Status: Finished!

Life as We Know It

13

--6 months--
I woke up on Christmas morning to find gifts all through the house. My dad was always big on Christmas it's his favorite holiday. I walked downstairs and saw Lindsay and my dad sitting round the tree. I joined them and we started opening gifts. Most of mine were baby stuff, two of everything mostly pink and blue stuff. I got stuff like 2 car seats, 2 bouncers, a double stroller. and little bits of clothing. Everything with this pregnancy has been going perfect.
"Thank you for everything guys" i said to Lindsay and dad once we all had opened our gifts.
My dad had gotten him and Lindsay a vacation to Australia for next summer. He said he booked it so in advance so the babies would be here and i would be comfortable looking after them on my own before they leave me.
"So who wants to help me prepare lunch" Lindsay said
"not me" dad said which made us all laugh, my dad was the worst cook ever.
"i'll help you" i said
Lindsay and I went into the Kitchen we made literally everything you could think of from Pasta to turkey, salad. We go big on Christmas.
It was weird having Christmas without my mom normally i would split my time between the two. But I haven't spoken to her since she kicked me out and i'm not going to be the one to reach out.
After we ate, we got into the car and went to my grandparents grave and said a little prayer and wished them a merry Christmas. My grandparents died in a house fire two years ago. Sometimes late at night i think about how disappointed they would be of me. they always use to talk about how i would become this great person, which a great career and here i am 6 months pregnant at 19 with no real career.
We went back to my dads house and we packed my car up with the gifts and i headed back to my apartment. I put everything in the spare room which would later be turned into the nursery.
It was getting late i didn't leave my dads till about 8:30pm so i decided to head to bed for the night.

I woke up the next morning and got ready to head up to Tampa. I was going to Kayli's house for our annual Christmas lunch. Normally it would be me and my mum and her parent's but not this time.
My stomach was pretty big now so all my nice cute dresses didn't fit so i put on my jeans and a nice top.
I took the hour long drive and pulled up into her driveway.
"hey Kennedy" her mom said as she opened the door.
"Hey Gean, how are you" i said
"I'm good thank you, how's everything with you"
"yeah everythings going great"
we went into the living room where i said hi to her dad and Kayli herself.
"Alright lets get started" Joel, Kayli's had said
At there house everyone opened presents in turn, so her dad went first and we all gave him, his gifts, then her mum, then normally my mom but she isn't here. So it's Kayli's turn
"Alright here you are" i gave her my gift
She opened it up and saw that i had gotten her the coach bag she had wanted one time when we were at the mall after going to my appointment.
"Thank you so much" she said hugging me. She also opened one last gift from her parents/ we always hold out on one gift from Christmas to open today. They had gotten her a Tiffany necklace.
Now it was my turn. Her parents got me some things for the babies.
Kayli handed me her gift
"if you hate it, just tell me okay" she said
i opened it up it was a beautiful dreamcatcher.
"I love it so much thank you" i gave her a hug
"and you have one last gift" she said
"What, i thought we agreed on only one each this year" i said feeling bad that i only got her one
"No this isn't from me, it's from" she paused a little "Cameron"
i gave her a weird look.
"I was talking to Zach a couple weeks ago and Cameron came on the phone asking for you address, i said it wasn't my place to give it to him, but he said he just wanted to send you a christmas gif, so i gave him my dorm address"
i took the gift from her and opened it up. It was this amazingly beautiful starshaped necklace, it looked all handmade. i started to cry so i quickly whipped them away
"But now i feel bad i didn't send him anything"
"oh don't worry, i sent all the guys gifts from the both of us"
"i just don't understand why would he send me a gift, i've been horrible to him"
"i guess he just really cares for you Ked"
Her parents had gone away to get the lunch ready
"i just feel so bad Kay, like why do i have to be in this position"
"you can always make it better Ked, you can alway call him and tell him the truth"
"I can't, i just can't, the only thing i can do is text him and tell him thank you"
So thats what i did, for the first time in months i texted Cameron with a simple "Thank you for the gift"