Status: Work in Progress!

I Believe In The Finer Things & You Don't Believe In Me

Nothing Lasts Forever

After class, Josh scooped up his books, turning back when a fellow classmate- that I recognized as Tom Bennett- "Hey, it's the Deer Killer!" Josh greeted him, and Tom's face bunched up in a pretend scowl. "Shut up, mate! I swear to god, I didn't kill it, I fucking saw it walk away!" Tom argued, and Josh laughed. I smiled at their playful banter, wishing I was able to communicate with friends like that and joke around.

"Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that you did great. Sounds like a new song in the making." Tom commented, and Josh's smile went from a playful one to a sincere yet curious one. "Hm... Maybe. I'd never really thought about it that way, but thanks, man! I wish I could say the same for you, but yours kind of sucked." Josh lied in response, and Tom smacked him in the head lightly. "Ass hole." he said under his breath, chuckling quietly, and then he turned to me.

"You did amazing. I never thought you could talk. It's nice to hear a new voice." Tom commented, causing me to smile and blush lightly. No one ever talks to me. Why is he talking to me? Especially since it's Tom Bennett, quarterback of the football team. "T-t-t-th-thanks!" I muttered, hopefully not sounding like as much of an idiot as I thought I did.

Josh smiled at me, then looked at Tom, "We've got to get going. We're going to miss the bell." he concluded, and Tom nodded, giving us a quick wave and 'See you 'round' before walking off. As Josh and I followed him out, he continued to smile. "I told you you'd do great." he said, and I sighed.I wanted to talk. I wanted to be able to reply like a normal person so badly. "I-I-I k-kno-know. I j-j-just d-didn't-t th-think I c-could..." I trailed off, less than pleased at how that came out.

Josh's smile only grew though, "I'm really proud of you. You really did do an amazing job." he complimented, and I tried to keep my cheeks from heating up. "N-n-no, I-I d-didn't-t." I argued, knowing as a fact that I did terrible. My stutters were probably at a moderate level, but my voice was so shaky and quiet, I'd assume that nobody actually heard me.

"Don't say that. You did amazing, and there's no arguing against that. What you did took a lot of guts." he continued to persist, and I sighed, There was never any winning with Josh. I've learned that about him, if he feels really passionate in a belief, he will fight to defend it. "T-Thanks." I gave in, and as we walked he narrowly avoided slamming into a Sophomore rummaging through his locker.

"I'm really happy you've started talking more." he confessed, stopping in our usual place in front of the back stairwell. He goes up a floor to his next class, and I continue along this hall til I find mine. "O-o-on-ly t-to you." I noted, and he smiled again, "Makes me feel special." he admitted, and I blushed slightly. Josh leaned in, pressing a light kiss to my forehead, and the warning bell rang. "Shit- alright! I'll see you in maths?" he asked hurriedly, and I nodded, a grin plastered on my face.

He opened up the door to the stairway, dashing up them in a strange fashion that almost reminded me of how he would run home from the bus in primary school. It made my smile grow, remembering such weird little memories like that.

I walked along the hall, feeling somewhat proud of myself, but it was soon crushed by my inner thoughts. I don't deserve to be proud. I'm just a fuck up. My own father didn't even want me.

I'm just a screw up. Everyone will give up on me eventually. Even Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for this short update! I meant to update yesterday, but I wound up hanging around with some of my friends! I hope this will hold you guys over until I can get a better update out! I'm really trying to build up on the personalities of the characters, so once again, bear with me! I swear to god I say the same thing in every A/N, but thank you so much for reading/subscribing/commenting/etc. it means the world to me!

Thank you to,

d-o-c-t-o-r-w-h-o: I really appreciate all of the comments you give! Thank you for continuing to read/support me! :)

joshfranvibes: Yay! A new commenter! Thank you as well for you comment! I've been working out a few ideas to make my stories a bit more interesting, so I'm glad that adding in the speech impediment intrigues you guys! :)

My Misery Business: I'm aware of my issue with commas! I've been struggling with it for years, I just put them in the weirdest places, so I apologize! I've tried to cut back on them in this chapter! For the next update I'll try and educate myself a bit more on comma usage to improve! Thank you so much for telling me about it though, I tend to kind of forget about it! :)

& last but not least, thank you to all of my silent readers! I appreciate all of my readers so much! :)