Status: Work in Progress!

I Believe In The Finer Things & You Don't Believe In Me

You've Lit a Spark

When Josh came back downstairs he was completely silent as he came to sit beside me again, this time all of the way on the opposite side of the couch. After a few minutes it was becoming unbearable, "... J-J-Josh?" I asked quietly, nervous.

"Uh... Yeah?" he asked, looking over at me hesitantly, and I was drawing a blank. I didn't really have anything to say, all I wanted to do was fix things, so all I did was say the one thing I assumed he'd want to hear. "I'm s-sorry." it came out as barely a whisper, and he sighed. "No, I'm sorry. You didn't do anything wrong, I was way out of line. I shouldn't have done that, I know that you don't like me... like that." he said softly, looking away again.

I shuffled a bit closer, putting my hand on his arm to grab his attention, "I-I n-n-never said tha-that I... I d-didn't l-like you like t-that." I pointed out, a little anxious to be having this conversation. If I told him how I felt would he still want to even be my friend?

He turned around immediately, "Well... do you?" he asked, a glint of hope in his eyes, and I smiled, nodding happily. "Really?" he asked in disbelief, and I laughed softly, "Yeah." I confessed. A grin spread across his face, "So, would you... maybe want to go out on a date sometime or... ?" he trailed off, and this sentence made my heart rate speed up. I had never been asked on a date before!

'O-Of c-c-course!" I replied, and he was absolutely beaming. God, he was so adorable when he was nervous. Am I allowed to think these things now without feeling guilty, or is it still weird? I have to be dreaming. There is no way that this is really happening.

Josh let out another sigh, but this time of relief, "So, uh-" Josh started, and the jumbled mixture of male voices caused him to stop. "The boys are here." he said, still smiling, and I took a deep breath, nodding to myself.

I can do this.

Josh put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me even closer to him, "They'll love you. I promise." he said, his voice humming in my ear, and he pressed another kiss to my cheek. This one was more passionate, and it made my heart flutter. We're going on a date! We're dating! Josh, and I! Josh and I are dating!

Right? Or is that not the right way to describe it? Surely it would be too soon to say that we were boyfriend and girlfriend... but then again, we have known each other for roughly two months now. It'd be fine to say that we were boyfriend and girlfriend, wouldn't it?

"Why the fuck are you two smiling? Just get laid?" an unfamiliar voice asked, dragging me from my thoughts, and I looked around to see a group of lads spread out across the rest of the couch, one sitting on the floor.

"Shut up, you shit-fuck! Josh, who's this?" one of the boys asked curiously, looking at me, and I felt my stomach heave. Stop looking at me. "Calm down, lads. This is Kate, my girlfriend." Josh introduced me, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Girlfriend! I turned to face Josh slightly, nervous to have all of their eyes on me.

They gave a few sounds of approval, "Ah, so this is the girl you've been going on about." Max said. I had recognized him from seeing him around school. It was then that Josh broke the news of my speech problem. "She has a stutter, so be patient with her. It'll take a while before she's comfortable with talking around you guys." he informed them, and they were overall silent until the boy next to me turned to me and gave me a smile.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm Matt." he introduced himself, and I smiled slightly, my nerves making me a bit uncomfortable. "H-Hi." I said quietly, and he seemed to debate something for a few seconds before smiling again. The rest of the guys introduced themselves, and within about a half an hour things started to settle in and I started to loosen up.

This might not actually be half bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Finally! They're together! Thank you guys so much for sticking with me! I really appreciate each and every one of you guys! I've been feeling a lot better so far, so I'll try to get into a regular schedule for updating! Thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing/etc.! A special thanks to d-o-c-t-o-r-w-h-o, saveredheads, and My Misery Business! I love you guys so much!:)