Status: Being posted when my lazy butt feels like it.

Thunderstorms Could Never Stop Me

Chapter 4

We ate Thai food, and everything was a blur. All I could think of was Christian, Beau and Jesse's betrayal. I felt hurt. I wanted anything to stop the pain. So, after we ate, I walked out. Jess ran after me, Beau in tow.

"Where do you think you're going Kellin?" she smiled.

"Out. Drinking. Who knows, maybe I won't be back until tomorrow." I started to walk away.

"Hey," She called after me. "Be careful."

"Mhm." I rolled my eyes and took off.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Once I set foot in the bar, it was drink after drink after drink. Quite a few shots were thrown down, and then more beers were drank. By the time I went to leave, I was so wasted the bartender had to help me into a cab. I got home late, but Jesse and Beau definitely didn't care until I decided to scream "I'm home!" as loud as possible. Jesse was up with me all night, as I threw up my weight in everything.

It was three AM When we had a conversation, my cheek on the toilet rim.

"I'm so sorry Jesse," I drawled. "You know I love you so much."

"I know sweetie," she whispered. "It's okay."

"But it isn't," I whined. "Beau's so hot and you're you guys and you're so you and I'm so jealous of you guys. And I'm just a huge butthole!" My eyes got huge and then I laughed.

Jesse just smiled. Eventually, She helped me shower and get into bed. I woke up, naked, besides a sheet and a blanket, I had a note lying next to me. From Jesse. It said that she and Beau were out getting some aspirin and a smoothie to nurse the hang over. I smiled and curled back up. The pain and dullness still welled inside me, but I felt better knowing I gave myself hell. So I decided to do it again, except start earlier, like instantly. From the moment I wake, to the moment I pass out. I threw on a hoodie and more yoga pants, hair in a bun once again. I left Jess a note saying I'd be out and I'll call her later. I got to the bar, sat down and ordered two shots of vodka. The handsome bartender raised an eyebrow and said "Daddy issues?" I laughed.

"I guess you could say so, but you're off by 20 years."

"So, what is it now then?"

I slammed one shot. "You don't really wanna listen to my crap."

"I do," he smiled. "You're quite the quite the entertainer."

"My bestfriend died and I was in love with him," slam the other shot. "My bestfriend that I'm living with is all buddy-buddy googly-eyes with my attractive enemy and now I can't help bu think of how my father-figure abandoned me and my mom."

"Bummer. Here, have a another shot, on the house." he poured me another.

I gulped it down. "Entertained?"

"I will be once you're drunk." He smirked.

"Stop it!" I playfully pushed him.

"My shift's almost over," he grinned. "Wanna chill? Rape not included."

I laughed. "Sure."

His long black hair was shaved on one side and his eyes were such a dark brown that they seemed onyx, though they were warm. He wore black-framed glasses over his pale white face.

"You know," I said. "I never caught your name."

"Sonny," he reached a hand out to shake. "Sonny Moore."

I shook it. "Kellin."

"No last name?"

"Nope, it doesn't matter much anyway."

"Touche."

"So, do tell Sonny, what's your profession?"

He smiled. "They tell me it's bar tending, but I'd someday hope to be in a band. Actually, Right now I'm singing here on cartain days. Tonight, after my shift as a matter of fact. And since we'll be hanging out, you'll get to hear."

"Fabulous," I smiled, genuinely. "Just don't mess up."

He threw his towel down and walked to the stage. "Me? Mess up? I forgot we just met, and you don't know me," another smile.

He picked up the mic and looked me dead in the eye. Then, he sang. Out from his mouth were beautiful melodies, perfect harmonies, and soul opening lyrics. His voice alone was like a hallucinogen. It sent chills down my spine, tingles down to my toes. and goosebumps all over my body. Every hair on my body was raised in pure loveliness. The song was about a girl named Emily, and about how he loves her so much, that nothing could stop him from loving her, even though she left.

When he stepped down and walked to me, I thought I was dreaming. He was too perfect. Witty, sweet, smart, a fabulous singer... and I'd only known him a short while.

"So what'd you think?" he asked.

"Beautiful," I blinked, shocked. "You're stunning."

He laughed. "Thanks. It does help me pick up girls, though that's not what I'm going for." He blushed slightly.

I smiled and got off my seat. "Take me somewhere." I looped my arm into his.

"Where?"

"Surprise me."

"Alright, then let's go." He led me outside and down quite a few streets. Where we arrived was crazy. A gently sloping hill in a park. We walked to the top and laid down, side by side, watching the skies. "Beautiful isn't it?" he grinned at the sky.

"It's clearing and detoxifying my mind. I can't help but be calm." I sounded surprised.

"I come here when I need to think."

"Alone? or do you usually bring someone to bounce your thoughts off of?"

"Always alone. I don't think I've ever took someone here."

"Oh, well thanks then."

We sat quietly for a long while, just starring at the clouds. Eventually I got hungry and my belly rumbled with the force of earthquakes, demanding food. We both giggled at the sounds.

"Let me buy you lunch," I looked at him questioningly. "Your choice..." he bribed.

"Fine." I giggled. "Let's get Burger King."