Status: Completed

No Need To Say Goodbye

The Call-Regina Spektor

When I was young, I felt like I knew everything, as most children do. Then the world taught me I knew nothing at all. Those feelings grew into hopes in things I just knew I was sure about. Things like God. God in particular, actually. Hopes that He’ll come back when it’s over and everybody’s ready to leave this cruel world we as humans have been destined to live in. Then we’ll be back to the beginning, where everything started.

We don’t know what Heaven feels like, yet. But we will. Everything’s changing. But all you can do is know who your friends are as we go into this war called life. All you can do is pick the path you want to head towards, just to pass time until it’s time.

We come into this world as innocent people, but as we immerse ourselves deeper into this life, we have our own struggles to overcome. As we grow older, we see things changing, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst.

But thanks to the heavenly promises, we'll have no fear and can walk in confidence that the Lord Almighty watches over us.

Jesus' sacrifice won't necessarily mean that he won't come back for us again. Hold on to the promise of salvation and live in faith, hope and charity.

No need to say goodbye, for He is always with us, even if no longer in the flesh.