Unicorn Blood

The Attack

I dipped my finger in the cool lake, the tip broke the surface, causing ripples to spread out, my reflection clouding for a moment. I stared at myself, the long wavy black hair, the long thick eyelashes. My face with no freckles, marks, or scars, my eyes that change color with my mood. Right then my eyes were a light crystal blue, the same as the sparkling lake. Trapped in this enchanted forest, heavy with shimmering mists and thick foliage, beautiful, like a sleeping dragon. I heard soft hooves trotting through the grass behind me, and I turned to smile at a young unicorn coming to drink. "Hello," I whispered softly, nuzzling her thick mane with my chin.
"How are you today, Elise?" she asked softly. "Wonderful." I said without conviction. She smiled sadly, "Elise, the reason I came to you today was not just for friendly conversation, though I wish it was so." She sighed, "The exact forces that your parents were trying to protect you from when you were small are coming here. You must flee the forest." I spun around, "Juliana! There is no way to leave this forest! And even if there was, how could I leave without you?" I cried. Juliana sadly shook her head, " Only through the tears of unicorn's may you enter the forest, and through the blood of unicorns may you leave. And, according to my father, there will be plenty of unicorn blood tonight."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

" Elise! You must make haste! They are here!" Juliana's fearful voice woke me out of my sleep. "Come!" I slung myself onto her back as she started running. All around me the silver unicorns were fighting with their glistening horns, falling to the ground as things that were neither man nor demon swirled around and seemed to disappear into the night, one moment solid while another just a wisp of foreboding smoke. Juliana ran deeper into the forest and stopped before a tree before thrusting on the ground a golden knife. "Cut me!" she cried. "No!" I exclaimed, shocked. " Elise, the best thing we can do now is to fulfill our promise, which is to keep you as safe as possible. Do it now, or I will die with no honor." I kissed her soft ear as I slit her back, only enough for a drop of silver blood to ooze out, and brought up a rose flask in which to collect her precious blood. She pushed me into the tree, I screamed and closed my eyes... but instead of crashing into it... I didn't. When I opened my eyes, I was standing on hard ground, it was black and there were white markings on it. I heard a loud roar and whipped around, prepared for even a dragon, it was worse. A huge mechanical wagon zoomed toward me, two bright eyes glistening, and then I felt pain, and everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I know I'm not a fantastic writer, so the reason I joined this site was to become better. Please do not comment negatively. I might not update very soon because I have three projects due then final exams, but I do have one more chapter I'm preparing that I will post pretty soon. Thanks! XD