Status: In progress :)

Here Goes Nothing

Serious conversation

After two very boring movies, a huge order to an unknown restaurant, and endless flirting (Wesley with me and Maddi with Wesley), we all decided to call it a night. It was, after all, way pass midnight and we knew we'd get an early wake up call in the morning, whether we wanted to or not. It wasn't until we were dangerously close to Wesley's room that the deafening silence was broken. 

"So are you really going to your room?" He asked me hesitantly, his hands finding his pockets slowly. 

"Well where did you think I would go at this time, the hair salon?" I asked him with an expectant smirk as I crossed my arms, waiting for his answer. 

"I don't know. I thought maybe you'd wanna come in my room, we could chill for a bit." He shrugged as he looked at me dead in the eyes. And while the bigger part of me was appalled by his suggestion, there is still an important part of me that actually stopped to think about it for a minute (although I would never admit THAT outloud). 

"Since we did share the same seat for a long time in the tour bus today, I believe I owe it to you and our new found friendship, if this is even what it's called, to explain the reason why I will not only decline your offer but also pretend like you didn't say anything." I started and when I looked at Wesley's face, he had a smirk. Clearly he was amused by my little speech. He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, the smirk never leaving his face. 

"Well, go on. I'm just dying to know why Princess Williams refuses to come in my room. So, please, explain." 

"First of all I won't dwell on the fact that your sarcasm is appreciated but not necessary, or the fact that you know my last name-"

"I might've had a talk with my dad." He explained nonchalantly. But I ignored him.

"I will, however, go right back to my point. Although your anything-but-subtle flirting tonight was flattering it will not be tolerated anymore. In case you haven't noticed, you have seemed to catch someone else's attention and-"

"Maddi? Are you talking about Maddi?" He asked, cutting me off again. My face flushed for a moment as I realised what I was saying, but I comforted myself with the fact that, if Maddi didn't want him to know, she wouldn't have been so forward tonight. And I also put a lot of hope in Wesley. I just had to believe he would be mature enough to handle this information in an adult way. He WAS nineteen after all.

"If you must know, yes. I think you've been under her radar for quite some time now." 

"What would it take to be under YOUR radar?" He asked with a cocky smile?

"I won't even explain how much this sentence was inappropriate because I will go ahead and trust the fact that you are fully aware of that yourself." I said as I glared at him and he just laughed.

"Come on, Kaleigh. Madison is a sixteen-year old girl. She's still in high school." He pointed out.

"Yes, and just a couple of days ago, so was I." I rebutted. He sighed, but then he smiled.

"Look, Maddi is a very nice girl and I care about her a lot. But she's like my sister, and I could never think of her in a different way. Did I know she might be interested in me? Yeah, it doesn't take a college degree to get a clue, I mean the girl's not that subtle. Anyway, the point is that I love Maddi, I'm just not in love with her and whatever feelings she has for me, if those go beyond friendship, are not shared." He explained. 

"Don't you think she has a right to know that? Doesn't she at least deserve that much? At least she could move on and find a guy who could care about her just as much as she cares for him." I told him.

"Yes she does. But how am I supposed to tell her? Am I supposed to just walk up to her and tell her that I don't wanna go out with her? That I don't think about her that way? Of course, she deserves a guy who could give her the world, but until she gives me solid proof that she's interested in me, until she can tell me face to face how she really feels, there's nothing I can really do about it." He said and I knew he was sincere. I finally let out a small sigh. 

"You're right. But I'm sorry, until everything is clear with Maddi, you can't be anywhere NEAR my radar." I said. And once again, a small smile creeped on his face. 

"You know, I'm not used to NOT get what I want. I might be a little persistent." He said. 

"Goodnight Wesley." I said, deciding to ignore his last comment. It was late and I didn't want to start yet another conversation topic. But I couldn't help but blush all the way to my hotel room. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter guys, hope you like it! And if you do, maybe you could tell me... maybe? Anyways thanks for reading and subscribing, it's really appreciated! :)