Someday You Will Be Loved

I

"Are you sure you don't have a boyfriend and you're hiding him from us?" My mum asked as she picked out a dress from the rack. It was our second mother-daughter day and we spent it shopping. Two months ago, my mother insisted that we had a mother-daughter day at least once every month seeing as we rarely see each other because of my new job.

First things first, I'm Giulia Versucci and I'm twenty one years old and I don't have a boyfriend. Why? I don't want one. Why? My job won't let me have one. Well, not that my job demands not to have a boyfriend, it's more like my job won't let spend time with one if I do get one. It wasn't the job I had in mind but I'm not complaining because the pay is good. Scratch that, the pay is awesome.

Image

I originally applied to work in BioRecords as a personal assistant to the CEO. Yes, it was a long shot but why not try it. I was in my final year as an economics major at Northwestern. I knew the job was in England and I wanted it there because I needed a change of environment.

A month later, I got a call that said I had gotten an interview. At first, I thought it was a prank but it proved to be real and I was invited for an interview with Simon Cowell himself plus my plane tickets were already paid for. Then I thought that I had landed my dream job. It later proved to be quite the opposite but we're getting there.

I got to England a week later and was taken to the company by an official car, it all seemed surreal to me. I got into the building which had an extremely modern feel to it with a bit of victorian architecture to it. I walked up to the reception desk and smiled at the male who was sitting behind it, chatting away through his headset. He looked like something out of a GQ/Abercombie and Fitch magazine. Why was I callled again? He looked up at me and smiled as he said goodbye to the person on the other side of the line. He stood up and smiled, "'ello miss, what can I help you with?"

I cleared my throat, "Um yes, I have an interview with Simon Cowell." I said with an unsure voice.

He nodded and did his thing on the massive Apple desktop then looked up at me, "What time is the appointment?"

"Uh, two o'clock." I said crosschecking with my phone.

He smiled, "Giulia Versucci, right?" I smiled and nodded. "OK, you're right on time, that'll get your name in his good book. Well, go up to the seventh floor and you'll know your way from there. Good luck."

I felt very confident after what he said so I went in the direction I was told. I was directed to sit down by a lady and told to wait five minutes. I nodded and did I was told. I hope I was dressed appropriately. After about six minutes, I was called in and I became nervous. I walked into his big office and saw the man himself. "Hello." I squeaked.

He pointed at a chair opposite him, "Have a seat." I nodded and sat across him, "So, Giulia tell me a bit about yourself." He asked as he rested his chin on his intertwined fingers. I sat straight up and opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off. "Relax, you're not being recruited for war." he said and laughed after that which prompted me to laugh then he suddenly stopped laughing. "Go on."

Tough.

"My name is -"

He sighed which cut me off and rested his back on his chair, "I already know your name, you know."

I smiled for a second, "Oh, um I'm twenty one years old and in my final year as an economics major. I'm originally from Greece but I've lived in Chicago all my life-"

He cut me off...again, "You're Greek? Wow, that's a first, don't know why I didn't figure that out seeing your name. Anyways, I think I've heard enough so what makes you think you can do this job."

I thanked God silently because I practiced for this question more than one can imagine. "I'm very good with handling schedules and managing time so as your personal assistant I-"

He held up a finger to cut me off again and this time I sighed, I didn't see the sigh coming but I did and I didn't regret it. How many times does one have to be cut off to land a job. "My personal assistant?"

I raised an eyebrow at his question. "Uh, yes. That's what I applied for." I began searching through my folder for proof.

"Oh, the problem is that I already have a personal assistant." he said slowly.

I closed my eyes and knew it was too good to be true. Did they think I was applying to be a janitor or something. My goodness, no wonder I got called for an interview but who gets called for an interview to be a janitor and with Simon Cowell. I opened my eyes, "What job did you think I was applying for?"

"The manager position." He sighed and picked up his phone telling someone to get his ass in his office, "You see I had a feeling there was something wrong because let's face it, you're too young but naturally, I don't use age to figure out one's capability." A man in glasses rushed in and stood beside me. Simon looked up at him, "Tom, you told me she applied to be a manager but she says that she didn't."

The Tom guy looked down at me, "Are you Giulia Versucci?" I nodded in confusion wondering what was going on. He looked back at Simon, "It's true she applied to be your PA but by the time you called her in for an interview, you had already assigned Rose to be your PA and I thought that since she had the qualities to be your PA and even more, she wouldn't mind managing the boys."

The boys? Am I babysitting?

Simon pinched the bridge of his nose and glared at Tom, "You thought? For Christ's sake Tom, you're the head of the job applications and you thought a twenty-one year old girl would be able to manage a group of boys who are about the same age as her? C'mon Tom."

"Simon, you do know that Paul quit because he couldn't control them anymore and yes, I know she's young but she has a very good resume and it's not like she'd be doing this alone."

I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on so I had to interfere, "I'm sorry, who is it I'm managing?"

Simon looked at Tom to answer me. Tom faced me, "Do you know One Direction?" I raised an eyebrow at him to show my confusion, "A boyband?"

My eyes widened and I rested my back on the chair, "A boyband? You want me to manage a boyband? What makes you think I can do that, I mean, I know I may be able to do it but...

"Giulia, you don't have to do it. I just thought that it would be bad of me to send you back to the US without a try because the post you already applied for had been taken and I can't just fire Rose because you're here, can I?"

Simon stood up, "I'm late for a meeting," he looked at me. "It was nice meeting you Giulia and I do hope you find another fullfilling job -"

I stood up, cutting him off. It's my turn now, bitch. "Wait, you haven't even given me a chance to see if I can manage them or not."

He stood there and stared at me for a while then sat down which prompted me to sit down and Tom to leave. I guess it's serious time now. "OK then, I'm going to give you the job not because I pity you because if you know me well, I'm incapable of feeling pity for someone else but because Tom highly recommends you and we need someone to manage the boys now because this is a crucial moment in their career." I was hanging on every single word that came out of his mouth. "Now, there are so many rules you must abide by and I don't care what you think about them just that you follow them, am I clear?"

This is the Simon Cowell the world knows.

He stood up, "I'm late for a meeting so you go and meet Tom to be briefed on what to do then you can be introduced to the boys. Good luck." With that said, he left me standing in his office thinking if I made the right decision or not. Well, only time would tell.

Image

I was in Tom's office and he handed me a huge stack of papers, "Um, am I meant to read all these papers?"

He looked up at me ignoring my question completely, "As you know, no one would like Simon Cowell to be their manager for obvious reasons but in this case, you're going to be the Simon Cowell they never wanted."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "And by that, you mean...?"

"You have to be a lot meaner than Simon, their last manager quit because he couldn't control them and I know you wouldn't be able to control them but as long as you're strict with them, that would put them in line. Paul, their last manager thought that he needed to be friendly with the boys in order for them to respect him, look where that got him. So Guilia, the boys will be here in a few so you can all get to know each other and one big piece of advice, you can't date any of them, no form of relationship with any of them."

I nodded, "I don't think you need to tell me that."

He nodded, "But I did." The door opened and and five boys entered into the room. One of them leaned on the door, another sat on the chair, another sat on the arm of the chair, another just stood there with his hands in his pockets while the last one sat on Tom's desk. It was right then, I saw a glimpse of what I was in for. I tilted my head so that I could see Tom's face which was blocked by the boy sitting on his desk and it had 'told you so' written all over it. He stood up and cleared his throat, "Boys, this is Giulia Versucci and she'll be taking over Paul."

The only thing that was going on in my mind was that there was five of them. Five boys. I always thought that they were at most three. What kind of boy band that isn't a South Korean boy band is more than three these days. I muttered a hello to the boys and the one that was just standing in the middle of the room looked at me then at Tom, "You're kidding, right?"

The one sat on Tom's desk which was in front of me started laughing and stood up looking for something in the flowerpot and under the desk, "I get it, we're being punk'd, aren't we?" I couldn't help but laugh at that statement.

"I highly doubt that." The one with the curly hair said. I suddenly remembered what Tom said about being strict with them so I stood up and stood in the middle of the room and cleared my throat making all eyes on me including Tom's. That felt really good, made me wonder why I didn't major in politics. OK, back to business.

"As you know, I will be taking over Paul as your new manager and I would like to know all your names because honestly, I had no idea you would be more than three so I really think knowing your names should be on the top of my list."

The punk'd one started laughing, "You're serious?"

I didn't smile when he laughed, "We'll start with you then since everything seems to be making you laugh even those that aren't funny. What's your name?" He stopped laughing and looked at the others before replying to my question.

"Zayn."

I shrugged, "Zayn what? Am I supposed to guess your last name?"

I heard a giggle from one of the boys, the one with the ridiculously white hair, "I hadn't realised that I had cracked a joke." He stopped laughing and mumbled something so I turned back to Zayn, "Zayn what?"

"Zayn Malik." he said then walked out the door but not without banging the door. I'm guessing someone is not used to girls bossing him around. Well, tough luck.

I turned to the one with white hair, "You with the off colored hair, what's your name?"

"My hair color is not off." he said suddenly touching it.

I shrugged again, "I don't care and you're wasting precious time, what is your name?"

"Naill Horan." he said then sat down with a frown. Not my problem. It was though, just a little bit.

I turned to the curly haired one, "Maybe I should call you UK's Nick Jonas, what do you think?"

He folded his arm, "Harry Styles."

I nodded and scribbled down on my notepad, "Harold Styles." I mumbled as I wrote down.

"I said Harry not Harold." he said sternly.

I looked up, "Yeah, I know but Harry is the short form of Harold and only friends abbreviate names and as I know, we're not friends. I am your manager." I said then smiled at him. He opened his mouth to say something but someone else held his shoulder and he calmed down a bit but walked out of the room. I laughed, "If I was mean, I would have removed those two who walked out of the room out of the band and then we would be left with three boys, just as I like it." I smiled.

"If you were mean?" Naill scoffed. "Wonder what word to describe you with then."

I turned and faced him, he asked for it. "I can't help but notice something about you. You're the off one in the band and by that, I mean that everything about you is off compared to the rest of the band. Your hair is off and your accent is off. Are you from a different country, Naill?"

He glared at me, "Screw you." he stood up and left the room.

I looked at the remaining two, "And there were two." I pointed at the one with a black and white striped shirt, "Mr. Zebra, what shall I call you?"

"Louis Tomlinson." he said with a baby voice.

I mimicked his voice, "Hello, Mr. Tomlinson, I'm your new manager and I hope we can get through this as one, what do you think?" I knew that I was just being plain evil and I was enjoying it quite a lot but that was what I was told to do. It just didn't help that they were all hot and the only way I could insult all of them with a straight face was to think of dead puppies. It's the only way.

I'm not evil at all.

Louis looked at me then shrugged, "I'm going to see if Harry's okay, yeah?" He didn't wait for me to reply and just left. So I was left with one. I stared at him thinking of an insult to come up with but I had nothing. I had to have something.

"I'm Liam Payne." he said folding his arms and staring at me. "Seems like you're having a hard time looking for words to insult me with."

I formed a thin line with my lips and glared at him, "Mr. Pain, huh?"

"P-a-y-n-e." he pronounced it for me.

I nodded, "That's what I said, looks like you're always in pain for you to have that kind of last name."

He sighed, "As lame as that insult was, I don't see why you have to be mean to all of us but if you insist, I have no problem with that but since we're on insults here, I'll have a turn. You think because you've insulted us that you've straightened them up? I'm sorry but you'll have to try harder than that and while we're on names being funny. Do you have any idea how funny your name is? And by name, I mean your first and last name, I'm not one to insult girls but you asked for it, love." He smiled at me then looked behind me at Tom who had been quiet the whole time, "Have a nice day and I don't look forward to working with you." With that said, he was out of the room and I just stood there like a statue.

I heard clapping which pulled me out of my trance and I turned to look at a smiling Tom, "That was brilliant. Simon needs to hear this, never thought you had it in you." He pulled his hand forward and I slowly took it, "Welcome to the club, Miss Versucci."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story I'm testing the waters on and I have absolutely no idea if this is good or not although I do like writing the mean line. :hehe:

So Comment and let me know what you think. Plus subscribe. :)
Silent readers are not cool. :c

Interview Outfit

xx