Status: Active

Asylum

Prologue: Darkness

Darkness clouded her mind as she weaved in and out of consciousness. Trying to keep herself awake by staring up at the lights that flickered past quickly above her as she was moved down a dimly lit hallway. Her wrists and ankles were bound tightly to whatever she was laying on by what felt like thick leather restraints. She struggled weakly against them but it was no use. Whatever they had given her had sucked every last bit of strength she had from her body, she was helpless now and there was nothing she could do about it. Voices mumbled quietly around her, so gumbled up that she couldn't make out what they were saying as she strained to hear. Hoping that maybe it'd give her a clue as to what was going on, why she was here...where ever 'here' is.

"I think she's waking up." A female voice stated flatly as they turned a corner sharply, hitting something and jarring the moving table roughly, sending a wave of pain through her head. It was then that her eyes flew open as she tried to bolt upright, the restraints stopping her as she did so. She glanced around frantically as she took in her surroundings. Doors lined both sides on the hallways she was being taken down. The walls, which were probably once white, were now dirty and disgusting. Paint that had peeled from the walls being one of the many things that littered the floor. Panic arose in her chest as her heart began to beat wildly. This couldn't be happening, where were they taking her? Why was she here?

Her frantic screams echoed through the halls, mixing in with the various other sounds of the hospital. Or at least she assumed it was a hospital, and a poorly taken care of one at that. But honestly, where else could she be that would have her strapped down to a gurney? That would have long hallways with doors down both sides with what appeared to be patients peering out of some of the small windows? Suddenly realization hit her as two male nurses exited one of the rooms, carrying a man in a straight-jacket who was struggling violently against their grip. Was she in a mental hospital?

She didn't even realize she was screaming again until she was shoved back down against the gurney she was tired down to. One of the nurses struggling to hold her head still as another shoved a needle into her neck roughly, a sense of calm overwhelming her once again as darkness slowly consumed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not much, but it's a start. I know I haven't been updating my stories lately (for those of you who read them) and I apologize for that...I've just lost ideas and haven't felt much like writing lately. I hope you enjoy this though :)

Comment & Subscribe please! <3