Status: Finished!

Life as We Know It

7

I was lying on the couch curled up in a ball crying. Everything was going great between Cameron and I. The guys spent more time in LA recording their album, so we hung out all the time, Cameron and I would go on dates and to the beach, we didn't label our relationship, we just called it dating and seeing how things work out. I was even going to ask Lindsay if i could stay in the house longer so i could stay in California. But now everything is ruined. I knew something was up with me, it wasn't home sickness and once i realised my period was late. i knew. I just knew and now the 6 tests that are thrown all around the bathroom prove what i was fearing. That night Cameron and I so want to forget it coming back to haunt us in a big way. I can't tell him, i can't it wold ruin his career they are starting to get big. No i wont. I'm not showing and i wont start until i'm back in Florida.
My mom is going to kill me. Kayli was out at the guys recording session but i told them i was going to stay home and call home to see if i could stay in California.
I got up off the couch and decided i need to tell someone, i grabbed the phone and decided to call the only person i thought of who wouldn't judge me.
"Hey Lindsay" i said through tears
"oh my god is this Kennedy what is the matter"
"i'm in huge trouble" i said
"what i'm sure you're not, if it's something with the house or anything i can fix it"
"it's not that. it's me"
"what have you done so wrong that could possibly make you be in such hysterics"
"i'm pregnant lindsay, i was an idiot and got pregnant and my mom is going to hate me, it was the one thing she told me not to do and i've done it im ruined" i screamed
"i'm sure it is fine, are you dating this guy, does he know"
"yes i'm dating him, but it happened 2 months ago and i only just realised i haven't had a period since ive been here. We did it before we even properly knew each other. He's that band guy i always talk about"
"It's going to be fine, i promise you, first things first, tell him. Then you can come stay we me and your dad so we can figure out how to tell your mom"
"what no, i am not telling him. It will ruin his career, when i get back to Florida, i'm going to tell him a long distance relationship isn't what i want and then i will never see him again"
"No Kennedy, he needs to know, it's just as much his as it is yours"
"well maybe i'll tell him one day, but not soon"
just then i heard voices come through the front door
"i have to go Lindsay Kayli is back"
"wait does she know"
"No.. bye"
I hung up the phone and broke down again
They all found me in my bedroom
"oh my god Ked" Kayli said
"They won't let, me. They wont let me stay we have to go home in a week"
"it's okay" Cameron said pulling me into his lap and hugging me
"No it's not, long distance relationships don't work"
"we can try and i'll be going on tour and i''ll make sure we have a date near you"
No you won't, you might know i live in Tampa but you wont know my exact location, you'll never see me again
"i really want to but i'm scared"
I saw Kayli go into my bathroom and i feared for her return i left it with the tests all over the place.
She came back out a couple minutes later and just looked at me
"um guys, would it be okay if we don't come to dinner tonight, i just remembered i had booked Kennedy and I a night out the day we arrived.
"sure thats fine"
I was still sitting on Cameron curled up in his chest just listening to his heart beat. I can't believe i've screwed up everything with him.
"So like can you head out now, so we can get ready"
"oh yeah sure, call us when you wanna hang out again" Zach said
Zach and michael had left leaving Kayli, Cameron and I in the room, i feared that she would take her chance and confront me while he was here
"Kennedy would you let Cameron go"
"No i'm comfortable right now"
"Ke, i'll call you later and i promise everything is going to be fine"
i let him get up leaving Kayli and I. She waited until she heard the car move outside before talking
"what is this i found all over the bathroom"
I broke down, i knew she would react like this, all disappointed
"Is it Camerons" she asked
i nodded
"How, why did you let this happen"
"i don't know okay, it was ages ago, remember the night of the concert, yeah it happened then"
"WHAT, so you guys went all the way when you didn't even know each other"
"look Kayli, i'm going to get this from my mother, i really need a FRIEND right now. He walked me home and we saw you sleeping on the couch so we decided to talk in my room. One thing led to the other and yeah. We swore to never speak of that night and act like it never happened. But now it's coming back to Haunt us. I'm not telling me, i'm not ruining his career, well go back to Florida and i'll tell him it's not working"
"Kennedy you have to tell him, it's his kid too"
"i know and i will but when his career isnt on the line"
'Look i know you want to do the best and everything, but i don't think keeping the baby form him is good for the long run"
"i'm doing it my way okay, this is my mess"
"okay fine. Just know i'll be there with you no matter what"
"good that's all i'm asking"
"so you're like around 2 months in then"
"yeah i guess, i wont start to show until we're back in Tampa, hopefully"