Status: In progress :)

Here Goes Nothing

The talk

I knew alcohol could make you do stupid things. However, I never knew alcohol could make you potentially deaf. Therefore, while I was blatantly voicing my opinion about how things should be, I didn't hear the door open. 

"What are you talking about Kaleigh?" Maddi asked me softly, tears already filling up her eyes.

"What are you doing here Maddi? I thought you were asleep." I questionned her carefully.

"I tried to sleep, but the loud music kept me from doing that so I went back to my room. I looked for you guys but Ryan told me you were here. Why were you talking about me?" She asked again. 

"Maddi-"

"No! Tell me, why was my name mentionned? It's a simple question." She asked, getting angry. She heard the conversation, she probably knew very well what we were talking about, but she wanted me to say it to her face. But I couldn't bring myself to do that so I looked at the ground instead. 

"Ok, you don't wanna tell me? That's fine! Wes, enlighten me, please!" She said in a pleading tone. 

"Look, Maddi, this is not the kind of conversation we should have right now." Wesley answered, trying to be responsible. My muscles were frozen in place. But I still gathered up enough courage to look up and finally meet Maddi's face. 

"Well that's too bad because I'm not leaving here until everything is clear. I mean, that's what you want Kaleigh, right? You wanted to make everything clear, so let's make shit clear!" She snapped, sitting down on the floor as a single tear ran down her cheeks. Wesley sighed. 

"Ok, you know what? Fine! I know you've been having some sort of a crush on me-"

"You told him?" Maddi cried, looking at me. 

"She didn't have to, Maddi. I knew." 

"You knew?" She asked him in a small voice. 

"Yes. Listen, you know I like you. We've practically grown up together and I'm so glad you're in my life." He explained as he patted her knee, and it was her turn to look at the ground. 

"But..." She probed. 

"I love you Maddi, I'm just not in love with you." He said softly.

"Oh and you're in love with Kaleigh?" She asked pointedly. 

"Well it's a little soon to say that-" 

"This is so embarrassing." She muttered.

"It doesn't have to be. It's just...I've been wanting to say what I just said to you for a while, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. You deserve someone who would give you the moon, someone who makes you completely happy. I'm not that guy, but I'll be around when you meet him, probably with a paintball gun and a cocky grin. And when you leave me alone with him I'll have no choice but to give him a few threats so he'll know that if he breaks your heart, I'll be the first one in line to break his face." He explained and at that she laughed quietly. 

"I guess it was a little stupid of me to have these feelings for you." She said before sniffing her nose and wiping away her tears. 

"Hey, you can't help how you feel. And honnestly I don't blame you. I'd be head over hills with me if I was a girl. Heck I'd be in love with me if I was another guy." He shrugged, making her laugh some more. She shoved him playfully and he laughed along with her.

"Ok, well I better go and try to sleep again. Maybe this time I'll be successful. Sorry for ruining your night." She said looking at the ground.

"No Maddi. You didn't ruin anything. If you weren't asleep you would've been right here with us the entire night." I told her reassuringly. 

"Well I think it's better off if I'm not here. I'm not stupid guys, I've seen the way you look at each other." She smiled saddly. When we didn't answer, she got up. 

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She grinned and we both got up, not knowing what to say. 

"Goodnight Kayles. And look, I'm sorry if I went a little psycho tonight." She said as we hugged each other goodnight. 

"That was nothing. We deserved it actually." I replied.

"Thanks for the lie." She smiled before leaning into my shoulder and whispering : "Don't screw this up because of me. Just...go for it." She smiled again before giving my arms a squeeze and moving over to Wesley. She looked hesitant before he engulfed her in a huge bear hug. 

"Thanks for not making this too awkward." She said, her voice muffled by his hoodie.

"Well thanks for being infatuated by me." He joked and she let go, shoving him playfully once again.

"This will be a running gag for a while I assume?" She asked but smirked. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He said, grinning right back at her. 

"Ok well then I'm looking forward to the next few days." She smiled sarcastically and then she walked towards the door. Before she left, she turned around and looked at us. 

"Have a good night guys. And I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Goodnight, Maddi." We said softly and with that, she was gone. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter guys, hope you like it! :) Thanks again for all the support and as for the pictures, I'll try to post them later on today and I hope it'll live up to your expectations!