Status: Finished!

Life as We Know It

10

i slept most of the flight to Atlanta wishing that the past 3 months didn't happen and that it was just the beginning of the summer. We got our connecting flight and before i knew it we were back in Tampa. We got back to Kayli's truck and headed back home. I had decided to move down to my dads like lindsay had said. apparently she has already told me dad and he's had sometime to cool off. My mom was out of town on business so i didn't have to worry about seeing her and confronting her. Once Kayli had dropped me off at my house. I went to my room and started to pack some things up. Once i had my car full of things i left my mom a note for when she comes home " Hey mom, made it back staff, going to spend sometime down at dads, don't know when exactly i'll be back up, but i'll call you whenever. Kennedy"
Luckily for me, my parents NEVER see each other, never visit or anything, when they divorced i was 16, so i could drive so they never needed to do the whole, i'll pick you up and drop you off confrontations.
i took the hour long drive to my dads house, Lindsay greeted me in the driveway.
She hugged me tight and told me everything would be okay, which set the waterfall of tears off again.
She helped me with my stuff and put it in my room.
"Wheres dad" i asked
"he went to get pizzas for us"
"Oh cool, is he still mad" i asked
"no, he told me just before he left that you're 19 and it's your life and even though this isn't how he pictured he little girls life to turn out like, this is reality and theres no point being mad"
I was unpacking my things when i heard
"wheres my bumblebee"
i ran downstairs and saw my dad with open arms, i ran into them and just started to cry
"now baby girl, no need to cry, everything is going to be okay" he said
"no it isn't dad, my life is ruined"
"no, you came into my life when i was 19 and my life is perfectly fine"
"yeah but you were with mom, you married her, you got a career while mum stayed home, i have nothing, the father doesn't even know, i'll never be with him, i can't get a career"
"well first things first, you're telling him"
i walked away, i wasn't going to have the same conversation with him that i've had with Kayli and Lindsay they just don't understand. I then realised i walked away from the pizza so i walked back grabbed a plate and a slice and then went to my room where i spent the rest of the night.
I turned my phone on for the first time since i left California and that' when i realised i never text Cameron telling him we arrived safe which resulted in me having 50 texts asking me.
"sorry, got caught up in family drama, arrived safe and sound" i quickly sent him
no joke within a second i got a reply back "okay good, was getting worried. i hope everything is okay"
"yeah it's fine, i just wish i was back with you"
"yeah i wish you were here too, but i'll see you soon right"
I spent the rest of the night curled up in bed just texting him until i feel asleep with the phone clued to my hand.
The next morning Lindsay woke me up telling me she had made me an appointment at the doctors.
I was out the house in under an hour. we were sitting in the doctors for over half an hour after mu scheduled appointment which just made me freak out even more. i hate doctors, i always fear that they are going to tell me that i'm dying and theres no way to stop. My name was finally called and Lindsay and I went into the room, 10 minutes later the doctor came in.
We went through the medical history of my family, made sure i was able to carry the baby full term. and told me my due date is March 30th. The only "bad" thing the doctor said was that i shouldn't have left it 2 months after i found out. On our way home we stopped off at target to get some maternity clothes as he said i would start showing any day now. I also texted Kayli about the appointment and she said she was excited and would like to come with me to my ultra sounds and stuff. Even thought when i first told her she was disappointed and she still doesn't like how i haven't told Cameron but she is there for me and i'm thankful for that. she decided to drive down and spend the night with me. We spent it watching movies and eating junk food like old times.