Status: Active

Young Love

When I was little my mother always told me to never let people tell me I was ‘too young’ to do something that I wanted to do. I always believed that, but when I fell in love with a thirty-six year-old man at the age of eighteen, no one else agreed with me. I had never felt that way about a man before, but it was hard to believe what I felt was real when everyone else told me it was wrong. They told me it was ‘inappropriate’ and that I was delusional. They told me I was just looking to ruin my career and my future. They filled my head with doubts. How long can someone tell you a lie before you start to believe it yourself? I was at that point when I met Madeline, a foreign exchange student at my college.

She heard the rumors about me, but she never once judged me because of them. Instead, she told me she could give me a potion that would make me however old I wanted to be, but there was a catch: I would only remain at that age for as long as the sun was up. When the sun set, I would return to the age of eighteen. I only had one month to get him to fall in love with me, and if he didn't then at sunset at the end of the month, I would die. Whatever remaining years I would have lived on the earth, Madeline would get.