Status: Comment?

To Hell and Back for You

The Rest Of The Family.

After I packed my bags I walked down the stairs, Brian walked over and took the bag from me and put it in the trunk of the car. When we got in and he started driving Cassidy looked back at me, "So, you're fifteen?" I nodded, "Yeah, my birthday's in three months though." Her face lit up, "Brian, can we through Alaina a sixteenth birthday party? Please? I'll have the girls help and you won't have to do a thing." Brian nodded, "Fine, but take what Alaina wants into consideration too." Cassidy nodded, "I will, don't worry Bri." When we got to the house, I couldn't help, but stare in shock. Cassidy looked at me, smiling, "Welcome home Laina, is it ok that I call you that?" I nodded, "That's fine...what should I call you two?" Cassidy smiled, "Well, I'm ok with you calling me Cass, Brian's probably fine with anything, right hun?" Brian looked back at me, "You can call me Brian, I get it would be weird to start calling new people mom and dad when you're fifteen."

I smiled, "Ok," Cass and I got out and we walked in the house, Brian bought my bag up to a room upstairs, "Cass can take you shopping and you can buy some paint and stuff to do your room, we didn't know what you'd want to do with it, so just have fun with it, I guess." I nodded, Brian put my bags down and walked back downstairs, Cass sat on the edge of my bed. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what happened that you were in that foster home?" I was dreading the moment one of them would ask that question. I never knew what the right answer to that would be, I was always scared to admit the real problems with my family. I sighed and looked down at my feet, Cass put her hand on my shoulder, "You don't have to tell me, but if you ever want to talk about anything, just come find me, ok?" I nodded, "Ok, thank you, Cass." She smiled, kissed my forehead, "No problem, get comfortable Laina."

It was about two hours after Cass left my new bedroom, I was already having the feelings I used to, I knew I should talk to one of them, I got up and walked down the hall to the room that I knew was like a lounge. I knocked on the door, "Come in," I opened the door and stuck my head in, "Cass?" She looked up from the book she was reading, "Alaina? What's going on?" I looked down, "Yo-you said that if I ever wanted to talk, to come find you.." She smiled and sat the book down, "Well, what's on your mind kiddo?" I sighed, "Well, can this just stay between us?" She nodded, "Of course Laina, this can stay between us."

I looked down at my feet and sat down on the chair next to her, "I-I didn't exactly grow up in a happy family, my parents divorced when I was five and my mom pretty much gave up any parental rights she had to me. I lived with my father until I was twelve, after my mom left...he started blaming me for her leaving," I felt the tears well up in my eyes, "He hated me, there were times when he would lock me in my room for days on end, giving me the minimum amount of food to keep me alive..." Cass hugged me tightly, "Alaina, nothing like that will ever happen to you again, Brian and I would never let that happen. We're having some friends over in a little bit, why don't you go and get changed into some clothes that you look more comfortable in." I laughed slightly, "Ok, thank you again Cass." She nodded, "It's no problem, if there's ever anything else, just let me know."

I went to my room and changed into an outfit that I bought about a month ago. I heard the door downstairs open, "Alaina! Are you almost ready?" I smiled, "Yeah!" I walked out of my room and went down the stairs to see a shorter guy and a girl with long brown hair, Cass was standing at the end of the stairs, "Oh, Johnny, Callie, this is Alaina. Alaina, Johnny and Callie are friends of ours." I smiled, "Hi." Cass looked at me, "Callie and I are going to the lounge, you can come with us." My face lit up, "Re-really?" Cass nodded, "Come on," She started to walk up the stairs when the door bell rang again, she ran back and opened the door, "Alaina, come back." I sighed and walked back down, there were two guys and two girls, "Alaina, meet Matt and Leah, and Zack and Bella. Everyone, this is Alaina." Leah and Bella went up the stairs and sat in the lounge with Callie, Cass looked out the window and lead me upstairs quickly.

Callie looked over at us, "Jimmy's here?" Cass nodded, "I'm just trying to keep her away from him, we love Jimmy and all, but the last thing I need is her getting involved or being influenced by him." I got up, "Excuse me for a moment." I got up and walked out of the room, what was so bad about Jimmy? Why didn't Cass want me around him? What co-, "Ow.." I rubbed my forehead, I felt like I just ran into a brick wall, "Oh wow, I'm sorry..." I felt someone take my hand and pull me back to my feet, I looked up to see one of the most gorgeous men ever, he smiled, "You must be Alaina, I don't think Cass introduced us, I'm Jimmy..." Oh god....
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?