Status: Crossover fic. Hope you enjoy it.

Brand New Day

Chapter 1: Villain Strikes Bank

The local news reporter appears on the television screen, clad up in his suit and tie with a semi-serious look on his face. “Good evening and welcome to the five o-clock news. My name is Barney Howser.” He pauses with a small, cheesy grin. “Breaking news has just been informed to the studio and our own Rick Whedon is on the scene. Whedon, you’re on.”

“Thank you, Barney.” Rick says as he reports in front of a bank. “In an odd turn of events, time had frozen here at the National Bank. What witnesses say is time literally stood still.”

“We were stunned at what happened; some of us are still astonished that this occurred.” The Police Chief says on screen. “When we got there, all the money was gone, no fingerprints or anything. We were going to check the surveillance cameras when we realized something was off. What really got us was that every single person in the bank was frozen; the tellers and the patrons and the clocks were stopped as well along with the cameras being malfunctioned. I thought it was going to be a flash mob and they were all going to move but they stood like that for about ten minutes before slowly going back to normal and no one really knows how long they were like that.”

“It was as if you were frozen in time.” A terrified witness says on the screen. “It was as if your entire body was frozen in ice. There was this…blue light and then the next thing I remember was almost stumbling mid step. I think we were all frozen for about 45 minutes but it seemed like hours and hours.”

“I briefly saw the man.” A teller says. “He was in a white coat but I couldn’t see his face and…oh my god, I thought I died, I thought I would never move again.” The witness began to hyperventilate in utter shock.

“Wow, what a peculiar thing to happen.” Barney says as it goes back to the studio. “We will keep you updated for anything involved in this case and now here is what’s going on outside of town…”

Dr. Horrible watched the news from his lair and shut off the television once the news segment has ended. He stood up from his oversized chair and walked over to the table where his freeze ray sat charging after a day of work. He felt proud that this was a success. Bad Horse himself phoned him to congratulate him on a job well done and gave him a share of the money he stole; his share became about 1,000 dollars which was more than enough for him. He walked to a cabinet to pull out a bottle of rum and a glass. He crossed over to the other side to the small refrigerator and freezer to pull out a few ice cubes to put in the glass and poured the rum. Once that was done, he put the bottle away and crossed back to his chair and sat back down.

“It’s so good to be bad.” He said with his signature smirk as he took a celebratory drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry haven't updated in a while. But I hoped you liked it :) ALSO: Credit to CBS and Joss Whedon because of use of combining Barney Stinson and Joss Whedon's names and yeah.