Status: Finished!

Life as We Know It

19

It's been a month since Maui and Lakyn came home. So they are now two months old. It is crazy how fast time flies. I don't even know what sleep is anymore but i wouldn't change it for the world. I love being a mommy. It's hard being alone most of the time. my dad and Lindsay helped me out for a while. But i told them to stop because they aren't always going to be there and i need to learn to be able to do everything on my own. Maui does not like being left alone. She literally wants to be held 24/7. Lakyn i can put in his swing and he will be happy. they definitely are different in their looks. Maui is a splitting image of Cameron it's kinda scary. Lakyn is kind of even between Cameron and I. He hasn't been showing any signs of ginger gene which i'm happy about. Nothing against having a child with red hair. But kids are mean these days and i don't want my child to go through the abuse i went through just because of my hair color. His skin is also lighter than Maui's.
Today i'm taking them on their first road trip. We are heading down south a bit to Marco Island. About 2 and half hours away. I'm heading down for my cousins 16th birthday. 16th birthdays are a big deal in my family. The whole of the family on my moms side get together and have celebrations.
grabbed the bags i had already packed and put them in the car. having twins and travelling for a day is like 5 bags. So staying somewhere for the night is double that. once everything was in the car it looked like i was moving. I had to full, probably half the stuff i wont need but it's better safe than sorry. I also had to bring the travel crib so that took up a lot of space. Maui and Lakyn also decided that they didn't want to sit in their car seats so i had them crying as i backed out.
On the drive down i stopped every half hour or so to feed them and just give them my love. As i got nearer to the gathering place i got nervous. I didn't know if my mother would be there. I didn't know how they all would react to the twins. i certainly didn't want to take this day away from my cousin. I was started to think it was a bad idea coming.
2 and half hours later i pulled up into the parking lot. I grabbed the stroller from the back and put Maui and Lakyn in it. Of course as soon as we get there they feel the need to be asleep so it's harder to move them. as i headed into the venue i looked around to see if i could see my moms car, i couldn't.
I entered and saw many of my uncles and aunties along with cousins. my mom was from a big family she had 6 siblings. 3 sisters and 3 brothers. She was the oldest.
"Kenny" my uncle jimmy said
"Jimmy" i said hugging him
"How have you been" he asked
"Good thank you, and yourself" i asked
"Great thank you and who are these little rascals"
"Maui and Lakyn" i said pointing to them i can tell i will be doing a lot of this throughout the day.
Maui started to cry so i picked her up and carried her around while i greeted everyone and i was right. everything was about the twins. I finally made it to my cousin Rachel who was the reason i was here
"Happy 16th munchin" i said
"Thanks" she replied
"Oh shoot i felt your gift in the car, i'll give it to you later okay" i said
"Sure, can i hold her" she asked
i handed her maui and we sat and talked. Lakyn was passed out he is the sleeper out of the two.
As i was catching up with my other cousins who had joined Rachel and I, i saw my mom walk through the door. i tensed up
"You still aren't talking" Jamie my other cousin said
"Nope, she hasn't even seen them" i said
"well maybe when she see them today she will see the mistake she's made. My mom thinks she's being stupid and doesn't understand how she could just do that to you"
"i know but whatever i'm over it"
Rachel was called over meaning it was gift time. Which basically means she sits at the front and each person goes up to her hands a gift and she opens it. Which in my family takes forever.
she was halfway through. mostly getting clothes, jewerally and gift cards. my Uncle chad was up next, he normally gives the coolest gifts.
"OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH UNCLE CHAD" Rachel screamed
"Well what is it" Aunt Charlie said... her mom.
"Allstar Weekend ticket for their Tampa date in 2 months" she screamed
i nearly spat out my drink.
"You'll be staying with Auntie Mel" Charlie said.
What my mom, i'm kind of baffled how she would agree to that seeing as it's the band that has the guy who my mom hates in it. Now i really want to talk to her. The gift giving was over. Rachel was going to come to the hotel with me so i could give her mine.
Everyone was starting to leave and i saw my mom heading to the door.
"hey uncle Ray, can you look after them for a minute, i want to go talk to my mom outside"
"Sure thing sweetpea" he said
i raced out the building and saw my mom at her car. i ran over
"hay" i said
"What" she replied okay rude.
"Well i just wanted to know why you agreed to let Rachel stay at your house"
"Well i know my niece she isn't a slut and wont go sleep with the guy"
"Hold up, what i am no a slut. i made a mistake. that was the first and last time i've even had sex how does that make me a slut"
"Well you slept with a guy you barely knew. what else do you want me to call it"
"I'm not a God Damn slut i was dating him. I probably still would be if i hadn't of gotten pregnant. if i'm a slut then you must be too you had a kid at 16"
"Yeah but i married the father i didn't run away like a scared little girl"
i was in tears i couldn't believe my own mother thought this of me
"Forget it, i don't even know why i came out here"
i ran back into the building
"Sweetie what is wrong" Auntie Charlie asked
"My mom, she called me a slut and I can take it from other people, but my own mother no" i said
"It's okay Kennedy we all love you and know you are far from a slut, you have done a brave thing and we applaud you. your mother, my sister should be the most understanding seeing what she did at young age but she isn't. Just know we will always be here for you"
"Thank you auntie CharChar" i hugged her and went back over to uncle Ray.
"thank you" i said
"My pleasure" he said
"Hey Rach you ready to leave" i asked
"yeah sure"
we left and headed to the hotel. Once there i explained everything that happened with my mom. The one thing the rest of my family doesn't know is who exactly the father is. We've just been saying a guy i met in California. Luckily for Me Rachel even though an Adub fan. doesn't keep up to date with them. She just listens to their music. So she hasn't seen any pictures from that sumer.