Status: In progress :)

Here Goes Nothing

Change of plan

"N-no." I stuttered before mentally kicking myself for a lack of vocabulary. He smirked and slid easily besides me. 

"What are you reading?" He asked with obvious curiosity as his eyebrows furrowed and his head nodded towards the book in my hand. 

"Oh uhh...I don't know. I mean I just took the first book I could find in my mom's book library. I figured I'd have some free time while I'm here and I didn't wanna get too bored." I blabbed in a quiet tone. He was still smirking when I looked up, and I (once again) felt self conscious. 

"Ok then. So my dad told me you're Bam's cousin?" He questioned. I nodded with a smile.  "How does that work? I mean, you guys don't share the same last name..." He trailed off, wanting me to explain.

"His mom and my mom are sisters." I said. He nodded. 

"Cool." He answered and I felt an uneasy silence comming on. But I think Wesley did too, because he didn't lose much time before starting to speak again. 

"You know, if I would've known that you looked like that..I would've met you a while ago." He whispered before putting on a cocky grin. And just like that, my eyebrow cocked up and I suddenly felt completely comfortable. 

"Well if I would've known you'd act like THAT, I would've said this seat is occupied." I snapped back but grinned anyway. He let out a low whistle, and I could tell he was enjoying this. And as twisted as that sounds...so did I. 

"You DO know this is a four-hour drive before we make our first stop right? You sure you wanna go there? I mean, four hours is a long time to pretend you don't want me." He said. Even though I had only known him for a few minutes, I somehow knew that he wasn't the cocky asshole he pretended to be. So I played along in his game.

"Who says I'm pretending?" I answered before opening up my book and tried to start reading. Even if I didn't see him, I know he rolled his eyes. 

"Fine, be that way. You're just making it harder on yourself. But I can assure you that you'll be all over me before the trip is over." He said and then he laughed. Not in an evil way and not in a crazy way either. Just a little...just to show that he wasn't 100% serious. I laughed a little with him before I looked at Maddi. And that's when I stopped laughing. Maddi, my best friend, she had a crush on him. And I was stepping in a very seriously dangerous territory by hanging out with him in the back of the bus, even if it WAS just that...hanging out. So not only did I have to prove HIM wrong (even though he was only joking), I would also have to stay away to keep my friendship intact. The summer had just gotten more complicated. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter, hope you guys like it! :)