Status: In progress :)

Here Goes Nothing

Bad news

I was right, nothing remains perfect. And so maybe I shouldn’t have been so surprised when my parents woke me up, delivering some of the worst news I’ve heard in a while.

At first, I thought it was a joke. And so I questioned my parents’ sense of humor. But then I realised their idea of funny doesn’t usually involve death.

Ryan Dunn was dead.

Something about a car crash and I couldn’t register anything more. I didn’t even think before getting ready as quickly as I could and hurry up to see Wesley. When I knocked on the door, his mother greeted me. Her eyes were puffy and red and she didn’t even attempt to smile.

“Wesley’s in his room.” She told me. I nodded once before going up to see him. I’d never been in his room, hell I don’t remember being in his house. But I knew his room was upstairs, he told me once.

Once I reached his room I knocked softly and then came in without waiting for a response. His lights were off and he was laying in bed, looking at the ceiling. He wasn’t crying or smiling he was just…staring. He didn’t even turn around at the sound of the door creaking or my foosteps.

“Listen, I just want you to be honest with me. Do you want me to stay or do you wanna be alone? I promise there’s no wrong answer.” I said. It took a while before he answered.

“Stay.”

“Ok, now on to the next question. Do you wanna talk about it or talk about anything else or just stay in complete silence?” I asked him as I took a step forward. Once again, he didn’t answer right away.

“Just…come here.” He said. And he opened his arms, looking at me for the first time. I didn’t hesitate to climb in the bed and hold him.

“I uh…I love you.” He said quietly and he kissed my hair. I squeezed him before answering:

“I know, and I love you too.” I said.

I didn’t know what else to say, but did it really matter? At the end of the day, Ryan Dunn was still dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, life has just been crazy. I know it got kind of dramatic all of a sudden but it'll get better. Hope I'm not disappointing you guys.