Status: In progress :)

Here Goes Nothing

The after party

"You can kiss me if you want to." 

"I want to." He said, but as he leaned closer to my face, he placed a kiss beneath my ear instead, cupping my cheek with his opposite hand. 

"Are you sure you want this?" He asked me. I didn't even think about it.

"Yes." And it didn't take him more than that. He slowly got closer to me and, finally, his lips met mine in a gentle kiss.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so drunk anymore. Or maybe that was a lie. I DID feel intoxicated but it had nothing to do with the many beers and shooters I might've had. I felt completely and utterly drunk on Wesley Dunn. His lips were soft yet forceful against mine. The perfect mix to drive me (or anyone else I'm sure) absolutely crazy. The way one hand stayed firmly on my waist while the other went from being on the small of my back to sneaking all the way up to my head and even tangled in my hair to keep me in place had more effect on me than I could ever begin to explain. I felt myself blush from his simple touch and I had to force myself to pull away from him when I was lacking oxygen. Wesley's head leaned down on my shoulder before he started kissing my neck. I had to fight the urge to shiver. His hands slowly started to go up my shirt, and I don't know why but I didn't stop him. 

"I've been wanting to do this from the second I met you." He muttered before his lips went back to kissing my neck. I didn't know what to think of that, not in that state of mind anyway. So I just didn't answer. I was in a complete daze but when I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the television. Now, I don't claim to be a psychologist. The human brain is, as a matter of fact, a complete mystery to me. So, to this day, I still don't understand how an innocent and very inanimate television could make me think of Madison and how she would be devastated to see us like this, but it did. And that's all it took for me to come to my senses. 

"I need to go." I said a little breathlessly as I held Wesley's shoulder so he would back off a little. 

"What?" He said a little angrily. 

"I uh...I need to go. This isn't right." I said as I attempted to get up but the room was spinning and I fell back down. 

"Tell me you're kidding Kaleigh. Because I recall asking you if you were sure about this just a few minutes ago." He explained as he steadied me with both his hands. 

"I know. I was...and I still am it's just...Maddi-"

"You have GOT to come up with a better story." He practically snapped.

"Excuse me?" I asked him in shock as I waved his hands off me. 

"Look, if you don't want me than that's fine but stop lying about it." He said.

"Why would you think I'm lying about this? Wesley, I don't have that many friends. I don't know if you noticed but my personnality is a little high maintenance-"

"Yeah no kidding."

"But Maddi never cared about that. Just like I never cared that she was a few years younger. Our friendship is important to me and I don't want to ruin it over some boy-" 

"I'm 19 I think I can graduate to at least 'guy' " 

"It wouldn't be fair to her and, selfishly enough, it wouldn't be fair to me." I finished explaining. He sighed and dropped his head before nodding slightly. 

"So what do we do now?" He asked, his head still completely down. And it tore me apart to see him like this, because his words and his posture mirrored exactly how I felt inside. 

"I don't know. We can't do anything until-"

"Until Maddi knows exactly how I feel about her I know. But what happens then?" He asked me.

"Well I know it's not a very original answer but I don't know. The truth is that I think you're interesting and I would love to get to know you more, and who knows...maybe there's more to you than those incredible green eyes and this amazing body." I smiled.

"You're very upfront tonight." He muttered, his head slowly lifting up until his eyes met mine.

"I'm also very drunk right now." I said softly, still smiling. "Anyway, I want to get to know you, so much. But even though I said it a million times I'll explain it again because I want to be very clear: Madison deserves to know the truth. She deserves to know that the only way you'll ever see her is as family and-" 

"What!?" Someone said from behind me. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter guys, hope you like it! :) and by the way, thank you so much for the comments, not only did it make me grin like a total idiot but I even laughed. So thanks for a the support!!