Status: Being posted when my lazy butt feels like it.

Thunderstorms Could Never Stop Me

Chapter 7

Sonny called a cab and we got in, quickly, before Jesse could get to me again. He looked at me almost pitifully and asked me one thing, "My place, so you can cry in peace?" I nodded as my lip started to quiver. The cab took us to his house, on Fallfare Lane. It was a small place, white exterior and red shudders. The address numbers my his mailbox next to the door were black and slowly giving into rust. We walked inside and the decor was perfectly matched, red and white with splashes of black in certain places. I touched the soft white blankets on the red couch, and let my fingers linger over the roomy square pillows.

He put his and on the small of my back as I stood there. "Dinner time," he says.

Somehow he knew that mac-n-cheese was my comfort food, and we sat in his modern kitchen eating our microwave meal. After that, I kinda fell into a warm comfort zone with him. We laid on his couch together, wrapped up snugly in those blankets for a long while talking about things, like cats. Eventually, we got quiet and I looked at him. We both leaned in, our lips almost touching, but I pulled away and sat up.

"No... We can't-" I whispered, but then he cut me off with a passionate kiss.