bodies Rick came over.
“Jamie a word?” I nodded and Axel came and took over. “Jamie I still don’t get what happened. Why the hell did Tyreese come looking for us?”
“Look Rick it wasn’t my idea, I was against it, but I was out voted. Everyone else wanted to know where you were. I did to, but not at the cost of risking Tyreese.” And his shoulders slumped it was almost as if he was spoiling for a fight. “Rick what happened to your hand? What happened to you out there?”
“It was late, we decided to carry on as someone had beaten us to the crash. They had to be closer, we ended up in Woodbury,”
“Woodbury?! Rick I told you not to go there ever! Spark and Thorn had told us about the folk that live there!” I couldn’t believe it. Daryl new about it both Merle and I had told mentioned it to him. But then I wondered if that was the cause of Daryl’s behaviour if something had happened to him.
“Yeah well I may have forgotten about it…Look, Michonne…she had it rough to say the least there, and well she went and got some revenge, but he might still be alive and if the Governor’s guards are anything like him, they’ll come here Jamie. And it won’t be pretty. They won’t care there are kids here. They’ll try and kill us all. It was the Governor that took my hand in a show of power and to try and get us to talk. He won’t stop till we’re all dead.” My blood ran cold. Caleb would be in danger bit just Caleb, but Carl and Susie, the twins and Beth.
“No. It won’t get that far. I’ll take Merle. He’ll know where the Raiders are. We can bring’em here, they can help us. And that prick so much as pisses in this direction I’ll put a bullet between his eyes.” I growled and Rick took a step back.
“Jamie I don’t know if that’s a good idea, they could b looking everywhere for us, we should stay,” I cut him off with a look.
“No…People I care about are here, there are children here and some power hungry psychopath is not going to come along and kill us all. I’ll take Merle or he can tell me where to find the Raider’s then I will bring them back here and we will have a small army to take on their people with. No one else dies Rick. No one, I won’t allow it.” I turned on my heel and went inside, grabbing my bag from my cell, I started putting things in I’d need.
“Jamie…where you going?” I turned seeing Caleb. How did I tell him without scaring him?
“I’m going to look for the people that Merle was with Caleb.”
“Oh so they coming to live with us?” He asked smiling up at me.
“Yeah…something like that.” I smiled back. “You need to be good for Daryl, Lori and the other’s while I’m gone, but especially Daryl.” I knew he’d keep Caleb safe, if this Governor got here before we found the Raiders.
“I will Jamie.” He smiled and took off when Carl shouted him. I went to the armoury grabbing ammo for my guns and then to the kitchen to take some provisions, I packed another bag for Merle, if he wasn’t coming then I’d leave it.
“Merle!” I shouted as walked out into the exorcise yard.
“What’s up sugar tits?” I just looked at him. “Jamie?”
“I need you to take me to the Raiders or tell me where they are.” I said aware that Axel was edging away slowly.
“Why Jamie? They won’t live here, they just want to wander.”
“Because we may just have a fight on our hands and we won’t come out on top unless we have back up.” He looked at me long and hard and decided.
“Ok, that bag mine?” I nodded. “Ok then when officer friendly gets back from hunting down Martinez, we’ll go.”
“What?”
“Martinez, he ran off, turns out he just wanted our location.” I saw that the prison bus was missing.
“Should have known that.”
“Yeah well he was good took out some of his own men. Let’s get packed up.” I nodded and moved off deciding to take the bike, it would be faster and anywhere the Raiders were the walkers would be dead.
“Jamie what the hell are you doing?” I didn’t turn to look at him. “Jamie you are not going out there.”
“Oh really? I think you’ll find I am. That ass is not going to walk all over us. I won’t sit by while he gets his men together and comes to kill us all.”
“And what if he catches you? I don’t want what happened to Michonne to happen to you. I couldn’t…” My thoughts on what had happened to them had been confirmed, Michonne was badly beaten, but now I was guessing violently raped. I wrapped my arms round his waist.
“I won’t Daryl. And do you think Merle would let anything happen to me?” He shook his head and held me closer.
“Let me come with you.”
“No someone needs to stay with Caleb. And out of everyone here, I trust you and your capabilities more than anyone else to do that.” I could tell he didn’t want to, that he wanted to come with me, but knew that I wouldn’t let him.
“OK, but you come back and bring my worthless brother with you.” I nodded kissing him as Rick rolled back in with the prison bus. The front of it was covered in blood and Rick got out looking almost defeated, it really was a look that didn’t suit him.
“What happened?” Tyreese asked.
“I ran him down, he admitted he was going to lead the Governor back here and said that they just wanted to live peacefully.” Glenn scoffed at Rick’s words.
“Bullshit. Look Rick we’re heading out, we have a radio. We’ll go try and get them to come with us and then come back as quick as we can.” I said as Merle came over.
“Couple of days at the most they won’t be that far from here.” Merle nodded to Daryl who nodded back. Then Rick offered his hand to Merle. I knew Merle found it funny that Rick had now lost his hand too. But surprisingly he took it. I locked eyes with Daryl, I knew he wouldn’t want me to be affectionate in front of everyone so I didn’t.
“You both be careful. Come back safe.” Rick said, he shook my hand and so did Tyreese and Axel. Caleb came running out and jumped at me. I hugged him tight and put him down. Caleb followed Merle to the gates with everyone as Daryl followed me to the bike. He pulled me to him and kissed my temple.
“You come back you crazy bitch, you hear me?” I smiled and kissed his cheek.
“Don’t worry I will.” I smiled climbing on. At the gate Merle clambered on behind me. I ruffled Caleb’s hair, then looked up at Daryl one last time before driving out the gates and turning left as Merle directed. I could only hope that The Raiders would help us.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry you had to wait ages for this! Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for the reviews :D