Status: Still under construction.

You Are My Sunshine

Welcome to Heaven on Earth

Courtnee took one look at herself in the mirror of her hotel room and smiled slightly.

Her long curly redhair was looking relatively presentable today. Pulled back into a loose ponytail, her bangs flopped over her eye only a little.

She rubbed her fingers beneath her eyes, wiping off the excess eyeliner that had smeared.

She tugged at her off the shoulder tshirt and smoothed her cutoff shorts before turning on her heel and snagging her small leather bag from the end of the bed, slinging it over her shoulder and walking out of her hotel room.

She had already called a cab and it was waiting outside the hotel for her by the time she reached the automatic doors.

She slid into the front seat, giving the driver her address and watching out the window as the older gentleman drove her to her destination.

10 minutes later she arrived at Sunshine Farm. Her information in hand, and an application shoved into her purse just in case.

She hopped out of the cab, paying the driver, and thanking him profusely. Smiling as he asked her to give linda his best.

She walked towards the inviting looking building where she had been instructed to meet linda.

She wiped her palms on her shorts and pulled the door open, smiling broadly at the middle aged blond woman sitting behind the desk.

“Hi i’m courtnee, you must be linda. “She said, offering her hand to the woman, as she introduced herself.

“You’re here to check out the sod for your horse farm, right?” The woman confirmed, witha friendly smile.

The redhead nodded, glancing around the office curiously. It was homey, but with an air of proffesionalism.

“I’ll get one of the boys to show you around.” She offered, reaching for her cell phone.

Courtnee smiled and nodded politely, looking out across the land, her eyes locked on the large body of water. She wished she had thought to bring a swimsuit. Her body ached to be submerged in the cool looking water.

When she brought her attention back to linda, she found her line of vision blocked by a broad chested,tall blond man with striking blue eyes.

She quirked one brow up at him curiously “my ma called me, asked me to show you around” he informed her, gesturing towards the door that lead to the swealtering heat of the summer sun.

She nodded reluctantly, giving Linda a breif wave goodbye before she followed the giant blond outside.

She put her hand up over her eyes as the sun shone directly into them.

“Want something to block the sun with?” The deep,husky voice of the blond man asked.

She nodded, thankfully as he handed her a worn green and white hat. She pulled it over her head, threading her pony tail through the back, and smiling up at him.

“Thanks for that, i’m Courtnee by the way.” She told him, shaking his large hand firmly.

He chuckled at her business-like manner “jordan, and I have to say, you are very proffesional, for a girl in cutoffs.” He teased as he lead her to a four wheeler.

She rolled her eyes, suddenly feeling very exposed in her outfit. “I’m comfortable, and its not like i’m applying for a job” she said witsfully.

He chuckled “too bad, we could use some estrogen around here” he said, gesturing grandly to a red fourwheeler.

“This is our tour vehicle, hope you dont mind getting a little close” he said softly.

He swung his legs over the atv, turning the key and revving the engine at her before she finally gave in and swung her long legs over the seat, and scooted up close behind him.

“You might wanna hold on, I go pretty fast” he told her, with a wicked smirk.

“I’m sure i’ll be able to hang on” she informed him, resting her hands on his waist tenatively.

She wanted to stay professional, but it was difficult with the gorgeous man constantly flirting with her.

She would love to work for the family, but she knew she would be tempted by the man sitting infront of her.

She felt him rev the engine once more before the vehicle lurched forward, sending her much closer to Jordan than she had intended.

She flushed and he chuckled throatily. “I told you to hold on. Women, you never listen” he teased. Making her flush even brighter, and swat his bulging forearm and urge him to continue the tour.

She listened intently as he gestured to each different type of sod they had growing, and took mental notes on which ones fared best in warm humid climates.

Suddenly the four wheeler stopped, but she didnt recognize her surroundings. She nudged jordan curiously as he turned off the atv and smiled at her.

“Were taking a break. ” he informed her sliding off the sticky seat and offering her his hand, she took it, and allowed him to help her down.

“Where are we?” She asked curiously, Watching him warily.

He chuckled and shed his shirt, revealing a much better body than she had allowed herself to fantasize about in the short time she had spent clinging to him for dear life.

She bit her lip, raising an eyebrow” I dont recall seeing a striptease on the pamphlet” she said with a smug look on her freckle covered face.

He chuckled and his hands went to the buttons on his shorts as he swayed his hips in time to some musical score in his head.

She rolled her eyes. “Seriously, what are we doing?” She asked, grabbing his wrists to stop him.

He raised an eyebrow, as if to challenge her movement.

“Isn’t it obvious? Were going swimming.” He exclaimed, pointing towards the lake and dock.

“I dont have a swimsuit.” She told him.

He shrugged “neither do I.”

“I dont have a change of clothes” she added, looking down at her outfit pointedly.

“I’ll lend you some and we can wash yours at the house.” He offered graciously.

“You do this on all your tours?” She asked, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

Jordan shook his head. “Nope. first time showing a potential customer the lake…that okay with you?” He taunted.

She groaned, pulling her tshirt over her head, revealing a black lace bra.

Jordan tried not to stare, but couldnt stop himself from dropping his jaw.

“You could warn a guy” he said dramatically pretending to shield his eyes.

She chuckled and took advantage of his blocked vision and yanked her shorts down, exposing her lace and spandex boyshort panties.

She took off at a run towards the dock, kicking jordans shin playfully as she went.

He grunted in surprise, taking off after her, slinging his arm around her waist when he caught up to her easily.

He scooped her up over his shoulder and took a running leap off the dock, effectively dunking both of them.

She shreiked and resurfaced quickly. At the shock of the cool water, Jordan’s’ grip on her had loosened and she had escaped.

She searched for his blond head calmly for a moment before panic began to set in.

“Jordan…?” She called out, treading water, searching for him rather frantically now.

She felt something brush against her thigh, she screamed and flailed her long pale legs, trying to swim away. She felt her foot come in contact with something warm and solid.

She heard him resurface, sputtering and spitting out water “christ woman, watch your feet!” He grunted, rubbing his chest gingerly.

She chuckled, shaking her head. “Maybe you shouldnt have tried to scare me, jackass.” She said firmly, crossing her arms across her chest as she tread water easily.

He rolled his eyes “youre just a scardey cat” he informed her, smirking at her.

She growled and splashed at him, sticking out her tongue.

"I wasn't scared. I was concerned. I didn't want your mother to blame me for your premature death." she said, before swimming back to the dock.

Jordan couldn't help but admire her ass as she hoisted herself out of the water and sat demurely at the edge of the solid wooden dock.

He smirked and rolled over in the water to float on his back.

He could feel her eyes on him as he closed his eyes and enjoyed the relaxing sway of the water moving his body.

When he finally decided to get out of the water, the feisty red head was nowhere to be seen, and his clothes were missing, along with the four wheeler.

He groaned and ran his fingers through his hair and began the long walk back to the office where he assumed he would find her.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big shout out to Pesky-Canes who helped me brain storm the direction in which to take this lovely fanfiction of mine.

She may also be joining me as a co-author and helping me write some chapters. :)
so go check out her stories :)

Feel free to comment and let me know what you think of the story so far.