Status: HIATUS AND MAJOR REWRITING

Voices Carry

CHAPTER TWO

Harry moaned as he tried to pull himself up off the bed. His head was throbbing and he didn’t know how much more of it he could take.

“Louis!” Harry’s yell came out groggy and unattractive. “Louis, I’m dying!” He laid his head back on the pillow, covering his face with his hands.

The lights in the room flickered on, which made Harry moan in pain even louder.

“Turn that bloody thing off!” Louis laughed and did as he was told, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Harry.

“Rough night?” He snickered as Harry just kicked him in the side.

“I don’t remember a thing,” Harry sighed, trying to think back to last night. “What happened?”

“Oh, you know…you came in with a whore and had your way with them.” If he doesn’t remember, he doesn’t need to know. Louis thought to himself, not letting Harry know that it was actually HIM that was said whore.

“Fabulous,” He groaned.

Louis watched Harry’s every move. It didn’t matter if he was up and doing something crazy or just lying there; Harry Styles fascinated him.

“Yeah…” He could barely get the words out as he traced his finger up and down Harry’s arm. Harry let out a laugh.

“That tickles!” Harry smacked Louis’ hand away, but couldn’t help but smile at him.

“Sorry,” Harry laughed, pulling his body over top of Harry’s so he was practically sitting on him. “But if that tickled…imagine how this feels!” Louis proceeded to tickle almost every inch of Harry’s upper half of his body.

“Louis!” He laughed, trying his best to wiggle away from him, but failing miserable. “Come on, Lou! Stop it!” Harry managed to grab Louis’ hands and lock fingers with him. He stared up at Louis and smiled, “Gotcha…”

“Dork,” Louis pulled his hands away, yet he continued to sit on top of Harry’s body.

“I’m a dork?” Harry propped himself up with his elbows. “You’re the one sitting on me. You’re the dork.” He smirked, pushing Louis off of him so that the two boys were now lying side by side.

Louis stayed quiet, staring up at the ceiling.

“Hey, Lou?” Harry finally spoke up after the silence was starting to get to him.

“Hmm?”

“Did something happen…” Harry rolled over onto his side so he was now looking at Louis, “…while I was away?”

“What do you mean?” Louis followed Harry’s lead and planted his body on his side, staring straight into Harry’s eyes.

“You’ve been acting distant since I got home…”

“It’s only been a day, Haz,” Louis laughed, but Harry could tell it wasn’t the Louis laugh he was knew and loved.

“That’s what I mean! Your laugh…it’s not the same as before I left. What happened, Louis?” Harry took his hand and held it tightly. “You can tell me anything…”

“It’s nothing really. It’s just been…” Louis turned away so he was lying on his back again, though his hand was still gently placed in Harry’s. “It’s just been a really long summer. You missed a lot of stuff.”

“Fill me in?” Harry scooted closer to him, wrapping an arm around Louis’ stomach.

This wasn’t unusual Harry behavior. Even before Harry left he would cuddle up near Louis or do something lovingly like that, which practically drove Louis mad. Louis knew that it most definitely meant more to him than it did to Harry.

Louis couldn’t look Harry in the eyes. He knew he was waiting for a response and Louis wasn’t ready to tell Harry what was going on. Louis knew that Harry would be angry because he was keeping this secret from him, but he couldn’t find the courage to actually tell him. It was more than Louis just being in love with Harry. It was much, much more…

“Louis…” Harry’s hand found Louis’ chin. He pulled it towards him slowly so Louis would look at him. “What’s going on?”

“I can’t tell you…” Louis whispered, pulling himself from the bed. He ran a hand through his hair, keeping his back faced to Harry.

Harry sat up straight, getting frustrated with Louis. “Louis!”

“I just can’t!”

“What’s going on?!” Harry’s voice cracked as he screamed back at his best friend. They weren’t used to fighting. Hell, they’ve never fought before. But Louis was hiding something.

“Just leave it alone!” Louis’ hand smacked against whatever was on Harry’s dresser, knocking almost everything onto the floor, causing a few things to shatter.

Harry stared at Louis, shocked that he had gotten this upset. Louis was usually happy and in a great mood. He’s never seen Louis like this before.

“What is wrong with you?” Harry got up from the bed and began to retrieve the things from the floor and put them back on the dresser.

“A lot more than you can know,” Louis slammed the door shut behind him.

Image

“Louis, answer the phone.” Harry laid back on the couch, resting his phone between his shoulder and ear. “I’m worried about you. You’re not talking to me like you used to. I need to know what’s going on…”

He hung the phone up and dialed again for the eighteenth time. Again, it went straight to voicemail.

“We’re sorry, but this mailbox is full.” Harry groaned and tossed his phone on the floor, letting his hands smack against his face.

“I really don’t know what his deal is…” Liam spoke up from the chair on the other side of the room. “He doesn’t usually keep anything from any of us,”

“Especially not me. We’ve never had secrets.” Harry stressed, his hand gliding through his curls in frustration.

“Maybe it’s something he doesn’t feel comfortable sharing with us,” Zayn shrugged, resting his head on his knees and looking around the room.

“But why wouldn’t he feel comfortable with us? We’re his fucking best friends!” Harry yelled, not meaning to direct his anger on Zayn, but just being upset altogether. “Sorry,” He apologized quickly.

“I’m sure he’s alright. It’s probably something he thinks is stupid and he doesn’t want us to know. It’s probably not even that serious,” Niall placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder, trying to reassure him that everything would be okay.

I don’t understand why he’s doing this. Harry thought to himself as he tried to hold back the tears.

The boys soon left, leaving Harry alone and a mess. He paced back and forth in almost every room of their place. He was worried, afraid, angry, hurt, and confused.

Louis was hiding something from him and it wasn’t a small matter. He knew it wasn’t. He had this feeling in the pit of his stomach that it wasn’t something that they could joke about or disregard.

“What are you hiding from me?!” Harry yelled as he pushed Louis’ door open and began to rummage through his dresser drawers for some kind of hint.

His dresser held nothing of importance. His closet was filled with nothing but empty hangers a few wrinkled clothes tossed on the floor. Nothing was popping out to him and telling him that he should be worrying.

Harry moved from Louis’ bedroom to his bathroom.

He rummaged through the cabinets attached to the sink, his bathroom closet, but found nothing. He quickly glanced at the medicine cabinet, his throat becoming a little dry from the nervousness.

I shouldn’t… Harry tried to convince himself not to look, but it didn’t stop him from opening it slowly.

Harry glanced inside, slowly pushing past a few things and glancing at a couple of bottles. It wasn’t until he was about to shut the door that something caught his eye.

Harry pulled the bottle from the cabinet and glanced over it.

“What the…” He read over it again and again, trying to make sense of it. He began pulling out more, similar bottles to what he had and read them as well.

Harry’s hand trembled, as he tried to understand what was going on. “Decadron, prednisone, methylprednisolone? What is this?” Harry’s heart was racing fast. What is this for and why isn’t he taking it?

Tears were forming in Harry’s eye as he put the bottles back in the cabinet and hurried out of Louis’ room.

Harry dialed Louis’ number, praying for a miracle that he would answer.

“What do you want?” Louis seemed so out of it when he answered. Harry sighed in relief.

“Please come home…we need to talk…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so there is a reason WHY Harry is finding out this "secret" early in the story. I can't tell you or else it'll give my plot away, BUT THERE IS A REASON. Let's just say that the whole plot revolves around this and that's why it had to be early. You'll find out next chapter what's actually going on, UNLESS you've already figured it out. :) Please enjoy though! Feedback would be LOVELY. Also, please hit recommend if you can and subscribe! Also, sorry if the chapter is short. This is my first Larry fic, and some chapters might be short because I've got a bit of writers block. Also, please do check the authors notes after every chapter. I will explain some things here if I find that you might find it confused. Anyways, I hope you like it!