Status: Finished!

Life as We Know It

Chapter One

"Kennedy are you almost ready?" My best friend Kayli shouted.

"Yeah give me five minutes and I'll be down." I yell back.

I was packing for the summer, Kayli and I were going to California for three months before she starts college. I on the other hand had no interest in going to college. So this trip was more for Kayli than me.

I stumbled down the stairs with my suitcases and placed them at the front door before walking into the living room where Kayli and my mom were waiting.

"Alright I'm ready." I said.

"Good it's not like we are rushing for a flight or anything." Kayli replied.

"Alright, so you have everything you need, right?" Mom said.

"Yes mom I have everything."

"Good, now your dad has rented you a car and it will be at the house, so just get a cab at the airport then you will be sorted once you get to the house."

"Okay, thank you."

"And for the love of God, don't get yourself in any trouble while out there."

"I won't don't worry, unless I run into Cameron Quiseng, then I am not responsible for my actions." I said laughing.

"I mean it Kennedy, no fooling around with guys. Band guy or not."

"Yes I know mom, I was joking Jesus, now are you done, we need to catch our flight."

"Yes - no just come here and give me a hug."

I went over to her and hugged her tight. "I'll miss you, but I'll be back soon."

"I'll miss you too, call me every once in a while won't you."

"Yes." I said as I let go.

Kayli and I headed to the door as my mother trailed behind us and stopped at the door as Kayli helped me with my suitcases. We put them in the back of her truck and got into the front. As we backed out the driveway, I waved to my mom and I could see her start to cry. Even though we haven't had a great relationship since my dad moved out and me blaming her for it. It's still nice to know after all the trouble I put her through she still loves me.

Once we got to Tampa International Airport and left Kayli's car at the long stay parking lot we got on the bus and our vacation was officially started.

We checked into Delta and went through security and found our gate, we were running tight and they were already boarding once we got there, we found our seats and took off for Atlanta. It took about an hour and tweny minutes then we had our flight to LAX.