Status: On going.

Crossbow Hearts

Crazy Ass Bitch

I had yet to see Daryl. I had been told he’d made camp on the opposite side of the farm, but not why. And if I was honest he intimidated me a little. But when I saw him making his way in front of Hershel’s house I made a bee line for him
“Hey um…Daryl.” The tall lean scruffy looking, sandy haired man stopped and looked at me. Just looked at me, I couldn’t tell what he was thinking hell I couldn’t even tell if he was hostile towards me still.
“What do you want?” He asked his blue orbs never shifting from me.
“I just wanted to say thank you for saving me last night.” I smiled softly.
“Wouldn’t have had to do shit if you hadn’t have run off and left that kid all on his god damn own. What the hell were you thinking?” He snapped. I hated to be judged and I couldn’t stop my blood boiling.
“Well I am sorry if my past fucking experiences with groups and there raping murderous ways means I have damn trust issues!” I turned away and started to march.
“What did you say?” I turned back round to see something different in his eyes and I realised what I had implied.
“Nothing, forget I said shit.” I carried on walking. Why the fuck did I open my damn mouth? I had always been a bad tempered little shit, but I shouldn’t have said anything. Should have kept my cool why did it matter what he thought of me? I didn’t know him and quite frankly I didn’t want to get to know him either. I sighed slumping down in the grass I needed to decide whether to stay with this group or not. I got on with pretty much everyone except Daryl, Shane was just plain weird and I got the impression Andrea was cold with pretty much everyone. But did I want to get attached to a group? Did I want to care about what happened to so many other people and try to protect them when I had enough trouble trying to keep me and Caleb alive?
“JAMIE!” I was up like lightning running to where I heard Caleb scream. As I ran down to the barn Shane walked round roughly dragging Caleb by his arm and he had Caleb’s knife in his other hand. Caleb was in floods of tears. And that was all it took. I saw red. I ran towards Shane yanking Caleb free and punched Shane flooring him. I straddled his waist and punched him again. I heard the others coming and started to calm down, but Shane took this chance to flip us over. He pinned my arms above my head as I bucked against him. My heart leapt in to my throat at how familiar this was. And like the time before I struggled for all I was worth. He moved a little and I kneed him hard, he rolled away from me clutching his man hood. I was quickly on my feet, but two strong arms wrapped around my waist pulling me back.
“What the hell is going on?” Rick shouted glaring at Shane as he arrived.
“Relax girl, ain’t no one going to hurt you.” It was Daryl that had grabbed me. I took slow steady breaths and he released his hold on me. The second he did Caleb threw himself at me. I picked him up and held him tight.
“I don’t like it Jamie, you said it wouldn’t happen again.” He sobbed into my shoulder. I held him tighter.
“I’m sorry Caleb.” Was all I could tell him as I stroked his hair trying to sooth his little sobs.
“The fucking kid was back here messing with a fucking knife. I tried to take it he wouldn’t let me have it. I cuffed him round the head and took it. He screamed blue murder then she comes out of nowhere and punches me in the fucking face.”
“You hit him?” I snarled.
“The kid was playing with a fucking knife! He kicked me in the damn shin when I tried to take it!” Shane shouted back coming towards me.
“Caleb sweetheart,” I put him down crouching in front of him I wiped his eyes and flattened out his dirty blonde hair. “Big boys don’t cry you know that.” He sniffled and coughed taking in a deep breath. “Now tell me what happened.”
“I was cleaning my knife like you showed me. Then he,” He pointed at Shane. “came round and tried to take it from me. He shouted and so I kicked him trying to run away. But he grabbed my arm.” He pulled him the sleeve of his t-shirt showing red marks on his arm from where Shane had grabbed him. “Then he smacked my head and took my knife. So I shouted you.” I stared at him for a moment and stood up.
“Well you going to say anything about him messing with a knife?” Shane snapped.
“No I am fucking not! He knows what to do with it and he knows it needs to be cleaned daily and sharpened.”
“God sake she is crazy!”
“You’re right I am! Crazy that I thought for a second I could subject ourselves to another group!” I held my arms open for Caleb and picked him.
“Jamie now wait a minute, it was all a misunderstanding.” Rick tried.
“So if I had tried to take Carls weapon and slapped him when he didn’t you’d all be so damn civil with me?” No one would look at me. “That’s what I thought.” I carried Caleb to the tent we had shared and grabbed the few things I had left inside as I came out Carl was stood with Caleb.
“Um Jamie do you really have to leave?” Carl asked. I smiled at him.
“I think it’s for the best Carl. Caleb you ready to go?” Before he could answer me Dale came over.
“Jamie I understand what happened, but I would like you to reconsider staying. Shane is a volatile individual and what he did to Caleb was wrong, but I think you have a place with us here. You shouldn’t let him push you out. You would be safe here more so than on your own, think about how Daryl had to save you. If you leave there won’t be anyone to help you again.” He struck a nerve with that.
“Jamie could die?” Caleb asked worry colouring his voice. And for once I couldn’t assure him otherwise not with how close it was last night. I bawled my fists and un-bawled them, Dale was right I couldn’t protect Caleb on my own.
“Fine we’ll stay, but anymore bullshit especially from Shane and we’re gone.”
“Ok this is good. And Jamie I think I have a spare tent for you and Caleb to use.” He smiled.
“Thank you Dale that is kind of you.” I smiled though it was somewhat strained.
“Jamie can me and Carl go play?”
“Yes, but stay away from Shane.” He nodded and they ran off.
“Jamie could I ask you to come bring some dinner to the young man in the barn?” I knew he was only asking so I had something to do to take my mind off Shane.
“Erm sure I can do that Dale.” I followed him into the house.
Andrea who was now standing guard outside the barn insisted I relinquish all my weapons before entering the barn with Dale. I sighed handing her my knife and gun then followed Dale inside. A young man was cuffed to the wall and blind folded. During my time in the army I had witnessed torture and this man had definitely been tortured for information. My money was on Shane as the sick fuck would have enjoyed it. I kind of felt sorry for the guy, he looked so young probably not even twenty yet.
“Randal, I’ve come to give you some food.” Dale told him soothingly so he didn’t panic, the name Randal struck a chord with me, but I didn’t know why. That was until Dale pulled off his blind fold. It was much like with Shane I saw red, but this time I was stopped before I could do harm.
“Get off me.” I said deathly quiet. The grip tightened on my arms.
“No outside now.” Daryl said back calmly. He frog marched me out and away from the barn.
“Take your hands off me now.” I growled.
“Fine, crazy bitch. You got a damn screw loose trying to start fights with everyone.” He scowled at me.
“Shane deserved what he got and more and I should have killed that little prick the first time I laid eyes on him.” My jaw clenched and I pinched my brow. I needed to be calm, anger would get me nowhere fast.
“He part of that group you were with?” Daryl asked eyeing me curiously the scowl still in place. Why did he have to pay attention to me? I didn’t want to talk about that, but I nodded. “He do something to you?” He acted indifferently as if to say it didn’t bother him whether I told him or not.
“No.” I said quietly. If it had of been him he would be dead before the thought had finished forming in his head.
“But someone…So that group is as dangerous as Shane thinks.” I was thankful he didn’t push the subject further. And hadn’t asked if I had been…raped.
“Definitely,”
“How many in the group?”
“About 30 while I was with them.” A twisted smile crept on to my face. “After about 25 not including myself and Caleb in their numbers.” I took down a few of them as I fled, but only the ones that tried to stop me.
“So I guess we’re up shit creek. We don’t have hardly any ammo or,” Daryl started.
“Well I guess if I’m a try to stay I might as well share.” I walked off to my truck Daryl following behind me. I pulled down the tail gate of my tuck and slid out a large duffle bag. I opened it up revealing a bag full of ammo. Then I pulled out a second bag that had a several guns in, an assault rifle, a shotgun, an Uzi and a couple of hand guns. Daryl suddenly zipped them up and pushed them further into the bed of my truck and grabbed the tool box I had in there.
“Daryl what are,” I didn’t finish as he stomped on my foot.
“I’m sure Dale could do with some of these tools.” He said slamming the tail gate shut. I looked at him puzzled until I saw Shane making his way towards us.
“What do you want? Round 2?” I snapped glaring at him.
“You know what fuck you. I came to apologise, but you can just get lost crazy ass bitch.” He snarled walking off. Who knew that was the last I’d see of him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you're liking it so far do R&R it motivates me to write more and sooner :D